Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which one do you like better
DYNO FLASH (PROUVEN)
44.64%
XEDE (VISHNU)
55.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

DYNOFLASH (Pruven) Vs. XEDE (VISHNU)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2003, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eManage is only $299 from Boost Solutions (www.boostsolutionsinc.net). The $299 doesnt include any harness, but if you want to go cheap you can wire it yourself. If you dont want to do your own wiring, Godspeed sells the eManage prewired and soldered into a Field Harness for $550. All you need to do is to plug it into the car.

The best thing about this unit is..... If you want to sell your car one day, just unplug it and your car goes back to stock. You can sell the unit and sell the car. On the other hand, If you reflash your ECU for major mods (eg turbo, injectors), you wont be able to return the car to stock unless you pay for another reflash.

Originally posted by rdrkt

Last time I checked a full loaded Emanage was almost the cost of a standalone around 900 bucks.

But I do agree I would be more inclined to buy a SAFC and be in charge of all the tuning. However if you do have the money I think a $450 chip tune in conjunction with a SAFC to fine tune would be the best bet. Im sure driveability is going to be better with the chip but few people have the time to be heading to the dyno after every little change. It would be much simpler to have the SAFC adding a % or two here or there.

Last edited by 909; Sep 16, 2003 at 03:51 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rdrkt

Last time I checked a full loaded Emanage was almost the cost of a standalone around 900 bucks.

But I do agree I would be more inclined to buy a SAFC and be in charge of all the tuning. However if you do have the money I think a $450 chip tune in conjunction with a SAFC to fine tune would be the best bet. Im sure driveability is going to be better with the chip but few people have the time to be heading to the dyno after every little change. It would be much simpler to have the SAFC adding a % or two here or there.
Good idea - the Dyno-Flash does a lot of things - eliminates the fuel cut; raises the rev limiter; eliminates the top speed limiter - (yes we have one for those few to go over 150 mph!) - and totally reprograms the fuel curve and ign timing - - - adding a SAFC would give you the ability to tailor the tune for race gas of if you added more mods not a bad idea - but the safc only does 1/10th of what the dyno-flash does
Old Sep 16, 2003, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 909
eManage is only $299 from Boost Solutions (www.boostsolutionsinc.net). The $299 doesnt include any harness, but if you want to go cheap you can wire it yourself. If you dont want to do your own wiring, Godspeed sells the eManage prewired and soldered into a Field Harness for $550. All you need to do is to plug it into the car.

The best thing about this unit is..... If you want to sell your car one day, just unplug it and your car goes back to stock. You can sell the unit and sell the car. On the other hand, If you reflash your ECU for major mods (eg turbo, injectors), you wont be able to return the car to stock unless you pay for another reflash.

Emanage is a very good unit - be sure to include extra charges also for the sofftwear - install if needed and dyno time to tune it - it takes me about two hours on the dyno to tune the emanage with a ign harness - - - that would cost at least $400.00 and its very difficult to attempt that type of tune without a dyno

BTW - www.dynoflash.com will re-flash back to stock anyone at any time - no questions asked - just stop by and you will be back to stock in 5 mins

Also - every flash has a unconditional money back guarantee - if you are not 100% completely satisfied with your tune and the after dyno chart - your car will be re-flashed back to stock and you will NOT be charged anything

Who else offers that kind of warranty????
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Good idea - the Dyno-Flash does a lot of things - eliminates the fuel cut; raises the rev limiter; eliminates the top speed limiter - (yes we have one for those few to go over 150 mph!) - and totally reprograms the fuel curve and ign timing - - - adding a SAFC would give you the ability to tailor the tune for race gas of if you added more mods not a bad idea - but the safc only does 1/10th of what the dyno-flash does
thats odd; i could have sworn the car was gearing limited to 157...
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Revolutionary

thats odd; i could have sworn the car was gearing limited to 157...
My car has a 9,000 red line - so what is my top speed with 557 whp ? - Hint - my car has already gone over 160 mph - after that I wasnt looking !
Old Sep 17, 2003, 01:07 AM

