Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What is a modded Evo worth?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is a modded Evo worth?

Times are getting a little tough & I may need to sell the Evo soon. I was wondering if anybody knows what a modded Evo is worth. If I decide to sell it I plan to try to sell it as is first & if I can't then I'll put it back to stock to sell it. I'm guessing I wont get much more than I would if it was stock so maybe I should just strip it & sell it & the parts separately. What do you guys think I should ask for it? I know there is no exact science to this. I'm just looking for ideas. Most of the mods are in my sig & it has about 23k on it. TIA.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
a stock evo will almost always be worth more than a modded one to the average buyer...depends what the buyer is looking for
Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

I think you could get $23k for it.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:59 PM
Account Disabled

Mods do not increase value if anything they decrease it due to modding it wrong to the intended buyer's want's and/or extra wear on the car.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The economy is drastically affecting the price of modded cars.
Look in my sig. and youll see my car is an 04 with just over 50,000 miles on the clock....and a build that cost $25,000 in parts, labor, tune, etc. The nada blue book is roughly 21k......so your talking about a car that would cost 46k to reproduce today.....and yet I have continually had offers for 24-25k. Its ludicrous what happens in a bad economy. So my return investment on 25 thousand dollars should be 3 thousand. People are crazy.

Thats why my car is still my garage queen for the time being. You are correct about parting out and going back to stock...it is probably your best bet.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

If you still have stock parts, then you can take bolt-ons off yourself, and sell it separately and get some money there..
Old Dec 7, 2008, 06:07 PM
Account Disabled

sell your parts for sure.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
blue book, if in good condition. maybe you can convince some guy to pay more. (sucker). you're s.o.l. for the mods. sorry. you can put a higher price, then bargain down from that if you're serious about getting some mod money back. or like everyone else says, part out.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

I figured it wouldn't be worth any more with the mods unless someone wanted it just the way it is. I sold most of the stock parts so I'll most likely have to work out some sort of trade when I swap or buy stock parts first. I love the car & it's killing me to sell it, but I think it's the right choice for now. Chances are I'll buy another IX in a year or so if things turn arround because i'll miss it & I havent run across anything in the same price range as the Evo that I like. Not a big fan of the X so I hope when the time comes I can find a IX in good shape.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok let me know about the stock parts lol i just got my evo STOCK in july evo 8. i have stock intercooler pipping air intake intercooler exhaust system cat and some other stock parts
Old Dec 7, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

^ Will do. I still haven't made up my mind for sure. I think I will need to sell it, but if can keep it I will.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

I know i may not be what you want to hear but without a doubt you'll get more for the car and/or parts if you go back to stock as much as possible.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
The economy is drastically affecting the price of modded cars.
Look in my sig. and youll see my car is an 04 with just over 50,000 miles on the clock....and a build that cost $25,000 in parts, labor, tune, etc. The nada blue book is roughly 21k......so your talking about a car that would cost 46k to reproduce today.....and yet I have continually had offers for 24-25k. Its ludicrous what happens in a bad economy. So my return investment on 25 thousand dollars should be 3 thousand. People are crazy.

Thats why my car is still my garage queen for the time being. You are correct about parting out and going back to stock...it is probably your best bet.
WORD

I ALMOST took a check for 28K which I guess was a good offer

Thank god I changed my mind at the last second and parked my evo..
Old Dec 8, 2008, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

or just look for some 17 year old that just got their license..that probably wants it already done just to show off..cause u know damn well hes gonna say he did it all
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

I agree I stock evo is worth more unless the modded evo is done right. You will make way more money if you can put it back to stock.

Quick Reply: What is a modded Evo worth?