Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

At the body shop

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the body shop

Well right now I'm sitting at the body shop getting a repair estimate on my evo. Few days ago somebody tagged the front end while the car was parked at the mall and drove off leaving no note
hoods damaged, fender is destroyed and the headlight is busted on the driver side. Sucks being out $500 in a deductable this time of the year. Anybody else have any fender benders this winter so far?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

My wife got rear ended in her Acura TSX. Some high school kid hit her with his big crappy toyota truck with brush gaurd. Didnt hardly scratch his. Took 5 weeks to get fixed. However they did a great job, and even fixed a few paint blemishes that were no where near the damage area. Still sucks, its like getting robbed.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last winter a 16 year old girl who still had a restricted liscense was driving around with her friends and she backed into my parked EVO while I was about to walk in the door of a friends house... I turned around and the girl tried to run away but I ran towards her car and started banging on her pass door until she stopped. She cried for like an hour and the cops made her parents drive two hours round trip to come pick her up. Boy was her insurance company cooperative
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

ugh, insurance wont get me a new jdm mr headlight, only oem. Front end is getting painted, new hood and fender.

Time to start looking for a jdm left headlight.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:44 AM

Ouch, that sucks. My cars in storage as i'm over seas, i have no worries, yet.. heh good luck findign a JDM MR left headlight
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

i with you buddy was leaving school last friday and i was stopped at a light and some girl didnt wanna stop i guess and rear ended me... going to the shop friday for a nice new JDM rear bumper haha
Old Jan 21, 2009, 07:37 PM

yaa i hit a deer on the parkway a cpl weeks ago, got new stock front bumper, and ams cb. Then about a week after i get it back, i lost control cuz of summer tires in witery mix, grazed the front bumper and jus got that finished. Ya body damage sux
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bogie432
yaa i hit a deer on the parkway a cpl weeks ago, got new stock front bumper, and ams cb. Then about a week after i get it back, i lost control cuz of summer tires in witery mix, grazed the front bumper and jus got that finished. Ya body damage sux
ouch that suxs

i want someone to barley rear end me so i can get a jdm rear bumper
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep it does suck... Some one tagged the Front of my Voltex Evo a few weeks ago... I have to repaint my driver fender and Fix and paint my front bumper again.... I am thinking of just doing a whole repaint now
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ya i hit a dog about 2 weeks ago...cracked front bumper, busted headlight, dented fender, dented door...$3600 in damage, all covered by insurance and being replaced with brand new parts...so I am glad to pay just my $500 deductable.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06RedRalli
ya i hit a dog about 2 weeks ago...cracked front bumper, busted headlight, dented fender, dented door...$3600 in damage, all covered by insurance and being replaced with brand new parts...so I am glad to pay just my $500 deductable.
That must have been one heck of a dog!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ExplosEvo
That must have been one heck of a dog!
ya it was a freaking huge pit bull..came out of no where and jus headed straight for my car...sucks bad..
Old Jan 22, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i got hit from the side... my deductible was 1g and it did over 6500 in damage. damn old ppl
Old Jan 22, 2009, 07:00 PM

ya when i hit the deer it was over $3500, but insurance covered it. TIP- if you ever hit an animal, tell the insurance it was alive, otherwise you pay
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

My accident damage sounds similar to yours. The day before Thanksgiving coming home from work, a lady swung into my lane as we were turning and destroyed my passenger side (fender was destroyed, pass. side door wouldn't open, light was messed up, and the bumper was shot). She decided to run, but the cops and myself caught her. Her insurance finally took care of it 2 months later. The bill was $3k with labor.

Quick Reply: At the body shop