Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Look at what i found on EBAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2003, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet that is Ramana Lageman's TME. He is a factory driver for Subaru rally in the US. He lives in the northeast and I know that he had a LHD TME for sale. I talked to him about it a while back, but he was wanting $45K back then. He did say that it same with a lot of extras though. I couldn't get a cash loan for $45K back then, so I had to pass. He told me that he had it imported and then switched to Subaru and felt funny about owning a TME still. Very nice guy.

Last edited by instigator; Sep 10, 2003 at 05:58 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

That car, unfortunatly, will never be legal.....like the rest of the EVO's EI is trying to sell.
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

That car doesn't appear to have any extras on it, besides the nasty ghetto decals on the windsheild and rear window.

Also, it is shown with a tag, but I am aware that anyone can put any tag on just about any car to make it appear legal.
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:13 AM
Account Disabled

Just a question....if it's from EI and it's not legal....why are there michigan plates on it?
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:15 AM

Drooling
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:19 AM

Anyone can put a plate on a car... now if its a legal plate that's a whole nother matter.
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

UNLESS it IS a Mirage conversion....that's the only way it can be legal.
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well.. its easier to register an older car, but it doesnt make it Legal.. Anyone also notice that there's no VIN# listed? Even if the car was grey market it would have a euro/jp VIN# of some form. Plus Evolution Imports is selling the car. If ANYONE is that interested, get all the info on the car. I was never aware of any LHD versions of this particular model so be wary... I think someone mentioned that it could be a Mirage conversion, which is very possible. EI is a legit company, but still be wary because it may still be unlikely that the winner will be able to get the paperwork required to register the car. (not to mention the legalities)
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

"If" it is a Mirage conversion (which I doubt it is), I would still love to have it (assuming it has the complete Evo drivetrain). It would be the best Mirage conversion I have ever seen....
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

If by "Mirage conversion" you mean that someone swapped the vin#'s from a Mirage and put them on this Evo, than you are probably right....it is a conversion.

FLA and Georgia are the 2 easiest states to register a vehicle. But it doesn't make it legal if you manage to get it registered. It just means that you duped the DMV into giving you plates.

If this car ever had an insurance claim, or was ever pulled over by the cops, you can rest assured that you would be found out.

SC~
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
If by "Mirage conversion" you mean that someone swapped the vin#'s from a Mirage and put them on this Evo, than you are probably right....it is a conversion.

FLA and Georgia are the 2 easiest states to register a vehicle. But it doesn't make it legal if you manage to get it registered. It just means that you duped the DMV into giving you plates.

If this car ever had an insurance claim, or was ever pulled over by the cops, you can rest assured that you would be found out.

SC~
If it's a conversion, why the 4g63 engine w/ all the JDM stuff in it? Why the Tommi seats? Would probably cost as much or more than a VI to do all that stuff to a Mirage.
Old Sep 10, 2003, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Fireball, you didn't quite get what I said...I don't think so at least.

I said they likely just did a VIN swap...ie tear the vin tags off a crashed Mirage they bought at auction and place them onto the Evo. Then take the Evo to the DMV and tell them it's a Mirage....and when the DMV does the VIN check, it'll come up as a totalled Mirage that will need a 'reconstructed/salvage" title.

SC~
Old Sep 10, 2003, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TwiNpnOy84
How is that legal? I mean street legal? EI cant even legalize the Evo VII.

What he said!!!!
Old Sep 10, 2003, 08:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
Fireball, you didn't quite get what I said...I don't think so at least.

I said they likely just did a VIN swap...ie tear the vin tags off a crashed Mirage they bought at auction and place them onto the Evo. Then take the Evo to the DMV and tell them it's a Mirage....and when the DMV does the VIN check, it'll come up as a totalled Mirage that will need a 'reconstructed/salvage" title.

SC~
Ahh, possible I guess... though highly illegal.

I just would say, from the look of the engine bay, it is definitely not originally a Mirage.
Old Sep 10, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No VIN numbers listed = Not Legal.

If it were legal, it would have the VIN listed.

Quick Reply: Look at what i found on EBAY!!!