Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help putting a price tag on my EVO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help putting a price tag on my EVO.

The day has come where I wish to live debt free... I hate to see the car go but I don't have any other choice. I am however... having a hard time putting a price tag on it.

I would like to figure out a price as is and a price with an evo 9 turbo tuned and ready to go.

The basics:

- 2003 EVO 8

- 70-75,000 miles

- Well maintianed other than what's listed

- The car has no a/c - heater core - blower - etc. I do have most/all of the parts but it would be a little work putting it back together. The car has some other weight items removed but nothing major... no rear wiper is the biggest thing I can think of. It needs a new EGT sensor as well.

- The motor is complete other than no turbo. I sold my FP Green in hopes of getting the red. At worst case I could slap a stock evo9 turbo back on it. Compression holds great across all cylinders.

- The car has slight hail damage on the roof and driver side rear door.

The car ran awesome before the turbo was removed. I got HDTV fever and sold it.

The mods:

*note* The trans and clutch are fresh. They have less than 2000 miles on them.

BR 780cc Injectors / Walbro 255
BR Race FMIC, Pipes, Intake
BR Ported TB/Intake Manifold
BR 3" TBE, Ported/Coated o2, mani, hotside
HKS 264/264 Cams, TP DLI II
Forge DV/MBC, FP WGA
Koyo Radiator / Samco Hoses
Shep Built Transmission (EVO9 1st,5th)
Exedy Twin
PowerFlex Mounts (3)
Brass Linkage Bushings
Kartboy Shifter Base Bushings
StopTech Slotted Rotors / SS Lines
BC Racing Coilovers
Ferodo DS2500 Pads
Enkei RPF1 17x8.5
Nitto 555R 245/45 (plenty of tread left)
VIS CF Hood
Seibon CF Trunk
Status Racing Seat
Blacked Out Headlights
JDM MR Tails / Sidemarkers

*The car will come with a nice STATUS racing seat that's in awesome shape along with all stock seats!* I also have a spare wheel (unpainted) and a lot of stock parts (mostly interior stuff that was removed)

I'm sure I missed some things... I can provide photo's to help you guys help me... This is really hard for me to do much less put a price on the car. It would be some work to make a DD but would be one hell of a car to turn into a track monster!

Help me price this thing pleaseeeeeeee!

Last edited by justchil; Dec 19, 2008 at 05:39 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=
Excellent
$15,775
Good
$14,825
Fair
$13,575

thats is kbb of your car now thats my zip code so give or take from that amount for yours. Now AS you SHOULD KNOW. you will never get the max or close to top dollar for your car with preforamce mods. sorry its not gonna happen you will be better off going back to stock and trying to sell it and sell the mods to recover some money. Since your car cant be a DD in its current state that kind of hurts you alot with this bad econmy nobody needs a track only car. i would not pay more than

17k for this thing but would be looking elsewhere no ac in car and you payed over 5k NO SIR!!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

I know about KBB but this thing is a little different from the average car ratings they have. I'm not expecting top dollar but it is in pretty good shape. Nothing crazy has been done that says this is a track only car... but like I said it would take some work to get the a/c and heater core back in.

I'm not sure what you mean by 5k no sir?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would think he is saying that he would avoid paying over $5k for a car without a/c, in his opinion. The a/c and heater core are amenities that many would want in a DD. You don't have them, so that MAY hurt the resale value of your mildly modded car.

It seems like what you have removed has made this car a leisure vehicle (subsequent vehicle). Probably not a vehicle for the "typical" person looking to get into an evo, IMO.

Last edited by Lilredbox; Dec 19, 2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

is the title still clear?, if so i would guess around 12.5 with a turbo
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:04 AM

16k ~ 17k sounds fair for me. But you have to put in your mind that ecomony is really bad
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Clear title... I have it sitting right beside me... car has never been wrecked.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lilredbox
I would think he is saying that he would avoid paying over $5k for a car without a/c, in his opinion. The a/c and heater core are amenities that many would want in a DD. You don't have them, so that MAY hurt the resale value of your mildly modded car.

It seems like what you have removed has made this car a leisure vehicle (subsequent vehicle). Probably not a vehicle for the "typical" person looking to get into an evo, IMO.

You are correct. the average person looking for a evo will avoid this due to that fact alone. i see the mods but in the summer time in LA we have bad very bad humidity. nobody wants to be pouring sweat while driving or with there Gf. sorry no go Sir!!!!!

Last edited by RockmanX; Dec 19, 2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

That's true but I don't try to hide the fact. So without a turbo (otherwise in order) do you guys think 13,000 is too much/less to ask?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 03:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
personally I think you'd be lucky to get 12k without a turbo and ac

Last edited by chaotichoax; Dec 19, 2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

10-13k would be my guesstimate. Unless you find someone looking to start a race car project in this economy.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

you need to put a turbo in there period. a evo is a evo because of this fact you can buy used evo 8 turbos for 150 and up. do yourself a favor and get a turbo and get the ac fixed. nothing wrong with used parts my friend i just dont want you to not get top dollar for a evo thats all
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

my roommate will have an evo 8 turbo available soon - we're putting on his fp green this coming week sometime. pm me if interested
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockmanX
you need to put a turbo in there period. a evo is a evo because of this fact you can buy used evo 8 turbos for 150 and up. do yourself a favor and get a turbo and get the ac fixed. nothing wrong with used parts my friend i just dont want you to not get top dollar for a evo thats all

This guy is correct...you would be retarded to sell the car as is right now. At least put an viii or ix turbo in so it is driveable....who is going to buy a car they can't drive because you say its running great.

Honestly I don't think the ac/heat thing is a big deal. If your including all the hardware to reinstall it than I think your fine. But the huge factor is make the car driveable.
With turbo and all parts needed for heat and ac I would say 15k to 16k. You probably are better off parting the car out though.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Unless you price that thing at $10k its not going to sell as it sits. It needs at least a turbo and heater at the minimum.