Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which one do you like better
DYNO FLASH (PROUVEN)
44.64%
XEDE (VISHNU)
55.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

DYNOFLASH (Pruven) Vs. XEDE (VISHNU)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2003, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes "good enough" is simply "good enough." Apparently the guys who are running low 12s and 11s in their Evos with stock turbos agree with me.

And yeah, a Hallman (my favorite, until I am done programming my own) does a pretty good job at controlling boost.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/joshs_...ighairflow.gif

Boost is the almost flat green line at the top of the screen. I didn't lift off the throttle for the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts. DSMLink took care of lowering the RPM limit for me when I pushed in the clutch. The rev limit (in the ECU) was set to 7750RPM, and the shifting rev limit was 6500RPM. The launch limit was 4500RPM. DSMLink controlled my intercooler sprayer to come on after 50mph at WOT. Airflow peaked at 41.1lbs/min, which is pretty damn good for a 16G.

I ran 114.1mph in the 1/4 last night with that datalog. All five of my runs were within 3/10ths of a mph of one another.

EvoLink doesn't exist yet, but it will come. I had to wait ages for DSMLink, but I'm glad I did.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 09:13 AM
In Timeout

Location: My name is Ananda Robinson.Stupid people should be killed. i live in Maryland
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by shiv@vishnu

I could waste my time and explain how we are handling both features but you'd probably say that it's impossible and that it's all marketing-driven hype. Then you'll continue by saying that the XEDE can't control injector dead time (once again) and that it's a rip-off that should never have been introduced to the evo market. You'll follow up by saying the S-AFC is the best upgrade one can do since ignition control for bolt-on applications is useless and that boost control can be handled better by a Joe P. MBC.

Cheers,
shiv

blah blah and blah. Stop talking already and do something even remotely close to what any other DSM based EVO shop is doing with a 300 dollar s-afc and exhaust system. Can you even come close to buschur's 12.0 and 361 whp on pump?

all you do is make excuses and talk garbage. Do something. real shops lead by example not product description and sales pitch.

People actually take you serious
Old Oct 9, 2003, 11:14 AM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Turbo-Weapon

all you do is make excuses and talk garbage. Do something. real shops lead by example not product description and sales pitch.

People actually take you serious
Thats why I personally used the reflash system in my car to run a 11.62 in the 1/4 mile and crank out 557 wheel HP before I decided to take the leap and start selling it to others.

My passsion is car tuning. But i felt before I started to tune some cars I should have some results under my belt as far as winning some races and breaking some records to show others that I do have some skill as a tuner.

I am sure that any tuner could do the same - however - some apparently feel it is not necessary. To me, its just part of the automotive business. I would not follow the lead of any tuners who had not shown me on the track that their ideas have merrit and that they have skill. My mentors on the 4g63 were the likes of Buschur and Pruven. Before that in the WRX, I followed the lead of TX's. All of these shops followed the pattern - develop the product on the race track - then sell it to the street user.

I agree - without some dyno numbers or track times - its all just slick marketing and sales talk.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 11:27 AM

I could waste my time and explain how we are handling both features but you'd probably say that it's impossible and that it's all marketing-driven hype. Then you'll continue by saying that the XEDE can't control injector dead time (once again) and that it's a rip-off that should never have been introduced to the evo market. You'll follow up by saying the S-AFC is the best upgrade one can do since ignition control for bolt-on applications is useless and that boost control can be handled better by a Joe P. MBC.

Cheers,
shiv
Shiv, that's my biggest problem with you, man. You only give real answers 1/4 of the time. Of the rest of the time, you either ignore them or make snide remarks. I'm not going to buy anything from someone that just *****es me out when I ask a question.

I feel the XEDE is a legitimate option for EVO owners, but I feel it's price is not justified. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the XEDE when compared to other piggybacks (other than the fact that 90% of your customers probably wouldn't have a clue how to program it) besides the price. But I do feel that if something like DSMLink were available for the EVO, it would probably lower demand for XEDE considerably.

I try to be nice to you Shiv, to give you the benefit of the doubt and not just bash you, but then you remind me why everyone hates you in the first place (badmouthing Nathan from TurboXS, making fun of Al because he actually made some power out of his car, avoiding questions, and acting like a 4-year-old when people ask you good technical questions).

Shiv, if you don't know the answer, just say it. The one thing worse than someone who doesn't know what they're doing is someone that insists they do.

I have another question for you: if you know so damn much about the ECU, then why haven't you developed a system like DSMLink for the EVO?
Old Oct 9, 2003, 01:22 PM
Hal

We're going to offer rev raising for XEDE users as well. More info soon to come...
This, I have to see.

