Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need opinion. About to come from an STi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stikiller214
not sti buy the rs and trade u lol but with the mods stock for stock
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedtres
keep the evo for a DD and the sti for a weekend car? wow thats one of the first time ive heard that said before...haha to each there own. gl with the search brotha waiting sucks but you will find one
Yea I know everybody says the same thing but I kinda have an attachment to it Im looking to do a 450 hp build o the evo though.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IGetItPoppin
lol where in the city ur from never seen that sti b4
was that car for sale at one point
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

lol where in the city ur from never seen that sti b4
was that car for sale at one point
Im from the hieghts by 164. The car in my avatar isnt my car though. I have a white one.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

ok so, its an RS... which means weight reduction... NO power, NO ac, NO ABS, NOOOOOOOOOO WINNNGGGGGG... i does have LSD which is a plus... if that is what your looking for DO IT because that is a good price!! if you are looking for more luxury, then the gsr is going to me more in your ballpark!! clean looking car tho, cept for that wing, ha ha
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:44 AM

I looked at this car in person myself a few months ago..it's been for sale for a while, and they keep dropping the price. At the time I looked at it, I believe it was around $18,500 or something, but I don't recall. Its pretty stripped down being the RS of course, but its pretty clean and in decent shape. It would be good for racing and modding for sure...wasn't crazy about the rims and color..I really wanted Rally Red....glad I waited, cuz I got my dream Evo now!! But at
$17K this is still a pretty good deal, just wasn't my cup of tea. (and yes, I NEED power windows..too lazy to roll em down old school) lol
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDL62876
I looked at this car in person myself a few months ago..it's been for sale for a while, and they keep dropping the price. At the time I looked at it, I believe it was around $18,500 or something, but I don't recall. Its pretty stripped down being the RS of course, but its pretty clean and in decent shape. It would be good for racing and modding for sure...wasn't crazy about the rims and color..I really wanted Rally Red....glad I waited, cuz I got my dream Evo now!! But at
$17K this is still a pretty good deal, just wasn't my cup of tea. (and yes, I NEED power windows..too lazy to roll em down old school) lol
I need the windows too haha
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Ive seen that exact car a few times online, and have had some interest in it. Be careful tho. I went a test drove an 05 about 2 weeks ago at a small dealership. I loved the car right of the bat. I drove it and the car had a bad TC whine. The dealership said it was "normal". Just make sure you go through everything before you buy an evo
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Corey@ECS
Ive seen that exact car a few times online, and have had some interest in it. Be careful tho. I went a test drove an 05 about 2 weeks ago at a small dealership. I loved the car right of the bat. I drove it and the car had a bad TC whine. The dealership said it was "normal". Just make sure you go through everything before you buy an evo
Thanks for the heads up. I pretty much know what to look out for with the car but the search is still on. lol
Old Dec 10, 2008, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I pretty much know what to look out for with the car but the search is still on. lol
Yeah, my recommendation is to really shop around. With these cars, being high performance, coupled with the risk factor of the previous owner beating the s**t out of it, and someone doing poorly done mods, you certaintly don't want a money pit. These cars run great when there in top notch shape, but these cars can become very expensive to fix, especially if its becoming a routine occurrence. Definitely keep shopping around. Trust me the right one will come along..and so will the right deal, just as I recently found last week!! With this economy right now, these cars will become more attainable for people who can afford them, and I'm starting to see prices drop a bit, just because dealers are hungry for a sale. I'd also suggest private sellers as well...I have come across some good deals from time to time from them. Again, just got to be cautious and patient .

Good luck with the continued search!
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think u should keep it the way is the 04 rs is a light car if u thinking about racing it
that is a good price i think and for a daily driver. all u have to do is boy a fp red and have a 500whp beast
your very misinfomed...
people are making that power on a fp red with a BUILT MOTOR and all supporting mods... not just bolting a red in and bam 500whp. dont go giving people false information

anyway, id keep looking
Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:09 PM

look for another one 17k seems like alot
Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

FYI, you may not want an RS for a DD. Much louder, less creature comforts. From what I hear sti's are like a luxury ride compared to a raw feel of an Evo

You'll probably dd the subi and build the evo Lol.

Check out our private for sale section
Old Dec 11, 2008, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

I actually found an 06 gsr in black picking it up today or tomorrow. thanks for the help though.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

I actually found an 06 gsr in black picking it up today or tomorrow. thanks for the help though.
man... an evo and an sti.. i wish I was you.

Quick Reply: Need opinion. About to come from an STi