Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

parts help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
parts help

ok so i plan on doing some work on my evo 9 mr. parts im curently running are arc induction box and trust ti CB. ordered a garage hrs downpipe and have a titek V2 o2 housing. so my question to you guys are what other sopporting mods should i have done to reach my mark of 310-315ish. ex MBC boost pill a gm boost soloniod etc etc. im thinking some time begining january is going to be when i have my parts installed and tuned. so i have untill then to stock up. any good info is appreciated thanks guys
Old Nov 26, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, put on an MBC and you should be good!!!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

just talked to a local port guy going to do my intake, mani, hot side and 02 housing. so that will most def help. any other mods i should get before? what about upgrading my injectors.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Injectors should be good for a bit. LICP would be another key upgrade consistent with the other things your are adding.

Do you have stuff to monitor the car.

If not Tactrix cable, WBo2, and JDM Map would be at the top of my list.

Also, start saving for a clutch.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

so with my set up i will need to moniter the car?
Old Nov 26, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

I would. Learning how to log your car and make sure everything is running the way it should is vital.

Plus, with the tactrix cable and EvoScan, it is cheap. About $125 for both. The EvoX Map is about $100 and the WBo2 is another $200ish, depending on which one you go with.

If you are going to be adding parts, being able to log your car should be your number one concern.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by mac214
If you are going to be adding parts, being able to log your car should be your number one concern.
+2 very important
Old Nov 26, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

even after having the car professionaly tuned? All this stuff is pretty new to me reason why I ask.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Even after having it professionally tuned, personally I would still be keeping an eye on knock and boost etc...

With the Tephra mods, you can have your "Check Engine" light blink when the ECU encounter a certain degree of knock and then blink fast when it goes above another preset number. This can give you an idea of how your car is running and whether you should be taking another look at your tune due to weather changes, bad fuel, etc...

You can also log your car every now and then to make sure your boost settings are still the same, etc....

Not to mention being able to pull the codes your car might throw and reset them.

There are a number of reasons you should be concerned with how and what your car is doing, especially if you plan on modding the vehicle. Understanding the car and being able to trouble shoot things will make owning a modified vehicle much less of a headache and will allow you to enjoy it much more. If you are new to all of this, you should definitely be pouring over the forums and learning as much as you can before putting parts on the car.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
x2 As stated by mac, always should monitor your car yourself. IMO i would do it for piece of mind. You never know if a a tune could have a flaw or what not. But its important to keep an eye on boost and knock like stated.