Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car is satalling + Weird vibrating noise from driversside. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is satalling + Weird vibrating noise from driversside. Please Help!

Ok so I got some issues cleared up with the car, I pulled the spark plugs and they were some crappy worn out champion plugs so I put the stock NGK's in and the car now doesn't hiccup like it used to under boost. The problem I currently have is that the idle is a little rough, but more importantly sometimes when I push the clutch in the car tries to die, the RPMs go way below idle and then come back up a second later. I have tried searching and haven't found anything. The car is all stock except an AEM SRI Please don't burn me, i'm new to evos and i am having a rough start. Any ideas?

The second problem is that I hear a really rough vibrating noise from the drivers side front part of the car, it sounds like it may be near the drivers side wheel or by the pedals. Any ideas, is this normal?

-DJ
Old Dec 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vaacum leak
Old Dec 2, 2008, 06:12 PM

whats the best way to check that? I should also say that the noise happens when the car is in neutral and when it is moving.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
vaacum leak where?? what im wondering. so if your idling say at around 950 and then it drops off and immediatly comes back up its a vaccum leak??? i just installed a complete injen system and mine does that now but not all the time. Its also does not try to die if i put the clutch in. its fine just when im sitting there not on gas or clutch randomly. i thought i needed to get it tuned and idle turned up. it does not do its all the time thats why i was thinking a tune. have not gotten my car tuned yet since i been modding i was waiting till i install my cam gears and camshafts then get it tuned. now i was missing one silicone hose for the bov. so i made a straight hose out of a generic radaitor hose and clamped it down tight. the hose i made it out if is not as stiff(strong) exterior as the orginal silicone hose made for the bov. everything is is tighten up using the injen hoses. if what you say is true should i just order a samco straight reducer hose of that size and replace the hose i made. now the car idles FINE its not rough at all since i installed the intake upper/lower pipping and bov. just drops to like 650rpms for like less than a second and goes back up to 950rpms. Again it does not do this constantly. just wondering
Old Dec 2, 2008, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

btw dorian i would crank the car and try to pinpoint the exact location of the noise. if its a vacuum leak check all your hose clamps and retighten all of them intake upper ic bov etc on that side
Old Dec 2, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Also, the rough vibrating noise might be your throw out bearing? Do you hear the sound when the clutch is in also?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 06:39 PM

It doesn't seem to be consistent with the clutch. it does it only at low RPM's and does it with the clutch in or out. I am assuming that the vibrations of the engine at certain RPMs are causing this noise. I don't know tho.

My idle problem does not happen all the time, like rockman it only happens occasionally.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:08 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has the BOV been vented to the atmosphere? That can cause yourpm to drop also.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:12 PM

No I have stock BOV recerc.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

bov,vac leak,or mass air......
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

this is what it looks like installed the bov. Yes i took it apart so you can see install

this is what im talking about i made the straight hose on the bottom out of a radaitor hose. not as thick as the silicone hose that came with the injen system. could i be getting a leak from that . i have it pushed all the way down and clamped on top and bottom. now my car did not drop in rpms until i did this full intall of the pipes intake and a new mishimoto radaitor and yes everything is completely tight.

what do you think if so i order a samco straight hose tonight. not a problem
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

[/URL][/IMG]

When its all together it looks like this all suited and booted. ill replug in the maf sensor again but i think maybe its that bottom hose i made since is not as thick as the top injen hose as you can see in the above pics
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:03 PM

I should also mention that i am getting a little bit of BOV flutter, I am running the stock plastic BOV
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dorian7
I should also mention that i am getting a little bit of BOV flutter, I am running the stock plastic BOV
you have the bov on backwards?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:15 PM

I haven't touched it but I suppose the person who had it before me could have, how do you know if it is on right?

Quick Reply: Car is satalling + Weird vibrating noise from driversside. Please Help!