Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Received a Citation this Morning

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by al3xx
I thought it was 85 dB? Even though everyone violates it. I'm gonna put on my Trust titanium catback. 94 dB
This is the state requirement for exhaust (no mention of decibels).

Title 7 - Transportation Code

§ 547.604. MUFFLER REQUIRED. (a) A motor vehicle shall
be equipped with a muffler in good working condition that
continually operates to prevent excessive or unusual noise.
(b) A person may not use a muffler cutout, bypass, or
similar device on a motor vehicle.

I found no requirement in the state inspection area either.

This does not preclude a city ordinance from limiting the decibel levels. They would of course, probably require objective measurement of decibel levels with a calibrated instrument. Of course, not many cops carry these things.

Their might be (federal) DOT standards, but I doubt the FBI is pulling Evo's over any time soon.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolution mr
Here is the info my bro picked up from contacting the Pflugerville Police Department

------------------------

I spoke to an officer at the Pflugerville Police Department. He said that if someone can here your car from inside their house and don't like it then it could be a problem. A lot of it is up to personal opinion of what could make a person unhappy. He recommended that you don't drive in low gears around the neighborhood, don't drive by the person's house, and don't let your car idle. He does feel like the neighbor has a problem but there isn't anything he can do. Hopefully, this doesn't escalate and turn into a bigger problem and yes you can get a ticket. The noise ordinance is in effect during the hours of 10pm - 7am.
Do you have a copy of the ordinance? If it does not say 10pm-7am then the cop is full of it.

Hear a car from inside the house?! Oh man... I hope your brother wore waders, cause he was waist high in it! No (honest) judge in Texas would let the "personal opinion" of the complainant be the deciding factor in court.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:21 AM

Here is the website

http://www.cityofpflugerville.com/index.asp?nid=830