Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2006 Evolution limited cabin technology

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Silva,

You can do a few upgrades on a IX, but not many. You won't be able to get heated seats, or remote start, or rain sensing wipers . . . but through the aftermarket you CAN get Defi gauges (that have the startup sequence), a double-din touchscreen headunit with Navi and Bluetooth connectivity, in-cabin adjustable coilovers (Tein w/ EDFC, or Tanabe's w/ TEAS), leather trim or real carbon fiber dash trim, and (I believe) even cruise control. But, as previously stated --- the car wasn't built with luxury in mind, so you'll still have a slightly noisy cabin, a stiff ride, and plenty of attention from fart-can honda wanna-be's.

I'd still recommend an Evo, though. These cars are a BLAST. Seriously.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

suggestions would be SSL package (Sun Sound and Leather), orbital double din kit w/ navigation (if you can find one) and... well thats about it

if not go get an S4, 335xi or any other number of more luxurious/less performance AWD cars out there
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STi's have a more luxury filling if you haven't already drove one..
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Get a X they heard all the complaints and turned it into an imitation bmw.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

get the lexus. an evo just isnt for you.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by def1
all those things u listed would be easy to install.... but your still gonna have a harsh ride, loud road noise, and all the things Ive come to love in performance cars
You are so right on that. I guess I would have to go with the Lexus and maybe save enough to purchase a MR down the road as 2nd ride.

Thanks everyone for your insight, greatly appreciated
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:41 PM

i think of the evo as a 15 k car with a 15 k drivetrain and nothing else and if you wan luxury dont get the evo but if you want great handling and great power and dont care about the inside then evo is perfect
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tsurugi-san
Silva,

You can do a few upgrades on a IX, but not many. You won't be able to get heated seats, or remote start, or rain sensing wipers . . . but through the aftermarket you CAN get Defi gauges (that have the startup sequence), a double-din touchscreen headunit with Navi and Bluetooth connectivity, in-cabin adjustable coilovers (Tein w/ EDFC, or Tanabe's w/ TEAS), leather trim or real carbon fiber dash trim, and (I believe) even cruise control. But, as previously stated --- the car wasn't built with luxury in mind, so you'll still have a slightly noisy cabin, a stiff ride, and plenty of attention from fart-can honda wanna-be's.

Interesting, why can't you install a remote start on the evo? I know you can install a aftermarket engine push button start but i dont know if you can install a remote keyless entry (unlocks when your near the car and allows you to start ignition)...If I have the skills to do it, I would. I be the first to have in cabin tech on par with the lexus ( just close enough ) :P
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by importjake00
STi's have a more luxury filling if you haven't already drove one..
STi's arent bad, I'm just not digging the exterior looks...BTW i read somewhere that the 2006 evo has keyless entry, is this true?
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

you bought the wrong car bro... lol.. The EVO is an econo car built for rallying purposes. The reason why we(consumers) even have a crack at owning one... is that these rally cars need to be production cars to be legitimate entries.
Now, trying to mod the interior to mimic a Lexus? never gonna happen. Lexus/BMW/MB spend alot of money on their cabins to be where they are... its not a quick "fix" Its got fail written all over it... like the Hondas w/ the Louis Vutton headliners and leather interior. Fancy? NOT...

The X is alot closer to what you need... Luxury and Performance? there is a list of other cars that belong in that category. The EVO is definately not included.

Take the EVO for what it is. Raw performance rally car. W/ all its noises, squeaks, and imperfections... but the drivetrain is what this car is all about.

Luxury was never Mitsubishi's goal w/ the EVO... sorry dood...
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

I've never even heard of half of the stuff you mentioned. Get the Lexus!

The STI does have better climate control than the Evo but it's not luxury either.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

in the evo u sacifice luxury for power and in the lexus u sacrifice power for luxury
Old Dec 24, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Just buy an Audi or BMW if you want luxury with some performance sprinkled in.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silva27
STi's arent bad, I'm just not digging the exterior looks...BTW i read somewhere that the 2006 evo has keyless entry, is this true?
by keyless entry u mean the little remote thing that unlocks all the doors for you then yes
Old Dec 24, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurugi-san
Silva,

You are wrong about the remote start. I have had it for 3 months and it works fantastic.

Quick Reply: 2006 Evolution limited cabin technology