Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DynoJet or Dyno Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by someguyonline
true, dyno jet if you want consistant numbers but you usually have to do a bit of street tuning, DD if you want the tune to stay consistant from the dyno to the road and dont care about numbers..but the best way to judge is go to the track and see what mph the car puts up
Again I ask, what do you believe you can do on the street that you can't replicate on a current model Dynojet dyno? Give me a specific scenario and I will tell you if it can be done on a Dynojet or not. For tuning, I don't believe there is any scenario that can't be achieved on a Dynojet (properly optioned).

See post #15.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
For a tuner like Aaron and I who travel and use other peoples dynos the DJ seems to be the best for us. Due how close they all are. I have now been on 4 different DJ 3 of them are the 448x with the 224 attachment and one is the new 224xlc and all of them are dead on the same. I can look at the mods done and know the HP the car should make. This help us and the Customer a ton so we know if there is any angles in the mod path that they could be missing or if something is mechanically wrong with there car. I have been on 2 Mustangs and both of them were totally different and on both of them the operator was bragging to me how we could get what ever # the customer was looking for. I also found after many pulls the MD seem to start reading a little different ware as the DJ seems to be dead on all the time.

I know the DD is a great dyno not sure if you can totally mess with the # like a MD. I do know they have different modes that spit out totally different # but I would hope if yo at least knew what mode it was in you could do math of the correction to some how compare #.

If you are a big shop Like BR or AMS who does tones of EVOs and run the dyno the same every time then its probably not a big deal on the # are comparable, but if you are a small shop and dont do alot of the same cars with simeler mods it can make it hard to know if you are making the right power for your mods and ultimately running the right 1/4mi and trap for mods done.

I feel for AWD cars the load of the 2 rollers is plenty for tuning. I do kinda feel for 2wd cars the 224 is to light of a load for good tuning. Of course if you have the Eddy current version then you are good to go.

I know when I get a dyno it will be a DJ with the Eddy Current.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everybody, calm down...
Dyno Dynamics is the best and also low reading (heartbreaking) dyno, but it is really expensive. Period. Thank You.