Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How Worried Should I Be?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
then dont buy an evo.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Live fast. Die young.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

If you're worried about safety, you are looking at the wrong types of cars. LOL.

Go get a SUV like everyone else. You can't run over a land tank. ROFLMAO.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

Most people who buy Evo's dont plan on crashing lol.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
The OP must of Smoked some *** Ganja
Why worry about crashing or let alone what someone else would do?

He obviously doesn't know about the Law of Attraction, you attract what think about buddy, Have a & don't drive until Sober
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I think he's got a point about the crash test results to an extent but, for something that most likely will never happen and even if it does there to be no guarantees either way (live or die regardless of car) to be the determining factor in if you should buy the car or not is a little ridiculous.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by biggie5252
Live fast. Die young.
Posts like these make us all look stupid. I mean honestly.

I had a crisis like the OP's the week I got my car. The STi's side airbags were tempting but then I remembered that my brother's friend wrapped his WRX around a tree on the passenger side and died, even with the airbags. So I put it out of my mind and went with the Evo.

This thread does kinda make me want to look into trading for a X though. You can't avoid everything, regardless of how fast your car is.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 09:51 AM

Being a responsible, alert driver can save you from a lot of bad situations, but ultimately you are at the mercy of physics. This is true in ANY car. Ultimately you take a pretty massive risk getting in ANY car and driving, so don't drive like an *** and watch yourself. EVO's are fun cars aimed at a specific group of people who just aren't worried that much about crash safety ratings.

Otherwise, be like all the other people who worry about being "safe" in their cars and get a giant SUV. Please remember that if you go this route talk on a cell phone continuously and only once in a while should you obey traffic laws of any kind..

Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
Posts like these make us all look stupid. I mean honestly.
How does it make anyone look stupid? Maybe you took it out of context. I don't mean drive everywhere at 100mph squealing tires through every turn. You can either take a few risks in life and enjoy a little more fun, and maybe live a little shorter. Or you can worry about every possible bad outcome, germs, cancer, etc., base your life on this, exist in a bubble, and live as long as you naturally can. Sounds boring to me.

Maybe it's just me, but the safety rating never even entered my mind when I bought this car.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:12 PM
DsB

haha, im with you brotha. i just wanted to go fast like ricky bobby. if im gonna die it'll be in a blaze of glory. but honestly, just freakin relax and drive safely and aware and getting smoked shouldnt be too much of an issue
Old Apr 29, 2009, 02:54 PM

Where did you get your review at?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by biggie5252
How does it make anyone look stupid? Maybe you took it out of context. I don't mean drive everywhere at 100mph squealing tires through every turn. You can either take a few risks in life and enjoy a little more fun, and maybe live a little shorter. Or you can worry about every possible bad outcome, germs, cancer, etc., base your life on this, exist in a bubble, and live as long as you naturally can. Sounds boring to me.

Maybe it's just me, but the safety rating never even entered my mind when I bought this car.
You're making it out to be like it's all or nothing. Either you have fun and risk dying young or be safe and have no fun. But it's not an either/or issue. There are cars just as fun as the Evo that are probably a lot safer in an accident. Will this make me sell my car? No. I enjoy it too much and in part I do agree with you. But when I have a wife and kids, the "Live fast, die young" argument is going to seem even more stupid to me.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

yeah some guy here in Cincinnati was street racing on the highway in his MR in morning rush hour and wrecked into a guardrail and basically making his EVO look like a pile of sheet metal. He killed himself, and I believe his girlfriend died a week later. After that I knew I wasn't going to get an EVO, and get an STi.

But, about a year later I got an EVO anyway because my fate is in my hands, and not the car's.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:55 AM

drive slow and look both ways before going thru an intersection even if your light is green... you should be able to avoid most side impact accidents that way...
Old May 1, 2009, 11:25 AM
SME
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tryal
drive slow and look both ways before going thru an intersection even if your light is green... you should be able to avoid most side impact accidents that way...
I do this every time I drive, I never trust people to stop at a red light