What are you going to do, clamp the cam and crank angle sensor inputs (or simulate) and thus fool the ecu into thinking it's making fewer revs?

A great idea, just like knock sensor attenuation. It's knock, but we'll just tell the ECU it's not so no timing gets pulled.

Hal

- boom, boom, beating the drum
Old Oct 9, 2003, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Hal

This, I have to see.

What are you going to do, clamp the cam and crank angle sensor inputs (or simulate) and thus fool the ecu into thinking it's making fewer revs?

A great idea, just like knock sensor attenuation. It's knock, but we'll just tell the ECU it's not so no timing gets pulled.

Hal

You will see and then go ah.

Eric
Old Oct 9, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Why is that when I read this thread... it gives me the impression
that everyone is tuning to build a drag car??? And that the seal
of approval is peak dyno hp and 1/4 mile times??

Not trying to criticize or get in an argument with anyone... but
I do hear it again and again (in various clutch threads) that EVO8
is no drag car...
So.. how about lets compare track times between diff tuner
cars...
Old Oct 9, 2003, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
I do not believe that is the case... 1/4mile times are just a good way to gauge speed. With Dynoflash you have better spool time and if you read my "today i got dynoflashed" Thread you would notice how my story was about going though a twisty road. Go read more.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

But would 1/4 times show things like abrupt power delivery
which might be important for track use?... but I guess a dyno
sheet would show that...

Originally posted by Evo11V
I do not believe that is the case... 1/4mile times are just a good way to gauge speed. With Dynoflash you have better spool time and if you read my "today i got dynoflashed" Thread you would notice how my story was about going though a twisty road. Go read more.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 04:25 PM
Hal

Originally posted by JT-KGY
So.. how about lets compare track times between diff tuner
cars...

That'd be cool.

Hal

- DSM's took 1st and 4th in the road course section of the recently complete USCC... not bad for "drag cars"
Old Oct 9, 2003, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
As my other post said...

Originally posted by Evo11V

Again for those who bug me about users building drag cars... No 1/4 miles is just good way to measure a cars performance. As stated here you can see that dynoflash is not all about drag, it is excellent for going in and out of turns with power.
And yes a dyno would show that type of power. What your really looking is power when exiting turns and on straits. Tracks do have strait aways not only turns, at least the last few I have seen have. Anyway, I feel that dynoflash has increased power on demand when exiting turns. It is really good all around. but turns in essence are little drag strips, when you go into a turn hard you break then WOT on apex as you exit. you want to slingshot out of a turn. So yes 1/4 mile times help.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Hal

This, I have to see.

Hal

Wrong on both accounts. But don't sweat it.

Also, you might want to modify your sig file and add on the part where it experienced an engine failure early in the test and dumped enough fluids on the drag strip to interfere with the testing. Might want to also mention that the pro driver who shoed it could only get one lap in at a time before the temp gauge pegged itself on the hot side The other DSM that participated went through at least 2 turbos during the test as well. Both cars were set up well (esp the black 1 gen) and might have just been a victim of circumstance. But to ignore these facts would be a questionable, no? But then again, it really only boils down to 1/4 mile times, right?

Cheers,
shiv
Old Oct 9, 2003, 08:04 PM
Hal

But to ignore these facts would be a questionable, no? But then again, it really only boils down to 1/4 mile times, right?
No one is ignoring facts. Just doing like you do, posting that which makes a positive point and ignoring that which does not.

Again, come over to www.teamnabr.com and prove your technical knowledge (4g63 based) in an open discussion where posts don't get deleted and the moderators don't kiss *** to the paying sponsors.

Hal

Old Oct 9, 2003, 08:52 PM

Wrong on both accounts. But don't sweat it.

Also, you might want to modify your sig file and add on the part where it experienced an engine failure early in the test and dumped enough fluids on the drag strip to interfere with the testing. Might want to also mention that the pro driver who shoed it could only get one lap in at a time before the temp gauge pegged itself on the hot side The other DSM that participated went through at least 2 turbos during the test as well. Both cars were set up well (esp the black 1 gen) and might have just been a victim of circumstance. But to ignore these facts would be a questionable, no? But then again, it really only boils down to 1/4 mile times, right?

Cheers,
shiv
Thanks for proving my point, Shiv. Pretend you didn't even see my question.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by Hal
Again, come over to www.teamnabr.com and prove your technical knowledge (4g63 based) in an open discussion where posts don't get deleted and the moderators don't kiss *** to the paying sponsors.

Hal

That's because ****ty vendors wouldn't be allowed to advertise on NABR for any amount of money.

Quick Reply: DYNOFLASH (Pruven) Vs. XEDE (VISHNU)