Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 5-6 Transmission

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2008, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 5-6 Transmission

has anyone thought about using an awd auto transmission from an eclipse for this swap when the awd conversion has been done on a mirage? i've researched and tried all the search engines i can think of and couldn't come up with anything any HELPFUL and POSITIVE feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Check out the first few pics in this link. There are automatic Evo's available, but I think your going to have to source parts from Japan or the UK. I don't know of anyone who has done it. I'm pretty sure the IX AT drivetrain should work with an Evo 6. Both are the CT9A chassis. It would most likely be stronger than an Eclipse trans as well.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=163153

Last edited by BlackIX; Nov 27, 2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 07:24 AM

do you think it might be easier just to get the 7.5 GTA engine and tranny swap and just swap it into the evo 5 or 6? i would also be having the transmission redone by levelten with a higher stall torque converter and valvebodies and possibly an aftermarket TCU as well