My car has a 9,000 red line - so what is my top speed with 557 whp ? - Hint - my car has already gone over 160 mph - after that I wasnt looking !
I've been standing on the sidelines reading the forums for 2 weeks now. But I've decided to start my first post here. I think my choice of XEDE is clear partly because of the benefits and partly because Alfriedesq hasn't been very nice at all. Also I think that the justification for raising RPM to 9000? may not be safe for our car (i believe Alfriedesq's engine internals are different than ours), unless Pruven is willing to be completely liable for any kind of engine damage, I don't think raising the RPM limit is a very big benefit. Also I think it's really hard for Alfriedesq to make an objective statement because he sounds like he's involved with pruven for one, and also he can reflash his ecu at will - a benefit which we all dont have. $450 for a simple engine reflash is really expensive. Maybe if Alfriedesq charged $200, I may consider it, but $450 is just too much to pay for a simple reflash. Imagine, 2 reflashes and i lose a ralliart intercooler piping kit.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by bbyevo8

I've been standing on the sidelines reading the forums for 2 weeks now. But I've decided to start my first post here. I think my choice of XEDE is clear partly because of the benefits and partly because Alfriedesq hasn't been very nice at all. Also I think that the justification for raising RPM to 9000? may not be safe for our car (i believe Alfriedesq's engine internals are different than ours), unless Pruven is willing to be completely liable for any kind of engine damage, I don't think raising the RPM limit is a very big benefit. Also I think it's really hard for Alfriedesq to make an objective statement because he sounds like he's involved with pruven for one, and also he can reflash his ecu at will - a benefit which we all dont have. $450 for a simple engine reflash is really expensive. Maybe if Alfriedesq charged $200, I may consider it, but $450 is just too much to pay for a simple reflash. Imagine, 2 reflashes and i lose a ralliart intercooler piping kit.
First - on stock engines we recommend that owners upgrade to the ARP rod bolts (about $40.00) and two hours of labor - - that will very safely allow a 7850 red line, in fact many evos have gone to the 7850 red line with totally stock rod bolts - look at Works - they have had no probloems

My car goes 9,000 cause the engine is totally worked and has giant rods

We have found that most evo owners actually don't change thier cars every week like I do and that a re-flash actually will work out great for them

Personally, I think the pricing - which incudes a car inspection and an hour of dyno time with the a/f sniffer is very very fair and a good value for the evo owner's money

You and some others may not "like" my internet persona - - that should really have nothing to do with this new venture by Pruven Performance as I am merely a part of their racing team

Rest assured that Dyno Flash is committed to providing evo owners with a great product and a great value

Very soon dyno sheets will be posted and reviews from actualy users will be posted to help informed oweners make decisions
Old Sep 17, 2003, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Hey AL, we need to see the pudding…proof!!!

Competition is always good, it lowers price. Besides the price, the XEDE does have one benefit. That is, you leave the stock computer untouched.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

That also includes dyno time for the reflash prosses witch starts to make it a good deal. Xede is a excellent unit and with really good base maps to start off with for the money is a great buy as well. I do like the dyno flash option and Pruven is a good shop with meny years of tuning background. And no I don't work for Pruven but I do know them and have seen the great stuff they do.

For the avarage user that will just do a few mods dynoflash is a good option. For me it just makes more sense to Use xede and then sell it after I'm done using it.

Al what reflashing software are they using?

Eric
Old Sep 17, 2003, 12:21 PM

First - on stock engines we recommend that owners upgrade to the ARP rod bolts (about $40.00) and two hours of labor - - that will very safely allow a 7850 red line, in fact many evos have gone to the 7850 red line with totally stock rod bolts - look at Works - they have had no probloems

My car goes 9,000 cause the engine is totally worked and has giant rods

We have found that most evo owners actually don't change thier cars every week like I do and that a re-flash actually will work out great for them

Personally, I think the pricing - which incudes a car inspection and an hour of dyno time with the a/f sniffer is very very fair and a good value for the evo owner's money

You and some others may not "like" my internet persona - - that should really have nothing to do with this new venture by Pruven Performance as I am merely a part of their racing team

Rest assured that Dyno Flash is committed to providing evo owners with a great product and a great value

Very soon dyno sheets will be posted and reviews from actualy users will be posted to help informed oweners make decisions
Alfriedesq, you still haven't answered to my question. Will dynoflash be responsible if our engine blows? I won't ask other vendors that because your tuning is supposed to be "better" being customized and all.

