Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mirror

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mirror

Long story short, i need a new rear view mirror. Does anyone know of any place I can get one besides the dealership or am I gonna have to bend over and take one from the Dealer?
Old Dec 9, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

call a scrap yard. most mirrors will work, as long as it mounts onto the small piece of metal glued to the windshield.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u can check out mitsubishiparts.net, he is a vendor on this site.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Mirrors suck,,,sorry time: Mine randomly fell off twice on hot days, on my old car. Was glueing the new one back on and some random guy decided to talk to me while I'm doing it (first time someone talked to me in the year I lived at that apartment). 25 minutes later I leave. I come back the next day and noticed that while I was talking to that guy I glued it upside down. Oops... If you first don't succeed, swear a lot by trying to get a little medal piece glued to your windshield off.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blast83

Mirrors suck,,,sorry time: Mine randomly fell off twice on hot days, on my old car. Was glueing the new one back on and some random guy decided to talk to me while I'm doing it (first time someone talked to me in the year I lived at that apartment). 25 minutes later I leave. I come back the next day and noticed that while I was talking to that guy I glued it upside down. Oops... If you first don't succeed, swear a lot by trying to get a little medal piece glued to your windshield off.
The first owner of my car did something similar, only up to high and off to the side.

How did you manage to get the metal thing of the windshield without cracking/breaking it?

I have wanted to fix this but was afraid I might end up replacing the glass lol.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kdash106
u can check out mitsubishiparts.net, he is a vendor on this site.
thanks i sent him a message

Originally Posted by CBRicahrd
call a scrap yard. most mirrors will work, as long as it mounts onto the small piece of metal glued to the windshield.
I still have the metal piece and little plastic piece intact all i need is the mirror that slides into the lil black clip
Old Dec 10, 2008, 06:52 AM

Here you go man. I believe this is what you're looking for. Its much cheaper than the screwlership, im sure.

http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/inde...layCatalogid=0
Old Dec 11, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lilredbox
Here you go man. I believe this is what you're looking for. Its much cheaper than the screwlership, im sure.

http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/inde...layCatalogid=0
You are the freakin man!
Old Dec 11, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raistlin
The first owner of my car did something similar, only up to high and off to the side.

How did you manage to get the metal thing of the windshield without cracking/breaking it?

I have wanted to fix this but was afraid I might end up replacing the glass lol.
Was going to PM yopu but I'll post here so everyone can see. The way I got my old one off was just to hook it back up to my mirror (upside down) and just slowly pull on it. I did it on a warm day (85+) so it may or may not be worst now. Don't know if glue sets better in the cold or heat. I didn't see how thick our mirror bases are but my old Sunfire one was pretty beefy with the instar junk and sunk needing to run though it.