Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

High HP Evo's, Where do you mount your gauge/s?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What gauges???
Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:06 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I forgot to mention, I have my wideband wired into the ecu (thanks mrfred!) as well, so I can log *everything* I need to from EvoScan. I can focus on driving and just the speedo and tach when tuning, testing & comparing, or just bombing around.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scheides
Gauges != power! Buschur's RS running low 9's has no aftermarket gauges in it!

I had a column-mount single gauge for a while, hated it cause I could not see my CEL.

My friends have 2 and 3-gauge a-pillar pods, and I hate those, they get in your way and are just asking for ricers to race you and cops to harass you.

My buddy rosey (rose0529 on here) made me a 'rosey pod' out of aluminum that I LOVE. I rarely look at it because I have mrfred's direct boost control mod done (GM BCS + JDM MAP sensor), and my aquamist gauge is wired into the ecu for mapswitching. I literally never need to look at the gauges unless I'm bored and wanna see it go up and down/side to side.

You mean to tell us you dont have a gauge that measures the headlight fluid?
I heard from my friend's friend that his brother has an evoM account, and he said that it gives mad horsepowers
Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Defi HUD FTMFW. I loved mine. Can display everything besides boost and air/fuel I think. Oh, and any defis that use the control unit (including the HUD) can record data for an amount of time and then play it back.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:33 PM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by dsmbruno
You mean to tell us you dont have a gauge that measures the headlight fluid?
I heard from my friend's friend that his brother has an evoM account, and he said that it gives mad horsepowers
Ummm, you heard wrong! Only stickers add powa like that man
Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

i dont have 500+hp but i dot have 370+ and i did run 11.8 lol i think its the easiest right on the steering cloumn but i do like it with the radio relocate kit. i find it very easy to see my boost right to the right of my wheel. i have my wideband on the column and my other 3 in where the radio comes stock (boost, water temp, oil psi).....but i was thinking about moving my boost back on the column.

if its a dead seious race car...just put it on top of the stock speedo and tach cluster, on the dash pad.....i dougbt you wont be able to see it lol
Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scheides
Ummm, you heard wrong! Only stickers add powa like that man
Oh yea!! Everyone knows that
Old Jan 9, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
Nobody will give you the perfect anwser.

Over 500whp the car pulls way to hard to be looking all over the place. When I drive I usually try to look at one gauge at wot and also pay attention to rpm's. Look below in my sig....I used the gruppe-s cluster. Its ok but it is hard to look over for more than an instant.

You SHOULD have an air fuel gauge besides your boost gauge...but maybe that is what an aem serial gauge is (all in one?)
I agree .. boost and a/f ratio are very important to see. Also if you are running meth/ alchy injection a gauge or a light of some sort should be in plain sight because it is so crucial to know when the meth is spraying or not. Ive had the defi boost gauge, it was pretty easy to read on top of the dash.. but i switched up to AEM digital boost gauge on the steering wheel column and find the digital even easier.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 02:32 PM
EvoM Moderator

I disagree. A GOOD alky kit (read: aquamist) would feature a failsafe.

Furthermore, tephra v6 will have some pretty slick failsafe options for warning/bad conditions of AFR, boost, knock, etc!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 03:44 PM

Gruppe-S hvac console with 3 defis and radio relocation
Old Jan 9, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

I'd get the aem serial gauge, or some kind of gauge that can record the max and min or each individual gauge...then you could basically mount it wherever you want, even the steering column.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy1065
I'd get the aem serial gauge, or some kind of gauge that can record the max and min or each individual gauge...then you could basically mount it wherever you want, even the steering column.
i currently only have the aem serial gauge, which is great but just want to move it where i can take a glance at it under wot. as for other gauges, ive thought about an oil pressure gauge for safety.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 06:19 PM
Account Disabled

Well here is a couple of pics of what I was talking about. They're crappy Iphone pics but oh well.

Old Jan 9, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Import Junky,
Nice set up! thats the pod i have on my steering column, but never though a 3 gauge set up on the pillar would look that clean!

Some good posts so far, i have the smc alky kit, does anyone make a gauge that can hook up to it like the other kits? it would be really nice to be able to see the indicators since my control unit is in the pocket by the driver's knee.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

You will need to have a boost gauge here soon V.

Mitch

Quick Reply: High HP Evo's, Where do you mount your gauge/s?