Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buying an Evo.. Just a little help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Its an RS. Someone added the power stuff. Just POP the hood and you'll knopw right away. RS no abs
Old Dec 11, 2008, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, should I jump the gun or keep looking? I want a daily driver and I don't know if a RS will be suited for me. But the dealer is willing to make awesome deal if I do. But something tells me I should wait. HELP!
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1d10t
Previous owner added those power accessories. All of the wiring already exists. If you like the way it drives, what are you waiting for?
yea...thats what i thought too...and the black door handles and mirrors like Raif said come only on the RS...iono about factory options for the power accessories though

definitely an RS
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChrisBond1
So, should I jump the gun or keep looking? I want a daily driver and I don't know if a RS will be suited for me. But the dealer is willing to make awesome deal if I do. But something tells me I should wait. HELP!
and you should wait...trust me...u dont want a headache lemon.....
Old Dec 12, 2008, 06:27 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Raif
when you buy a new RS A/C and power windows are options.
Huh?

AC was stock on all USDM RS'.
Power windows/doors were never offered as options on USDM RS'.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 06:31 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisBond1
None of us can possibly know whether the RS is right for you or not. It's something that you need to decide for yourself. FWIW, I had a RS and I loved it to death. Sometimes I wish I'd bought another instead of a SE. It's even more raw and direct than the GSR/MR. If that's something that appeals to you, then the RS may be the right car. If not....
Old Dec 12, 2008, 06:41 AM

It is an rs if it has the black unpainted doorhandles black mirrors and a stripped out trunk i have one anyone can power door locks etc. The RS is an awesome car i recommend it any doubts ask esevo the baddest evo rs in our parts or just check out the badbish. Happy evo buying
Old Dec 12, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Looks nice and $20K for an 05' RS with 37,000 miles is awesome. I would cop that in a heart beat.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 07:12 AM

The chances you find a used evo with nothing wrong is slim to none sorry
Old Dec 12, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Get a black GSR!
Old Dec 12, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

buying anything used is tough to begin with........so if you don't feel 100% secure in your purchase I would pass on this car.

In this economy you can find deals everywhere if your willing to drive out of state.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:13 PM

if i could go back and buy an rs i would... especially since my abs doesnt work which sucks in winter
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

FWIW, Darius at AMS is selling his EB IX, and the girlfriend of another AMS employee(Ian) is trying to sell her TB 03 VIII.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...#ht_500wt_1371
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_812wt_1350

I'd be all over that EB IX if I didn't already have one If you buy either of these cars, you should let them know Derek referred you :P

Last edited by derekste; Dec 12, 2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 01:08 PM
jaz

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
buying anything used is tough to begin with........so if you don't feel 100% secure in your purchase I would pass on this car.

In this economy you can find deals everywhere if your willing to drive out of state.
Yes, there are good deals everywhere. Michigan isn't so far away from you and I know of at least 4 Evo's for sale in the Detroit area, mine included, all with a known and reputable history, some stock and some modified.

The exhaust isn't stock...you should be checking around the car carefully, especially underhood, to see if the previous owner had any other mods (which may now be removed). Look for evidence of bolts being removed, boost controllers, etc. The dealer isn't going to help you with the history of the car, so unless some other forum members know this vehicle specifically, you're going to have to play detective yourself.

Seems like you are being cautious and doing your homework first, just be patient and I'm sure you'll find a great Evo.

----------------------------------------------------------
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ex-silver.html

Last edited by jaz; Dec 12, 2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 04:29 PM

if you ever have doubts i wouldn't buy it unless it's coming from someone reputable, i.e an evoM member
andd yeah those door panels came from an rs, and i was looking for a while before i found my TB VIII, good deals take a while to find. and yeah if you can't even tell what trim it is,..........lol and it doesn't help noone there knows anything

Quick Reply: Buying an Evo.. Just a little help