Anyhow, I still prefer the XEDE setup, how the unit is has resale value and that there are lots of available maps for us to use for FREE. Plus it has the big option and flexibility for us to fine tune our cars ourselves. I think that your dynoflash will result in us evo owners spending more. Remember one thing Alfriedesq, we're not quite as rich or as hardcore as you are.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
I think prouven, should have like a discounted 2nd time venture to their dyno flash since $450 is a lot of money to keep haveing a reflash done. Maybe they can offer 50% of after the first dynoflash so that buyers can infact upgrade thier cars even though they had a flash done. This will allow users to upgrade their car with out worring about spending 450 on a reflash. Something to this nature has to be done to satisfy its customers.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

i'm sure both are very good, but i have several limitations if i went with a Pruven reflash.
1) I dont live anywhere nearby to do the flash and tune.
2) With the cost of a new re-flash everytime I add more mods, the cost for this process is open-ended (getting a new map from Vishnu is free)
Old Sep 17, 2003, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Alfriedesq, you still haven't answered to my question. Will dynoflash be responsible if our engine blows? I won't ask other vendors that because your tuning is supposed to be "better" being customized and all.

Anyhow, I still prefer the XEDE setup, how the unit is has resale value and that there are lots of available maps for us to use for FREE. Plus it has the big option and flexibility for us to fine tune our cars ourselves. I think that your dynoflash will result in us evo owners spending more. Remember one thing Alfriedesq, we're not quite as rich or as hardcore as you are.
Responsible if your engine blows from the higher rpms? Or responsible if your engine blows becuase you are running more HP than stock?Please clarify what you mean.

Of course there can be no "guarantee" on your engine - Dyno Flash did not build it.

The only guarantee you get is that the flash process is done very carefully - the car is tuned well within acceptable customary margins of safety and the settings are confirmed with a/f sniffers and a knock link.

If you are looking to tune the car yourself on the street - obviously you will be taking a much bigger chance than a car tuned on a dyno with a host of monitoring equipment hooked up.

I think whenever you add additional power over stock you are placing additional stress on the parts and there is a slight chance you may have a failure. However, the 4g63 is very stout and our experience with the EVO 8 shows us that the stock engine is good for up to 500 hp at the wheels with no instance of failure.

I would think that the very small gains of 20 - 30 whp with the re-flash will have little or no effect on the durability of your evo. I think the most important thing to do is change your oil very frequently.

Finally - on re-sale values of the exed or similar units. If you look on the www.nasioc.com forum you'll find that you can hardly GIVE old vishnu unichips away. the resale is almost nothing. I would think when you spend $30,000 on a car the most important issue is which system is going to work better on the car.

I defy and through the mail tuner to match the quaility tune you can get when dyno tuning the car on a dyno and making the tune on a custom basis.

As far as sharing maps - I do not recomend that in any situation. A dyno map is tailored to a specific car. To me it makes no sense to share maps as the EVOs have a very great car to car variance. The idea of tuning is to optimize the tune to match your particular car. Thats how you get the most power in a safe manner and get that razor sharp "tuned" feel when you step on the gas.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jman425
i'm sure both are very good, but i have several limitations if i went with a Pruven reflash.
1) I dont live anywhere nearby to do the flash and tune.
2) With the cost of a new re-flash everytime I add more mods, the cost for this process is open-ended (getting a new map from Vishnu is free)
Our business model is to shoot for a perfect tune each time and thats why we want the car on the dyno - every time. We won't be selling these units through the mail - we feel it is just not prudent. Hopefully other tuners will spring up in various locations who can be closer and tune your car individually.

However, we WILL be offering the fuel cut removal, rev limit change and top speed limit removal through the mail at a very low price.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

We won't be selling these units through the mail - we feel it is just not prudent. Hopefully other tuners will spring up in various locations who can be closer and tune your car individually.

Could this lean towards a sort of library of reflashes that could be shared among a network of cooperating tuners? That way we might get more reflash locations because there'd be a ready supply of nationally tested maps. Maps are free, but the dealer, after buying purchasing his equipment, cannot charge for the map, just his "services". Would that help people to share in this case? I really think ECU reflashes are the way to go for daily drivers. JWT has been doing this (working with the factory ECU) for years with great success.

Quick Reply: DYNOFLASH (Pruven) Vs. XEDE (VISHNU)