Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Received a Citation this Morning

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't rev or ride the gas I just coast down to the stop sign ( the area has a down slope) in neutral and make a left then an immediate right and I am out of the neighborhood. Even driving down the backroad I still keep the RPMs low until the Evo warms up.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
lol your funny L I Pinky. what is having a conversation going to do. its gonna solve nothing. Kind of obvious that this person is annoyed that at 4 in the morning they hear this loud rumbling sound and it disturbs there sleep. some people are light sleepers Well guess what they have rights too just like you. you can talk with them and all thats gonna do is start a fight of im trying to sleep talk so you can forget that ideal. they might take it as you being hostile. Besides you want to try and keep the peace as much as possible. Remember he has to live with these people everyday. Yes there is compromise they do have to understand you work early which is true we all work at differnt times BUT if enough people complain NOT JUST ONE PERSON NOW. the police will be out there. your acting like he is the only one. Now yes we dont know all the details he could be reving his engine or could be riding the gas. who knows point is if the cops are in your business you need to play it cool. Unless you want to again stand on princple and be all you can be. then be my guest but dont go posting threads of having to pay for this and that and evo impounded etc.
I disagree.

I think if he can calmly approach this person, and ask them what exactly is bothering them. Tell them you want to be accommodating, and you want to find a mutual solution to the problem. Pretending it didn't happen is definitely not going to fix anything.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dave_evolvix
I disagree.

I think if he can calmly approach this person, and ask them what exactly is bothering them. Tell them you want to be accommodating, and you want to find a mutual solution to the problem. Pretending it didn't happen is definitely not going to fix anything.

Ok you did not understand what i am saying yes you can attempt to talk with them in a calm manner but you never know there state of mind they could be feed up with him etc. We have all been there. Who said anything about Pretending it did not happen. Giving him solutions to his problem in earlier post if you read. Again it could be more than one person whats he gonna do call a neighborhood meeting lol. I guess you could if you wanted either way you said earlier you might have a silencer if you do use it just for the morning is all im saying or Maybe thinkg about changing exhaust setup alittle. If not you risk the chance of actually getting a ticket and noise tickets add up. Now who knows he might have the luck of the irish lol
Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Could go either way. The complainant may be the type that wants it his way with no compromises. If you have a conversation just remember to just walk away if the person lacks adult reasoning skills. No use arguing and risk getting labled as hostile. Maybe, afterward you could just follow up with a nicely worded note stating that you are sympathetic to the person's complaint and what you current do to reduce being a nuisance to your neighbors (not just the complainant). Maybe offer to purchase the complainant an inexpensive white noise generation machine. If nothing comes of this, at least you have a record of being a nice guy who is willing to compromise. Really it's not your fault you have to wake up early and it doesn't seem excessive if you are not sitting in the driveway waiting for your car to warm up.

Originally Posted by dave_evolvix
I disagree.

Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:31 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey - if you do end up changing your exhaust, I have the exact same set-up as you (Works ceramic DP, Works HFC) but with a Fujitsubo RM-01A (known for being a quiet exhaust). I'd be happy to meet-up with you so you can hear how it sounds if you want (I live in ATX).

But - I agree with the others here... there's something else driving this complaint. Austin police are more relaxed than any other place I've lived (Virginia, SoCal, Arizona)

Good luck,
RedAustinIX
Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:31 AM

After getting the citation and knowing that someone is still complaining and especially that a cop would sit out waiting/baiting for me I'll just continue to go about my business.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:35 AM

Anytime you want to meet up RedAustinIX just let me know.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:37 AM

Thanks for the input everyone. I really appreciate it and will take some of the advices given. I'll keep ya'll posted. Always remember someone will always complain about anything and the cops are always watchin for you to screw up.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

You didn't move far enough south. I run with an open cutout about 90% of the time here in S.A. and have never so much as had anyone give me a second look. I just pulled right next to and parked by a cop at a Sonic not 15 minutes ago, cutout wide open.

/brox
Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

It may be the child in me but I say you have a group of evo's meet at 3 a.m. and
2 step thru your neighborhood for kicks. I would find out who it is and have a nice friendly conversation with him and hand him a set of ear plugs!!!!! neighbors can suck

STevo
Old Dec 9, 2008, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It might be the titanium exhaust. I've heard the Greddy Ti and that thing was LOOOOUD.

I'd just rip it up and just take it easy around your neighborhood
Old Dec 10, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by binarysleep
We don't have a decibel requirement for cars (other than what DOT requires of the manufacturer) in Texas.
I thought it was 85 dB? Even though everyone violates it. I'm gonna put on my Trust titanium catback. 94 dB
Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Does your exhaust have a CARB and EO number on it? If it does then your 100% legal and tell them to **** off. You can dig though this site and find out exactly what your states laws consist of. Sema action network was designed for the automotive industry in general to fight things like this!

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?ID=61865
Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:26 AM

Here is the info my bro picked up from contacting the Pflugerville Police Department

------------------------

I spoke to an officer at the Pflugerville Police Department. He said that if someone can here your car from inside their house and don't like it then it could be a problem. A lot of it is up to personal opinion of what could make a person unhappy. He recommended that you don't drive in low gears around the neighborhood, don't drive by the person's house, and don't let your car idle. He does feel like the neighbor has a problem but there isn't anything he can do. Hopefully, this doesn't escalate and turn into a bigger problem and yes you can get a ticket. The noise ordinance is in effect during the hours of 10pm - 7am.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Wow that sucks! I live in an area with alot of older retired people and I've never had any complaints. It may be b/c they wear hearing aids...