Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Help - Buying an EVO VIII tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too much. Even at MSRP your out the door should a lot less. Just read the fine print because you shouldn't have to pay over MSRP.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:10 PM

The spring spacers are rubber spacers that mitsu put between the springs to raise the height of the car for shipping

Its pretty dangerous to drive with these in and ride will be very bouncy with them in

Yea I think bouncy came to mind when I spilled a steaming hot beverage on my lap....
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by vicbdn
Not too bad a deal i suppose. Im only paying 360 a month however, since i put 15k down and got cosigned with my mom. But otherwise, you can argue down to 4.9 % as I did. Just keep on asking for lower percents and they'll just give it to you suppose. Dont bother with the 7 year whatever warrenty, if you plan on modding or whatnot or whatever. Its a japanese car, and it will probably survive to the 8th year and then crap out.

I paid 33k out the door. Mainly because i got the car before the dealer put their "Dealer special" which is like a crappy wax and a crappy underbody anti rust coat. I plan on getting the anti rust tho later from another place.
I also didnt get thier VIN thing in the windows. I mean i have ful coverage and adding that would only take 6 dollars off my insurance. Dunno anything about problems ATM as i just got it a couple days ago, but im sure if you bring up the problems you might be able to haggle a little bit more off the price.

With 15K down, 4.9% and $33k out the door your monthly payments should be around $330/mo if your financing for 5 years
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Oh and $35K out the door is way too much if msrp is 32,000. You need to bargain more. You should be buying it for 32,000 otd.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

thx for the ideas.

i am going to another mitsubishi tomorrow to see if they can beat the other dealer's price. they told me they could beat the price.
so i could prolly get between $32-$33 OTD.

pray for me plz...LOL

thx again guys, i am new to this forum and i feel really welcomed here.

i am sure i'll be here alot once i got the EVO.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

As previously mentioned, judging an out the door price varies quite a bit state to state. From my experience, prices here in the southeast are near invoice or maybe I just got really lucky.

As far as turbo care, you need to be a little more aware of your oil level than in a non turbo car. Lubrication is hugely important with something that spins that fast and is that hot. Letting the engine warm up and cool off properly is very important. I would like to find a good turbo timer and get it put on my car. You just have to build good habits. Don't be in a rush to go right after start up and listen to the end of the song after you park and then shut off the car. My Eclipse has ran 85000 miles without any turbo issues by following those simple rules.

Good luck and don't let them talk you into a bad deal. If you don't get an Evo tomorrow, then there will be one waiting somewhere out there the next day.

Best wishes,
f86sabre
Old Sep 9, 2003, 03:53 PM

I don't know if someone mentioned this, but your tax should be a little lower as you are only paying the different between 15K and the price you negotiated. Also, 5.5% is kind of high. You could probably do better.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

So many factors...I'll shoot you the deal I got to compare...

27959 for the Car (no sunroof)
800 for Va State taxes (3%, no maximum)

financed 26500 for 72 mo's (I have 2 other cars I'm paying for atm) at 4.75%

payments are about 425/mo

Honestly sounds like you could get a better deal. My bank offered me 3.9% financing if I would have went with 60 mo's, and even offered a 1/4% discount if I would have gone with bank drafting.

Good luck on your decision, you won't regret it no matter how much you pay!
Old Sep 9, 2003, 04:27 PM

Thats way more than I would pay Bro. I got mine 2 months ago for 29,500 w/ sunroof and CF spoiler. I still think I could have got a better deal but I thought and still do think its a pretty sweet deal. Hold out on them, I would if I were you
Old Sep 9, 2003, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

I picked up my evo from socal at 31500 out the door with sunroof and spoiler, financed at 4.9% with $5k down. Im sure you can bring down the price from 35 to closer to 32 out the door.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 05:02 PM
DJJ

Originally posted by EVO_RPM

With 15K down, 4.9% and $33k out the door your monthly payments should be around $330/mo if your financing for 5 years
For cryin out loud don't you people read? He said he has 13k left on his rsx-s and that the dealer is paying it off hence 13k, so he is still stuck w/ Price + tax+title ect. ect.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by DJJ

For cryin out loud don't you people read? He said he has 13k left on his rsx-s and that the dealer is paying it off hence 13k, so he is still stuck w/ Price + tax+title ect. ect.
hmmm you're the one who has to learn what to read. The guy that i'm talking about is VICBDN, the guy that has 13k left on his rsx-s is YTSEJAM . Think before you post
Old Sep 9, 2003, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

GUYS, thanks for the help.

i PICKED UP my EVO today. it's a BLUE BY YOU

It has 34 miles in it right now and i love every single mile of it.

and yeah, i need a turbo timer, kinda suck to have to sit for cpl mins.

anyways, the final deal was $32K and some cents.
4.6% APR, they pay the left for my rsx-s (13K), put down $1500,
paying $525 monthly.

i am happy that i got the evo.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

That's what I'm paying for my Evo. Congrats and enjoy your new car.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats! Did you finance for 72 or 60 months?

Quick Reply: Need Help - Buying an EVO VIII tomorrow