Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any upgrades that won't void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2008, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veilside prius
i bet they have a nice big jar of vaseline behind the counter
It's usually extra for lube jobs. *don't ask me how I know*
Old Dec 11, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i found out that if u dont replace the brake pads with the oem brembo pads from them and you replace it with aftermarkets and you take your car in cause the brakes are messing up for anyreason and...the find out that u dont have oem breaks your calipers wont be covered and the warrantys voided lol...gayness!

Last edited by MattyBoyMR; Dec 11, 2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

when i was a mechanic at infiniti we waranty everything so the customer was happy i remmeber a guy put a turbo kit on a g35 and his motos blew up and we still waranty the engine clutch and tranny...its all who and where you go to.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Depends on who you go to....My dealer in Socal is pretty cool...as long as you don't crack open the block you should be cool. Cat backs should be ok because it doesn't modify the emissions system
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
again i agree with some people here the only SAFE mods you can do unless your dealer is cool would be exterior mods and probaly a exhaust system(with Cat in place). But keep in mind your dealer that is cool can suddenly be uncool and start voiding warranty at will. my dealer has mixed opinions on things they say hey your have a exhaust with no cat you need to have a cat on next time. Hint Hint. Some of us dont have a friendly cool dealer. I say if your concerned about Warranty one you should not buy a evo for fear of getting the modding bug. Or keep it stock until warranty is over. I mean seriously the only time folks really use warranty is for major thing that could break tranny turbo head etc. You dont buy a track/street racing car for warranty. you gonna change parts out anyways. And in my experience i dont know about others when i had my warranty nothing happened its only after the period is over stuff starts breaking LOL.

DO THE SMART THING AND JUST KEEP IT STOCK UNTIL NO MORE WARRANTY.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

hta35r
Old Dec 12, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryda
Hey, what was you car doing when your cat was going out?
My car is completely stock. I was driving one day and the Check Engine Light came on. I brought it to the dealership here in Danvers, Massachusetts (really cool guys). They diagnosed the EVO and said it was the CAT. He simply said come back in a couple of days. The CAT was supposedly 7-800 bucks!?!?!!!!!!

But lucky me, it was all under WARRANTY.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Trail Slide
i dont care what you guys say, if you have mods and you blow your transfer case ETC they arent going to replace anything!
+1, have had to deal with that.

I was told catback, intake. anything else is a big fat void. that is pretty much the exact wording from the dealer too lol
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

i say put anything you want in it and keep the stock stuff. if anything goes wrong you have to put it back to stock but its still worth it!
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ROFL, That was a good chuckle. Anything you do will void the warranty. Welcome to the wonderful of Matsubishi!!!
Old Dec 13, 2008, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by huevosrancheros
ROFL, That was a good chuckle. Anything you do will void the warranty. Welcome to the wonderful of Matsubishi!!!
mitsuB*TCHY
Old Dec 13, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evo4life400
i say put anything you want in it and keep the stock stuff. if anything goes wrong you have to put it back to stock but its still worth it!
too bad mitsubishi's incompetent mechanics are experts at looking at the car and seeing that something was taken off. EXPERTS, only thing they are good at.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the car comes with warranty?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Not to be off topic can someone pm if you know any mod friendy delarship in ny-nj or even long island
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
again i agree with some people here the only SAFE mods you can do unless your dealer is cool would be exterior mods and probaly a exhaust system(with Cat in place). But keep in mind your dealer that is cool can suddenly be uncool and start voiding warranty at will. my dealer has mixed opinions on things they say hey your have a exhaust with no cat you need to have a cat on next time. Hint Hint. Some of us dont have a friendly cool dealer. I say if your concerned about Warranty one you should not buy a evo for fear of getting the modding bug. Or keep it stock until warranty is over. I mean seriously the only time folks really use warranty is for major thing that could break tranny turbo head etc. You dont buy a track/street racing car for warranty. you gonna change parts out anyways. And in my experience i dont know about others when i had my warranty nothing happened its only after the period is over stuff starts breaking LOL.

DO THE SMART THING AND JUST KEEP IT STOCK UNTIL NO MORE WARRANTY.
LiLRJ55 read what i posted earlier in the week. Like somebody keeps saying IF YOU MESS WITH THE CAR IN ANYWAY THATS NOT STOCK YOU MESS WITH YOUR WARRANTY. ITS THAT SIMPLE

I dont see why people keep trying to get around not voiding your warranty the only true way to avoid that is to not touch the car and leave it the way it is. Lets not play the take a Chance game. Guezzzzz not that hard of a concept. Keep it Stock no problems put one mod on it even a AIR FILTER VOID!!!!!

Quick Reply: Any upgrades that won't void warranty?