Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which one do you like better
DYNO FLASH (PROUVEN)
44.64%
XEDE (VISHNU)
55.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

DYNOFLASH (Pruven) Vs. XEDE (VISHNU)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2003, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Alfriedesq
There s NO such thng as a lbrary of tunes - you CAN NOT share tunes wth other cars and run good power safely

Any tuner who tunes through the mail is making a calculated trade off of saftey vs. power and has to add in a large measure of saftey to allow for car to car variance

THERE IS NO WAY to get a lot of power - safely - when you are not doing the tune ON THE CAR

Of course - there is more $$$ to be made selling units through the mail - once you have the map it takes 5 mins to program it in and there is ZERO cost . The way we are doing requires a $100,000 dyno machine, someone to operate the dyno - lots of effort strapping down the car and a whole hour of time to run it. We feel its the ONLY safe way to tune the EVO 8's so that is the way we are doing it.

When you JUST rent the dyno for an hour to tune a SAFC, emanage or other device it costs $250.00 per hour just for the dyno time - - so I think its a real value for $450.00 to have the tune and dyno time included
I agree with you Al custom dyno tuning is always best. Plus with both units you still retain all of the factory safty features Like knock senser feed back. Both are a good choise. If your in the Area Pruven is a bit cheaper and custom to your set up if you live in the middle and don't have a AWD Vishnu is the best option. Or if you like to tincker and know what your doing again Vishnu is a better option.

Most people will not go as far as Al did in mods.

Now Shiv's base maps are perfect margin of safty and performance. I have bin a Vishnu base map user for over 2 years know and I have never knocked or had high ETGs with in Vishnu's Packages or stages.

I know how Shiv tunes and I trust him with my own car.

Eric
Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
OK, lets stop fighting with AL. People think this over logically. OK though time technology improves. At the time Al said something was good it probably was! Its like a computer part its good now but give it a few months and its old. Its kind of the same with car part technology. Ok granted some parts will always be the same but when it comes to tuning, its always changing. Like XEDE system, now they have new programs out that they incurage, your not going to hold their old programs against them.
But for the most part, getting yoru car on a dyno and haveing it professionally tuned seems to be a great idea. Every car is different, becuase of break in, the driving style, and many other reasons. This is usually why come cars break down (IE: the bad clutch). Why do some clutches go and others not, or why do some parts fail on cars while others dont? Well the cars are similar but not identical. As i see it righ now the Dynoflash along with professional tuning, is kind of hard to see something go wrong, especially if they have expierence doing it. So yeah mail products may be good but your still taking a chance. But go to a dyno and you have a professional personally turning your car, and who knows how far he can go.
As of now I'm only going from logic here. I will soon get with pruven and test the Dynoflash out, and i'll be happy to give you an honest opinion. I'm not trying to sell Pruven and have no affiliations with them. But, good or bad I'll honestly tell you how Pruven's Dynoflash is. Now stop this inmature fighting.
Its not like people are forcing you to buy a product, you have the chose go with what you think is best.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bbyevo8

Don't you get it...wherever the wind blows, Alfriedesq goes. For example, Alfriedesq used to have a WRX...It used to be such a "awesome" car for him. Then one day, the evo came out and Subarus became Slowbarus for him. Alfriendesq was the only one who ever used the word "Slowbaru" on nasioc forums insulting all subaru owners. Thus, Alfriedesq has become a very unpopular, even hated character in the Subaru community.

When Alfriedesq gets the eManage, it becomes the best fuel and timing management system - simply amazing he says. Now, it just doesn't cut it. When he gets the works reflash for free probably, he says all the nice stuff....and now this. For all you know, 2 years later when the Skyline GTR comes out... Our cars will become Mitslowbishi Slowvolutions to Alfriedesq. Until now, I don't even understand why tuners or businesses even want to get involved with such a undesirable guy, lowering their corporate image as well. I would rather go with Vishnu Tuning anytime. You guys have no idea how severe the drama was in nasioc when Alfriedesq posted all his c r a p about Evos versus "slowbarus". It made a big part of the Subaru community hate Evos. It took me a lot to buy one, that I had to be associated with ****** like Alfriedesq. But finally I decided that a car is a car, and a ***** is a *****. I won't associate my car in anyway with Alfriedesq, I will not buy any Pruven parts or services.
We are not tuning Suabarus we are not tuning Hugos we are ONLY tuning EVOs

I cant understand how you would expect me to stick with the same system - even as newer and better things become available? If getting a reflash from Works worked great - (it did) - then why wouldn't I take the next step and aquire the very same reflash system so I can do the reflashes myself and custom tailor them to fit my car and my needs?

