Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

At the body shop

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tiffany&coNY
My accident damage sounds similar to yours. The day before Thanksgiving coming home from work, a lady swung into my lane as we were turning and destroyed my passenger side (fender was destroyed, pass. side door wouldn't open, light was messed up, and the bumper was shot). She decided to run, but the cops and myself caught her. Her insurance finally took care of it 2 months later. The bill was $3k with labor.
damn that sucks!!!! good for you and the cops for catching her that would have really made it worse!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by ExplosEvo
My wife got rear ended in her Acura TSX. Some high school kid hit her with his big crappy toyota truck with brush gaurd. Didnt hardly scratch his. Took 5 weeks to get fixed. However they did a great job, and even fixed a few paint blemishes that were no where near the damage area. Still sucks, its like getting robbed.
Thankfully this winter has been good so far. A freind however was at a stoplight and was hit from the back in a snow day. He then hit the car in front of him so he had to chance both bumpers and a hood on his Suby.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow all these damaged Evo's, I bet only a small amount of these wrecked Evo's will show anything on the carfax report. Thats why I check cars top to bottom for body damage before I buy!
Old Jan 25, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just purchased my Evo on Friday, Jan 16. 2006 EB IX. Used but new to me. Owned a Lancer OZ for like 4 years and now I have the "good one."

Picked it up from the dealership at 12:00 noon on Friday, Jan 16.

At 11:15am Saturday Jan 17th, while looking out my balcony admiring my new car, the MAILMAN BACKS INTO THE PASSENGER SIDE FENDER. I watched him DRIVE AWAY.

I ran downstairs, hopped in my car, and chased after him - Evo > Mail truck of course, so I caught up to him and called the cops.

It is being paid for. Damage isn't too bad, just emotional damage since it hadn't even owned it for 24 hours yet.

Cheers
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:11 AM

Mine happened at school when I was backing out of a parking spot, stopped to let another car go and while I was stopped some crazy ***** comes 90mph and rear ends my quarter panel. She put a good sized dent it in, scratched my jdm bumper and busted my back tail light out... People just need to pay attention!
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

My car was hit in the parking lot of my apartment in VA while I was up in my living room drinking beer. Fortunately one of the young ladies from the building across the parking lot from mine saw me taking pictures of it the day before and came to my door and told me about it.

Knock, knock.
Hello?
that your blue car out there?
Yes.
It just got hit.
Is everyone ok?
Yeah but they drove off.
Ok thanks.

I called the cops and when they finally came out they asked if I had been drinking to which I replied "of course it's saturday night!" they laughed and started to reach for there cuffs! The young lady from across the way explained I was in my living room when the car got hit not in the car and they looked dumbfounded!

The insurance company said it was covered under my uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and the deductible was automatically half of my normal deductible. You should ask about yours.

Josh
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Leaving a dental appointment I got t-boned. I was coming up to a stop sign and out of the corner of my eye I see a car coming out of the parking lot to my left right into me and I moved a little to the right and honked, but it was too late. The dude hit me with the right front corner of his bumper. I was so pissed, but luckily I was only going 20mph and the other driver was going like 5mph. And also luckily it happened on base and the other driver was retired military so he was really cool about the situation and accepted full responsibility for the accident. His insurance Geico called me to say they were accepting full responsibilty for the accident and were going to provide me with a rental till the car's fixed. Car was fixed within a week.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 06:21 AM

I was tagged at a stop sign, Land Rover lost traction while turning and hit my driver side door and fender. Since I wasn't at fault I didn't need to pay my deductible.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OneEyedJack
I just purchased my Evo on Friday, Jan 16. 2006 EB IX. Used but new to me. Owned a Lancer OZ for like 4 years and now I have the "good one."

At 11:15am Saturday Jan 17th, while looking out my balcony admiring my new car, the MAILMAN BACKS INTO THE PASSENGER SIDE FENDER. I watched him DRIVE AWAY.

I ran downstairs, hopped in my car, and chased after him - Evo > Mail truck of course, so I caught up to him and called the cops.

It is being paid for. Damage isn't too bad, just emotional damage since it hadn't even owned it for 24 hours yet.

Cheers
Please tell me they charged him with hit and run, and he is losing his job!?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Cheers
WTF did he say when you caught up with him? I don't know if I would have been able to keep my cool in that situation. What bull****.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Cheers
That is terrible. Like asked already, is the guy loosing hisjob over this?
This reminds me of when I bought mine... less then 4 hours of owning it, somebody keyed the left side panel of the wing real bad, while I was inside a wendys getting some food. I hadn't even had the car home yet, I was on my way back from Columbus Ohio, where I bought it.
Btw, my evo is getting all fixed up feb. 9th. Hopefully it turns out good.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

TO all who asked, no the mailman is not being charged with hit and run. I couldn't see that happen because thats a really rough charge - I told him to tell the cop "excatly what happened." That he thought he backed into the snowbank so he just drove off.

When I had just learned how to drive, i had a 1985 turbo diesel benz. It was a boat. I was backing out of this girl's driveway and knocked over this 6' tall lamp post. It was in my blind spot as I was turning out of the curved driveway and it barely made a noise when I tapped it over. I got out of my car to look around and didn't see it - it was hidden by my vehicle. SO i went home thinking I hit the curb. This girl's mom called the cops on me for hit and run, which I got out of thankfully.

So I thought back to my past and didn't want to see this guy get charged with Evading. I was pretty worked up when I first ran into him, but when I saw that he was way more nervous and totally prepared for receiving a beat down, I calmed down.

He was practically in tears - this 22 year old kid temping for the USPS. He was telling me how he was saving up for an Evo and couldn't believe he hit one. We waited for the cops in the Evo because it was -4 degrees outside before wind chill. We talked about how he hated his job. I convinced him to join the Air Force.

So yes he will no longer be working for USPS, but he will not be fired. He just needs some discipline.

Cheers,
Old Jan 26, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8luva
This reminds me of when I bought mine... less then 4 hours of owning it, somebody keyed the left side panel of the wing real bad, while I was inside a wendys getting some food. I hadn't even had the car home yet, I was on my way back from Columbus Ohio, where I bought it.
Aaaaand that sucks. See I think that sucks even worse than mine because it is so malicious - there is real intent there in Keying. That is just disgusting ****. That crap deserves a beat down. Not like the mail dude deliberately played demolition derby with my ride in the parking lot.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Aaaaand that sucks. See I think that sucks even worse than mine because it is so malicious - there is real intent there in Keying. That is just disgusting ****. That crap deserves a beat down. Not like the mail dude deliberately played demolition derby with my ride in the parking lot.
Thanks for clearing up what happened with the mailman.... Lol, that sounded bad when I re-read that.

Yeah when I saw the gash in my wing, I almost had a stroke being that pissed off.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8luva
My evo is getting its key marks fixed feb 9th too only thing is i know who did it luckily shes paying for it

Quick Reply: At the body shop