Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Turbo question.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Turbo question.

yo yesterday i saw a agurement of the fp red or this bbk turbo(could be spelling it wrong) what are the max outputs of each. do they both install using factory equipment and price. i know how much the red is i went to the companies website for the other turbo and no prices just coming soon. I seen people on here have it already i kind of want to know difference in each max hp output at a safe level ease of install and which one people prefer just curious. also what is the max output/hp the stock evo 8 and 9 turbo can handle. I thought it was just shy of 400 max out.

anyways just wanting some information
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flame on....
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

yes johnny storm lol or was it johnny Quest. lol some information would be nice thanks
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are both stock replacement type turbo's, based on the IX turbo frame. They are both excellent turbo's for their intended uses and boost range and gas used. The BBK is more of a pump gas medium boost (24-29psi) turbo and the FPRed is more of a race gas/meth high boost (29psi+) turbo.

You asked questions about what a stock turbo is capable of but that is subjective to several variables, dyno used, other mods, tune, etc etc. I have a built VIII with a stock turbo that is putting out 334 whp on DTM's low reading Mustang Dyno.

I hope this information is helpful and not misleading in any way. I am sure CBRD or FP will chime in or someone will tell you to use the search feature.

Josh
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CBRD BBK-https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380104

FP RED-https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380134
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

yea i mostly want more information on each yes i know and understand the search feature very well LOL but sometimes its easier just to ask to get the information your looking for. you basically answer most of my question with your response. anything more folks can add will be cool. Im trying to decide on which one to get or if to just stay stock. From what i been reading if im not going to constantly run 30 psi the Red is a waste of my money. the only thing i plan to do is run this evo at the local drag strip and take it to texas to track it some but i want the turbo to have to potential for 500 hp if i decide to go that route. I was set on getting the red then i saw on a thread about this bbk so i wanted more information on this turbo mostly. the website did not really tell me any thing. Still need a price
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here are the links to helpful infos:
fp red
bbk
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
this has been covered before and links + solid answers have been given

closed...