Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So i drove it and didnt like it

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kingofmalaka101
sooooooooo
i found out the cars mods been takn out so maybe that has sumthin 2 do with it?
and also you where told it had alot of power and lots of stuff done to it and you where expecting more but what you got was a stock one and it let you down...
Stock feels so slow to some people now. Like when I go from my Evo 8 that has a 35R on it to my Stock Evo 4 it just seems so much slower...
same with going from another friends car to a slower car..
Do drive a few others and see for your self...If you like the car and it just doesnt seem up to par on power and speed for ya then know that they are pretty easy and cheap to get 300+ whp... mostly stock with cams, exhaust, and intake/piping also with a good Ecu tune / flash you can get 350Whp... Thats what makes these cars so nice and fun
Old Dec 9, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its simply cuz he doesnt know how to drive a stick.... he posted not long ago he was learning. my guess? he went WOT in 4th gear going 30 mph and was hoping for power hehe
Old Dec 9, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Owning both a VIII and a IX, I can see your point. I like the 8 better. the mivec made the IX feel to computerized to me. But then again thats my opinion... and like you said everyone is entitled to theirs.

PJ
Originally Posted by TheDream
That's ok, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I wasn't looking for anyone to back me up. Nobody can tell someone that their feelings are off or abnormal. I was making a statement that I felt the 8 was more responsive.

I like the 9, I think it is a great car, wasn't for me though.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mifesto
its simply cuz he doesnt know how to drive a stick.... he posted not long ago he was learning. my guess? he went WOT in 4th gear going 30 mph and was hoping for power hehe
Exactly.... i was terrible at driving stick when I first got my car. I could get around without stalling, but far from a pro and not very smooth. And now that I'm able to actually drive the car half way decently the speed now kicks me in the ***** compared to the speed of the car when I first got it.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

stock evos do feel slow...when i first drove one i was like wow this thing feels slow as *****...

it's deceptive.

then you mod it..and in a month it feels slow again....then you mod it again...then your buddies go 10's...then 9's...and your car is a dog stuck in the 11's...

and so goes the MADNESS!!!!
Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gamebred26
stock evos do feel slow...when i first drove one i was like wow this thing feels slow as *****...

it's deceptive.

then you mod it..and in a month it feels slow again....then you mod it again...then your buddies go 10's...then 9's...and your car is a dog stuck in the 11's...

and so goes the MADNESS!!!!
Depends on what you're used to. A few of my friends have told me that my bone stock EVO 9 MR is the fastest car they've been in. Apparently they don't drive fast cars though. I think its quick as well, but then again I'm not one of the guys trying to break into the 9's either.

Also, regarding the whole EVO 8 VS 9 debate, how come all of the reviews I read say the 9 was made a little faster with a larger turbo and less lag and shorter gearing in the 5-speeds? That seems to be the general consensus from what I've read anyways.

I guess its one thing to actually drive both and form an opinion, but it seems like the reviews suggest the 9 has the slight edge bone stock. As far as which is better or easier to mod, I have no idea because I've only owned mine for 5 days.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

I had a gto before my evo and as soon as I hopped in the evo and started driving... there were two things I immediately noticed:

1) almost as fast as the gto in a straight line
2) stiff suspension and great steering feel

Don't know what the OP wants out of a car because for under 40k, it gets no better than an evo
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by condi
maybe the IX you where driving was bone stock ? or maybe you confused a lancer OZ and lancer evo
true
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Alright, this thread has had enough attention.

It's clearly obvious that this guy drove a car that has been abused, or had all the power mods stripped out of it, without retuning it back to a properly running condition.

Either way, no more needs to be discussed here. Move along...