Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ATTN all potential B&M short shifter buyersand owners!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN all potential B&M short shifter buyersand owners!

I was searching for the dimensions and length on my adjustable B&M short throw shifter when set to the 45% decreased throw adjustment. I had no luck finding it on the forum with searching. I am attempting to get a comparison versus stock shifter length to order a custom length shifter boot.

I decided to go directly to B&M's website for some info. I did a search, only to find that it was not listed. I found my specific part number for the shifter kit and entered it into the search, again no results found! I also entered the non- adjustable shifter part number and found no results!

I then found their customer support/tech info number and gave it a call. Upon talking to a gentleman, he gave me no satisfaction what so ever and answered none of my concerns in a very short and frank manner. He told me he would not have the dimensions to the stock shifter. I then asked for the short throw dimensions and he said he had no idea and could not help me.

He then added that this item was discontinued and that was the only information he would provide me with. All information for this shifter was gone from their database. I then asked, " what about my lifetime warranty that was supplied with this product?" He responded that it no longer was honered!!!!!

Real nice B&M!!! I thought buying a from a well known company that has been around forever would give you piece of mind and help out its consumers. Instead, I got a blow off from another ignorant customer service representative and an "oh by the way" your product didn't sell well enough so we pulled the plug on production and voided your warranty.

I am done going with the big company and paying extra for their "excellent customer service and standing by their product"

I got the same bad treatment from Injen as well when I had issues/missing parts with one of their products. In their instruction it states,, " congrats! you have just finished installing the best intake on the market for your vehicle!"--- what a joke!

Sorry to go on and on..... Simply stated, buyer be warned!!!!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...o-viii-ix.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...must-have.html

Same as the B&M adjustable except much cheaper