Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buying an Evo.. Just a little help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buying an Evo.. Just a little help

I've been researching and searching for an evo for about 6 months. Tried numerous of them and each of them had something terribly wrong with them. Found this 05 "RS" which I believe isn't because it had power windows and AC and all that. I test drove it today and I liked it but clutch was sort of hard everything else seemed fine until I dealt with the saler and he didn't seem to know what year it was or what model and just discouraged me. So anyone can help me with one? I like it just need to know some history and anyone in the Chicago area know about this "RS"?

link: http://www.autobarnnissan.com/detail...s-3526091.html

thanks
Old Dec 10, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

****, if he's that bad, id play it off like its a regular lancer, and buy it , 37k is not much for an 05, its a pretty hardcore trim if your wanting a DD
Old Dec 10, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought in 05 the RSs got the power windows and AC...
Old Dec 10, 2008, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

I thought RS's didn't come with power windows or power locks.....i knew they came with AC though
Old Dec 10, 2008, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

it had power windows and power doors, it was weird. and only mods it had was boost gauge and an apexi exhaust.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Previous owner added those power accessories. All of the wiring already exists. If you like the way it drives, what are you waiting for?
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChrisBond1
I've been researching and searching for an evo for about 6 months. Tried numerous of them and each of them had something terribly wrong with them. Found this 05 "RS" which I believe isn't because it had power windows and AC and all that. I test drove it today and I liked it but clutch was sort of hard everything else seemed fine until I dealt with the saler and he didn't seem to know what year it was or what model and just discouraged me. So anyone can help me with one? I like it just need to know some history and anyone in the Chicago area know about this "RS"?

link: http://www.autobarnnissan.com/detail...s-3526091.html

thanks
i test drove that exact car about a year ago. (now i have a ww 04 rs) i'm guessing it's an RS with power windows. either the previous owner had it installed or something. the car has black side mirrors and door handles and i dont think any GSR/MR owner in their right mind would paint them black

btw, RS does have stock AC. do u live near that dealership? i live about 5 mins away.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

its an RS. the black door handles and mirrors give it away. when you buy a new RS A/C and power windows are options.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:42 PM

I was actually looking at that one as well, but it was a bit too far from me. I ended up getting a TB 04 VIII, anyways. So after visiting half a dozen evos I met a nice guy at a Mitsu dealer in Cleveland he told me the following:

Vehicles that started in the south may have a salvage title, by moving them through a northern state they can wash the salvage title. In effect, selling a crap evo with no warnings. I'll mention this in a moment.

Take the VIN number to your local Mitsu dealer's service center. (Go there, not call if you call they probably wont do sh**) Ask for a "superscreen" of the car. It will show anything done via warranty (and specifically what), or if the vehicle has been inspected prior, a note of it (removed cat, leaking transfer case etc.) But where the super screen really helps, it tells you what states it has been in, as well as if it has had a salvage title. These are things ****Carfax will not display****

Below is a copy of the super screen on my newly purchased evo. Mine was a 1 owner vehicle, and was located in the Illinois area the whole time.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

wow. thanks. i didnt know the rs could have those options. and yes stock AC. and i live about 10-15 mins away in rogers park. or technically evanston. lol

anyway ill check the vin with a dealer. because at first, they couldnt even pull up a carfax, then finally when were about to leave he got it but then he wouldnt let me the carfax so something seems fishy to me.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

its an RS for the fact that the center consol doesn't have a cover over it
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iota
i test drove that exact car about a year ago. (now i have a ww 04 rs) i'm guessing it's an RS with power windows. either the previous owner had it installed or something. the car has black side mirrors and door handles and i dont think any GSR/MR owner in their right mind would paint them black

btw, RS does have stock AC. do u live near that dealership? i live about 5 mins away.
Are you kidding? I would love to have black door handles but I am not going to pay nearly $300 for a set of four.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

^ black door handles look cheap to me. i'm gonna have my black door handles painted to match my body soon. $300? i got a quote for $200.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 01:14 AM

Just buy one. You'll break it anyways. Trust me.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

you can see that those door panels are from evo that had leather trim so owner must of install those!

Quick Reply: Buying an Evo.. Just a little help