Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which one do you like better
DYNO FLASH (PROUVEN)
44.64%
XEDE (VISHNU)
55.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

DYNOFLASH (Pruven) Vs. XEDE (VISHNU)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2003, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Question DYNOFLASH (Pruven) Vs. XEDE (VISHNU)

OK, Both these products seem to be pretty good but I just want to hear some reviews or comments...

Pruven Product:
http://dynoflash.com/

VISHNU Product:
http://www.vishnutuning.com/xede_evo.htm
Old Sep 15, 2003, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where are the pruven guys located?
Old Sep 15, 2003, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
CT

Last edited by Evo11V; Sep 15, 2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by Evo11V
CT
Pruven are located in Milford CT
Old Sep 15, 2003, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Dyno-Flash - reflash will not be available for about 2 - 3 more weeks - hence the very primative inital web page just to give some details about what the re-flash will consist of.

The major difference with the Dyno-Flash over all other similar products out there now is that the Dyno-Flash is done ON YOUR CAR - on the dyno - so the tune is matched to your modifications.

What I have seen with the aftermarket on the EVO is that the typical EVO owner likes to make significant mods and also like to pick and choose his mods. The other systems leave this customer out in left field as the through the mail tuners rely on you sticking with their pre-packaged "stages" As long as you stick with those mods your going to be OK with the through the mail tune - but as soon as you try doing a little changes - adding this or taking away that - you get disclaimers of incompatability and warnings of dire consequences.

The Dyno-Flash concept is simple - you mod your car ANYWAY you like - you pick and choose the best parts that suit your own taste. There are no limitations. You go out and buy the stuff at the best prices you can find. Once you get all your stuff - you make the Dyno-Flash appointment and the car is OPTIMIZED on the dyno to match all the stuff you bought.

Of course Dynop-Flash has some recomended set ups that are stages. However, these are merely suggestions. Get what ever parts you want, install then where ever you want and bring the car over and get it tuned.

With the Dyno-Flash you are not dealing with a company that just jumped on the Evo bandwagon trying to catch the wave of popularity. The people behind dyno flash have been 4g63 experts for years and know this power plant inside and out.
The Dyno-Flash team are all people who live, eat and sleep 4g63 and really enjoy working on Evos more than anything else.

Dyno-Flash is committed to providing a great value for your $$. The introductory price of $450.00 includes a inspection of your car, scan of OBDII and a full hour of dyno time with the a/f sniffer. Dyno-Flash does not believe in making empty promises - if your car does not pick up 20 HP to the wheels - there is NO charge.

There will be more information comming in the next few weeks. Right now Dyno-Flash is looking for a few beta testers who will recieve the Dyno-Flash at a 50% discount.

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Sep 30, 2003 at 09:14 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 06:51 PM
Former Sponsor

hey AL.. can my car be a guinea pig for this??
Old Sep 15, 2003, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Damn that was quite the commercial. Yet I'm still intrigued.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes - we will be doing about 20 - 30 beta testers to get a pool of maps and dyno sheets - the process will start on or about Oct 1 - look to www.dynoflash.com for all details in the next few weeks !
Old Sep 16, 2003, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Yes - we will be doing about 20 - 30 beta testers to get a pool of maps and dyno sheets - the process will start on or about Oct 1 - look to www.dynoflash.com for all details in the next few weeks !
If Pruven is tuning, this is the ****!!!. Dan and the boys at Pruven Know 4g63s in and out.

Thire 600whp EVO in the new up coming SCC is all controled by thire reflash.

Good stuff!!!

Last edited by Eric Lyublinsky; Sep 16, 2003 at 06:29 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 06:23 AM
Former Sponsor

InTeReStiNg....
gives me enough time to get more mods in before the flash
Old Sep 16, 2003, 07:13 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Nice if you live in the Northeast and don't want to manipulate any settings yourself. Otherwise, I'd still want a fully user programmable system, as I continually update and modify my car. I'm going to keep saving for the XEDE. That way, I get to control what the car is doing and can make changes.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

I agree Noize. I don't have deep enough pockets to buy all the upgrades I want and then tune the car (stroker, turbo upgrade, 3" turbo back, cams, cam gears...etc). The XEDE is nice for those of us that buy an upgrade every few months.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:22 AM

or you can get yourself emanage for half the price, something you can actually use later on
Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

I'm located in Staten Island, NY and am willing to take a weekday off from to school to come down and be a beta tester for this project. Just contact me and I'll be more than ready to make an appointment, plus I want Pruven Performance to install my clutch once I get it, but I'd first like to see their operation and what better way to see.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by darski
or you can get yourself emanage for half the price, something you can actually use later on
Last time I checked a full loaded Emanage was almost the cost of a standalone around 900 bucks.

But I do agree I would be more inclined to buy a SAFC and be in charge of all the tuning. However if you do have the money I think a $450 chip tune in conjunction with a SAFC to fine tune would be the best bet. Im sure driveability is going to be better with the chip but few people have the time to be heading to the dyno after every little change. It would be much simpler to have the SAFC adding a % or two here or there.

Quick Reply: DYNOFLASH (Pruven) Vs. XEDE (VISHNU)