Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Trunk bike rack.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk bike rack.

Has anyone tried one of these on an EVO? I want to carry a bike but dont have the money for a roof rack. Does anyone know if the truck could stand the weight or if it will bend. Any help will help. Thanks a bunch.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 01:02 PM

I wish I could be more help, I tried using one that I already had but was blocked by the wing because it wouldn't extend out far enough.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Every car I've ever had I've had a trunk rack for, and every car has been messed up in some way by the rack no matter how careful you are, so for the EVO I finally broke down and got a roof rack used off someone, and couldn't be happier. Although sometimes I just put my bike in the back seat without wheels and the seat covered by a blanket, just cause it's quicker.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:15 PM
Former Sponsor

the factory tow hook is right in the middle, should be an easy way to attach your bike carrier to that mounting point...ala a reciever mount/bike rack thingy...lol...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

there used to be a yellow evo that had a bike rack with bikes on it i used to always see it. i remember parking by it at target. i think other michigan evo people can back me up on seeing this. it was the weirdest thing seeing an evo with a bike rack but hey i guess it really was a family car lol
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

I never thought about using the hook right in the middle of the car. That is a great idea. Thanks a bunch. Any pictures?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

I have an adjustable bike rack for the trunk. It doesn't weigh much but it blocks my view. So i just throw my bike in the trunk.