I started with the SAFC - it was decent - added a emanage - it was better - got the works brain flash - it added even more things to the mix - - now I will be doing my own flashes

I cant understand why you would complain about someone who is learning more about his car and trying to get the best stuff available ???

Also - I used to have a sti / wrx set up - - after driving a EVO - it was time to switch - so what ??? If the suby guys are mad at me cause my car is better - I'm sorry - but it is better!

I used to drive a '66 Corvair 140 convert - is there something wrong with me that I upgraded it to another car at some point or should I still be driving that one ???
Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:13 PM

sure you can change cars, change systems etc, but you talk with such authroity on each system or car.. Why should we trust you now? 3 months later what will your story be? that a reflash just doesnt cut it anymore and something else is better? And yes you're learning, but you don't sound like you're learning. People who are learning have a far more humble attitude than you do. I don't think you want me to cut and paste all the things you said to evolution owners as well as subaru owners. You're just a plain dick and i would never want to deal with you or your associates, period.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

I think 450 bucks is a LOT of money for what they are doing. I mean, it costs them nothing to do the reflash. They should just charge lets say 100 bucks for the reflash and then the dyno time. And for repeat flashes it should only cost the dyno time plus maybe 20 bucks.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by bbyevo8
sure you can change cars, change systems etc, but you talk with such authroity on each system or car.. Why should we trust you now? 3 months later what will your story be? that a reflash just doesnt cut it anymore and something else is better? And yes you're learning, but you don't sound like you're learning. People who are learning have a far more humble attitude than you do. I don't think you want me to cut and paste all the things you said to evolution owners as well as subaru owners. You're just a plain dick and i would never want to deal with you or your associates, period.
so - don't deal with dyno flash then, thats your option. If price were no object - I would prefer a motec stand alone tuned by Bullish Racing - but I just can't justify that kind of expense on a daily driver car that is going to be prob worthless in 10 years. As far a sbang for the buck - I think its very hard to beat the value of the dynoflash.com. There will be dyno sheets, time slips and other technical data available on the web site in the comming weeks

Last edited by KK; Jan 26, 2004 at 05:17 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

I am interested in the reflash and sent dynoflash an email using the address on their web site but I didn't get a reply. I would be especially interested if there was a price break for being one of the first customers.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Dale_K
I am interested in the reflash and sent dynoflash an email using the address on their web site but I didn't get a reply. I would be especially interested if there was a price break for being one of the first customers.
The web site is not working properly yet - when you see the new more professionaly designed web page in the next day or two thats when the mail will be working. Beta testers will be only $250.00. Email or pm me for details.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

[

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Sep 20, 2003 at 06:49 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

www.dynoflash.com is now up and running - next week we will start to post dyno sheets, technical data and timeslips

Beta testers can sign up starting next wed
Old Sep 27, 2003, 03:53 PM
Account Disabled

The reflash machine is in and I just completed my factory training sessions.

I just finished my first reflash and the results were amazing. The reflash is just like having a very very high tech stand alone - everything is now totally adjustable - with all the drivability and function of stock.

Beta testing will start on monday. I am offering very reduced rates for the initial beta testers.

The reflash machine gives me the ability to do the following:

Remap fuel and ignition curve
Remap boost
Raise rev limiter
Remove top speed limiter
Remove fuel cut

Dyno sheets will be up soon !

Last edited by DynoFlash; Sep 27, 2003 at 04:20 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 07:35 PM
der

OK, Dynoflash! I like the the Stage 2 package on the website, with some additional tweaks that we need to discuss. But you've been silent since I emailed you last week on the subject. Let me know when you're ready to roll, and I'm in.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Who is actually doing the reflash?? Dan or yourself?
Old Sep 28, 2003, 05:42 AM
In Timeout

Location: My name is Ananda Robinson.Stupid people should be killed. i live in Maryland
Personally id choose a product based on the venders history and accomplishments in this tuning arena. Al has already expressed the history of those behind the dyno flash. What has Vish done?

You don't have to personally like Al. Nor is it relevant, proven has done exactly that. Proven to the masses that they know what they are doing.

Last edited by Turbo-Weapon; Sep 28, 2003 at 05:47 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

If you live in Milford, then DynoFlash sounds like a great option - although I think $450 is about twice what they should be charging for a walk-in reflash!

I voted for EXEDE - the more logical option for the rest of the people nowhere near CT.

Quick Reply: DYNOFLASH (Pruven) Vs. XEDE (VISHNU)