Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

is she totaled?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get some good tires if you plan on driving it in the winter, or just store it like I do mine.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan628
get some good tires if you plan on driving it in the winter, or just store it like I do mine.
Store it?!? what fun would that be?!

I see you're in Sycamore. You ever make it out to any of the local meets/events?
Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:25 PM
Account Disabled

I agree with Jake, it's irresponsible owners with Evos who give the rest of us bad names. I've walked into dealerships only to have dealers say that I am not able to handle that type of car or control it. Why do cops take asecond look at us when we pass, why is it that every cop assumes we are street racers? It is because a few morons got their hands on the infamous evo.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derekste
Store it?!? what fun would that be?!

I see you're in Sycamore. You ever make it out to any of the local meets/events?

The fun would be that it wouldnt get wrecked and it would there in the spring. I haven't made it to any meets yet, but hopefully next year....
Old Dec 9, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
probably totaled of it wont run or drive IMO. ive wrecked mine 3 times very severely. 80mph highway wall, 100 down to 60 mph neighborhood tree, 70 mph dirt hill. each accident was borderline total costs, and thats with no drivetrain or engine damage. the car would drive all three times while wrecked as well.
people like you dont deserve to drive cars like the evo.. you would be better of in a camry or f150 lmao.. but seriously sell your car to someone who will respect it
Old Dec 9, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh and sry about your evo man.. glw a new car glad your ok
Old Dec 9, 2008, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

tis the season..
Old Dec 9, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whitedsm97
yea it is dangerous in the snow at high speeds
Are you kidding? Put some snow tires on the Evo and its damn near unstoppable. Go find a place (off the streets) to see what it can do. In Colorado we have a great facility in Steamboat Springs called the Bridgestone Winter Driving School where you can put your car thru its paces. I'm a part-time instructor there as well.

www.winterdrive.com

To the OP, sorry to hear about your car, but at least Evos are easy to replace...you, not so much. Hopefully your insurance company treats you well.

Dave
Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Totaled, sorry man. You should be able to get a decent amount from insurance though. They give you retail price, not trade in price. So you'll end up with more money this way, if you were looking to sell it but I doubt you were =/ I just got my check for totaling out my old car (deer ran onto highway when I was going 55 and both airbags went). Try to haggle for more money and they will also give you a percent above for your sales tax on new car. Should be able to maybe get an 05+ from private party and come out even if you didn't have a lot of mods.