Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Explanation of front bumpers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Explanation of front bumpers

Ok so I tried searching midly and couldn't find anything off hand. What I want to know is, what determines what front bumper you have on evo VIII's and IX's? I have a 2006 IX WW MR and I have the front bumper with the triangle seperation piece in the middle of the upper opening in the bumper where the goes. I have seen ones where the whole top part is open and the is on the mesh of the grill. What determines which bumper you get? I like the front bumper that I don't have better... figures. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have an Evo VIII front bumper. Did you buy the car used? Are you sure it is a IX?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:19 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It sounds like you have an Evo VIII front clip. The one you prefer is what your car should have had to begin with.

Edit: ^^^ beat me to it. :-)
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

You have IX MR w/ an VIII bumper??......OUCH that sucks man.

- Problem with buying used is before one is traded in all the firends get together and swap parts they want and you get the shaft.

Are you sure you have a IX MR btw.....sorry u seem noobish with this kind of question so maybe you have an 05?

What do your seats look like blue or black? and does your Valve cover say "Mivec"
Old Dec 8, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Lol Yeah sorry for the newb *** question.... as I know it was horrible but I couldnt figure it out. It is an 06 it has the black recaros and its a 6 speed. I dont really doubt thats what happened to be honest, the guy who had the car before me, im not a big fan of. I don't know who it is cuz I got it from a used car dealership. But, he didnt treat the evo very nice. Just gotta see what I can do from here I guess :|.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
what wheels do you have?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06WWMR
Lol Yeah sorry for the newb *** question.... as I know it was horrible but I couldnt figure it out. It is an 06 it has the black recaros and its a 6 speed. I dont really doubt thats what happened to be honest, the guy who had the car before me, im not a big fan of. I don't know who it is cuz I got it from a used car dealership. But, he didnt treat the evo very nice. Just gotta see what I can do from here I guess :|.
bummer man. Should've done your research ahead of time.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, that sucks for you dude! I'm guessing the car was in a front-end collision and the shop used the cheapest parts they could fine to patch it back together. Also, the 6-speed doesn't make in a IX, it just means its an MR so it could be a '05 VIII or '06 IX. Run to VIN on Carfax and see what that tells you. Post pics of your car so we can verify all the others parts on the car are in fact IX parts.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
his avatar has a pic

you got shafted man sorry to say but it's your own fault
Old Dec 8, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Buying a Used Car

Step 1 - Check to see if the car is open. If it's open go to step 2. If locked, find salesman, get keys, then proceed to step 2.

Step 2 - Ignore all attempts at contact from the salesman. Tell him/her to shove off.

Step 3 - Check every body panel for the OEM original sticker from the factory.

There are dozens of other steps including Step 17 - Leave the sales lot and Step 23 - Ignore any comment from the salesman regarding their inability to come down on the price or Step 32 - **** off the sales staff and do a compression test right in the sales lot, but you get the idea.

Sucks you got a bum front end though. If it's any consolation I have an Evo VIII with a IX front end so we can offset each other in the karma department.

/brox.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

well you say its a IX MR and it has a evo VIII front bumper.
So ether you where lied to on it being a IX or your car was in some sort of accident and they went the CHEAPER way out and got a VIII bumper instead of the IX. Pics of your car would help us tell and does it say VIII or IX on the back.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:59 AM
BBS
Evolved Member

Caveat emptor
Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

^ thruth

/thread
Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

It did say evolution MR on the back... and I know that doesnt necessarily make it a IX. I know it my fault and thanks for everyone who bashed on me for asking an honest question... I'm not an idiot, just needed a direction. As for everyone who helped, thanks. Yes I'm sure its a IX because the vin has it as an 06. Yes I know I got shafted, and I didn't do full research on it before hand. As for pictures my avatar has one but I will take more and show you what I mean exactly. I don't know exactly what happened but I will eventually be replacing it with something else... Any suggestions