Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Tax return season what to mod ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tax return season what to mod ?

Ok so with it being tax time for us all Im sure a lot of us will be buying new mods to put on our cars. Well thats what Im doing anyway. I was looking for a some opinions on what I should buy next ?

I have all the mods listed below::

HKS : 272 Cams Intake and Exhaust
Hi Power Anniv. Ed Exhaust Turbo Back
Suction Intake
EVC (just motor and box no monitor)

Buschur: Evo 9 Turbo Ported
o2 Housing
Lower Intercooler Pipe

Custom Upper Intercooler Pipe
Synapse Sychronic Diverter
PTE 680 Injectors
ACT HDSS Clutch and Pro-lite Flywheel
AMS S.S. Full Clutch Line
Blox Front Engine Mount
4" XS Power (Ebay) Frount Mount
3" Test Pipe
-6 an S.S. Fuel lines
JDM 3 Bar Map Sensor
Innovative WB and DB Gauge

I will be spending around 2k in about a week and just looking where people think I should go with that money wisely. I was honestly thinking about getting a red and then in a few more weeks Ill have some more money to buy a complete ferrea valve spring and retainer combo.

What do you guys think ?

Last edited by Evo8Emperor; Jan 18, 2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how about a larger fmic, and boost controler, and a new flash
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

I edited the above to add that i do have a boost controller the hks evc but its just to motor and control box no monitor also jdm map sensor and innovative wb and db gauge. Also to add the car was dyno'd and has a ecu flash tune. The numbers it put down arent really accurate anymore because its a different tune then when it was on the dyno.

It put down 330 whp/290 trq on a dyno dynamics dyno at Swift Motorsports. After that though I had it retuned by a friend here on evom by the name Jack of Trades. Im sure a few of you know him. After that the car pulled so much better. On the dyno power was falling off bad after 5k. So when we tuned it on the street we just started over and with just the timing he was able to make it pull to redline and much faster. Still have yet to tune the afr seeing my laptop **** the bed but I run usually 23-24 psi (measured with jdm map) and rich afr at the moment.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

go for a gt35r, sell they ebay fount mout and get a buschur or ets. congrats on the extra money. i think i might be oweing more...sweet
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

edit
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
35r is more then 2k unless you get it used or a different company brand. I say get a new turbo now while you have the money. nothing wrong with the red. Get the red or get the headwork done?? what about exterior body kit VG rims hood trunk wing etc just curious im mixing it it or rather i already have all that stuff. have not even filed yet so when i do i might get something but i already got all major parts just need head work which im working on. then i can install all this stuff yea
Old Jan 18, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

I dunno I havent really invested a lot of money on the exterior Id like to but there just isnt enough to go around. I do have the ams carbon spoiler the low one, I also painted my own headlights, and rims.

As for headwork Im going to go with all ferrea components stock size valves and porting Im not to sure about because I DD the car and cant really afford the down time on the vehicle right now. All the other mods I would do myself and have it back together in no time. Know what I mean ?

Im leaning towards a Red and depending whats left over Ill go for meth. There no corn fuel in the NE or Id be running that.

Last edited by Evo8Emperor; Jan 18, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Red and meth definitely. That combo would put you close to 35r power if you really want it, plus the spool time would be much better than a standard 35r, more of a usable street power band if you know what I mean.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Yah I really DD the car a lot but the stock turbo is just not enough anymore but Id still like to keep that stock spool but more power. The only way I see going about this is either a TS HTA 35R setup or the Red. Im trying to also spend the money as wisely as possible to get the most out of it.

So I think if I can get a red then meth it'll keep it safe on the stock block while still being able to use it to its potential.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
meth on a stock bottom end is not safe to me. yes before you start you can run it on a stock bottom end with safeguards etc. forget all that build the bottom end up and you will not have any problems
Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Suspension?

AX and/or track events?

Driving school?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

sell the hks 272's send the evo 9 turbo in for the red and 5r cams with spring and retainer kit
Old Jan 18, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor
Yah I really DD the car a lot but the stock turbo is just not enough anymore but Id still like to keep that stock spool but more power. The only way I see going about this is either a TS HTA 35R setup or the Red. Im trying to also spend the money as wisely as possible to get the most out of it.

So I think if I can get a red then meth it'll keep it safe on the stock block while still being able to use it to its potential.

get the bbk full or bbk lite. previously i had tbe, 24psi, and i had 280whp.

i just got FMIC, licp, header, intake, test pipe, 780cc, bbk lite. i now have 350whp with the same spool up. Dude you can't go wrong with that, it is amazing.

im going with s2's, headstuds, retainers, and some other stuff in a month. then a 2.3 upgraded to a full on e85. Going to have a wicked street car.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 01:52 AM

I say go with the FP red turbo. Great turbo and keeps stock look.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 03:52 AM
Evolving Member

def get the red and some meth!!! cant go wrong there and if you have some cash left over get a bigger fmic. then save up for a good tune.

Quick Reply: Tax return season what to mod ?