Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So i drove it and didnt like it

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 02:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Import Junky
Wow more powerful? I'm glad you prefer the VIII. I'll take the IX knowing bolton for bolton it's basically a factory cammed VIII.
You're killing me man. It FELT more powerful, the 9's power to me felt alot smoother while the 8 was more of a sudden push. Everyone's different.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kingofmalaka101
i mean top end it was quick but arent those cars supost 2 be quick on both ends
If you thought the top end is faster then you were driving a real POS.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kingofmalaka101
I just test drove the 06 evo mr and wow. i was disapointed.. i felt more power come out of my toyota.. haha
the lag in the turbo wasso bad and it wasnt a race feel it was a luxory feel to smooth for my taste i was very very disapointed.
does any1 no if the evo i drove was just ****ty or sumthin it had only 17000 miles on it. just it wasnt hitting anythinggood..
i mean top end it was quick but arent those cars supost 2 be quick on both ends
fantastic review. you have a way with words, almost shakespearean. have you considered writing for a magazine like C and D? **** write to the BBC when they get a load of you Jeremy Clarkson will be out of a job. I'm glad you hated it because you are way too stupid to even own a car that even a monkey could enjoy. I hope that Toyota is a Supra. Ranger Ford?
Old Dec 9, 2008, 02:57 PM

there isn't much power before 3.5k on the tach. but once your shifting at redline you are never below that on the tach again. Its a different feel then a V6 with turbo. still a fast car just different torque and powerband. Thats why people feel the need to "launch" the evo so they have the torque and turbo on tap from the start. The car is great on track but I don't feel the need to abuse the car by launching it for drag racing.

Last edited by lotoftime; Dec 9, 2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 02:59 PM

maybe the IX you where driving was bone stock ? or maybe you confused a lancer OZ and lancer evo
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JordanS4
fantastic review. you have a way with words, almost shakespearean. have you considered writing for a magazine like C and D? **** write to the BBC when they get a load of you Jeremy Clarkson will be out of a job. I'm glad you hated it because you are way too stupid to even own a car that even a monkey could enjoy. I hope that Toyota is a Supra. Ranger Ford?
LOL
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
To each their own; go buy a domestic V8.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
thedream,im with you,i have owned an 8,9 and now a x.the 8 was the best,i could not stand my evo9 i hated that car.i loved the mivec though.when i bought my evo9 i originally bought the mr se,it felt really really slow,the top end was just dead,i took it back to the dealership,when i was finishing my paper work and got my 9 se it pulled really hard for being stock.the x is just a dog.boy i miss my evo8.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JordanS4
Ha +1. Again unless that toyota is a supra you are talking completely out of your ***... i have a feeling you didn't even test drive one. just wanted to come on here and bash. that is how you have no clue of the car's drivability when you are throwing out things like there was way more top end power it goes to show you have never been behind the wheel of an evo. and if you didn't feel a straight punch to the chest when the turbo kicked in well then... not sure what to say about that other than it's gotta be a driver issue. Do you even know how to drive a stick? maybe that was your problem... had the clutch in half way the whole time and never left first gear... please go troll somewhere else
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

i had the same feeling when i first test drove the evo, but i think i was just nervous, because then i rode with two of my buddies that have a evos.... i was like oh s***!!!.....but i would drive a few others, and then see how it feels
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Whoa everyone's so defensive.
He probably just didn't like the lack of low end torque,
and by top end maybe he meant top end of the rev range?

That being said, I think OP should definitely buy maybe like mustang gt or w/e. Anything with a lot of low end torque. Doesn't matter to me. Anything short of a supercar and I'll be able to smoke it
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:31 PM

I smell a troll.

Stock evo's have crappy top end... I don't know what the OT is saying... to me the car starts out fast and then dies after ~70 mph
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Malaka, is this the first evo you have ever driven? If so maybe you didnt realize a slipping clutch when you were on it since the car does have 17k on it amongst other things that could have easily been over looked by you since your a noob...

Do some research and findout what to look for when you go to drive one, ask questions about mods, previous owner etc and see if the IX you drove is just a dud. When I first got my IX it had a few bolt ons but no tune and the thing was ridiculous quick, got the tune and I was happier than a pig in ****
Evolved Member

Maybe it's a dissapointment if you're comparing to some of your previous cars. If you're gonna compare it to a Modified TT Supra then it's where it's at. Maybe you just had to high of an expectation.

Also, I've heard that in the Evo IX, the acceleration are smother then the VIII do to the MIVEC.
Evolved Member

keep driving your ford and dont ever get an Evo please