Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Explanation of front bumpers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06WWMR
It did say evolution MR on the back... and I know that doesnt necessarily make it a IX. I know it my fault and thanks for everyone who bashed on me for asking an honest question... I'm not an idiot, just needed a direction. As for everyone who helped, thanks. Yes I'm sure its a IX because the vin has it as an 06. Yes I know I got shafted, and I didn't do full research on it before hand. As for pictures my avatar has one but I will take more and show you what I mean exactly. I don't know exactly what happened but I will eventually be replacing it with something else... Any suggestions
My personal favorite is the Voltex, although that probably has more to do with function than looks. As far as your car, other items you may want to check are the engine and the turbo. The engine should be the Mivec engine (it will say Mivec on the valve cover). It may be a bit harder for you to verify if you have an VIII or IX turbo, but if you search for pictures comparing them you may be able to verify which you have. It's unlikely that someone swapped the engine out as that would require swapping ECUs, wire harnesses, and is a ton of work. Swapping the turbo out is a couple hours of work and is worth ~15whp so someone may have done that if they took the time to swap front bumpers.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

i agree if you want a new bumper go voltex or jdm evo ix front bumper also chagespeed has nice ones just do some research.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSM2EVO
i agree if you want a new bumper go voltex or jdm evo ix front bumper also chagespeed has nice ones just do some research.

whats the difference in the jdm evo 9 front???
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

does your engine valve cover say MIVEC?
Old Dec 11, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes I do have the Mivec Cover with cams. Thanks for the suggestions on front bumpers... I'm going to be looking these up.