Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What is it with these guys?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is it with these guys?

After hearing all the things about Srt-4's owners attitudes I went over to check out their board.... man what a totally different mindset and mentality then an Evolution owner... seems like they have a problem with evolutions like they need to prove something , jealousy? envy? or am I way off?... What is it that makes them think the way they do about evo's?

Nice kill! I'm glad SRT and STi are good friends not rival, like the EVO...
rivals? who came up with that one? they arent even the same class of car... you want rivals? STi and EVO are rivals lol.

Srt-4 and Evo owners are definately two different types of people from what ive seen thats for sure.

Actually ran into one tonight on the road and ran him from a roll and took him... slowed down to give him the thumbs up and what do i get? but a classic ricer fly-by. oh well , what ever.
I like Srt-4's they are a great car imo for what they are,
But I would much rather run into evo owners than srt-4' owners any day

Kyle M.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See, unfortunately, everyone that owns a similar car are not the same. There is a guy around here with a Yellow EVO who thinks hes the ****, and has the attitude. Yet he stalled while trying to smoke my girlfriend in her 325 XI. So EVO owners can be dicks too, as can SRT-4 owners as well as STI owners. As a general rule though, I find that the younger the person, the more of a hard *** they try to be behind the wheel, especially in STIs and EVOs.

Last edited by Tristar; Sep 15, 2003 at 07:37 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Remember this, the biggest number of Srt-4 owners are hard-core gear-heads looking to prove a point. The problem is they can and will prove a point regardless of the outcome.

Its a no-win proposition with the Srt-4's. If you beat them its like, "So what, you got an Evo....and I almost had you man!". On the other hand if they beat you, its like "wow I thought that Evo was supposed to be bad...guess not!"

Given the two options I choose number one, but doing nothing is always an option and I am sure will be considered an act of Evo cowardice to be blasted across the internet forums.

I can't wait... I am certain that most of us will get the chance sooner or later

N10S
Old Sep 16, 2003, 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Raced many Neons here in Houston... have yet to see one modded or not that was worth anything. I always walk them from the dig or roll. Turbo or not its still a neon
Old Sep 16, 2003, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

If you drive a stock evo, it would be hard to beat some of the cars out there unless you launch hard and right. C&D claims the stock evo street start (5-60mph) is 6.7sec and the sti is 5.9sec (2.5L engine have better low end torque). I'm not sure what srt-4 does 5-60mph.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 04:38 AM
Evolving Member

Well since it's mostly EVO's talking and its in the EVO form I don't know if I should be talking. BUT.. as the little brother lancer owner we still get problems with just the lower class neons the Sedans and coupes. I don't know if yall have noticed that but I have. I see more and more of those guys chasing me down. I guess its because the stock power is closely related to ours except rated 16 hp higher then us. So ... Just letting the Evo's know that we(maybe just me) are takin care of those other little neons . I've raced a few my next choice is a guy at my school with a red neon that has exhaust probably few other mods, but probably wont race him till i get a few mods on my Lancer! Later guys and good luck wit the SRT-4s!
Old Sep 16, 2003, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

speakin for the lancers...my friends lancer and mine...are always targeted by modded neons, civics, and other same class cars...and i tell u this...they think they can kick our asses...well...we roll together all da time...and we show them tag team racing....

not only the evo's are targeted...but us lancers are being targeted every day because of the evo being released and a lot think...its a lancer not an evo...we can burn them....
Old Sep 16, 2003, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Tristar Racing
...I find that the younger the person, the more of a hard *** they try to be behind the wheel, especially in STIs and EVOs.
SRT's are more affordable to younger immature kids. I'm sure many SRT owners have some resentment towards imports which is why they purchased a domestic. Those factors combined, and you'll get the reactions above.

I get the ricer flyby all the time by the younger kids in their modded cars. Around here, there's just as many modded Cavaliers and Neons as imports. Haven't run into an SRT yet
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:48 AM

like kdogg said, SRT-4s are more affordable to younder audience... and majority of them that i've encountered (not just strictly SRT-4 owners) are typically immature.

i hate to blame the media, TV, or movies (2F2F) for this, but a lot of people seen those movies, shows... etc. and goes out spending some money for cosmetic mods for their car. making it look nice (majority of them overdo it and making it look rice more than anything), think they got a fast car and think they are badasses now.

Evo was a feature car in 2F2F, i still remember when the movie came out. during that time i can always see ppl all over the dealership looking @ the Evo. since ppl have the wrong attitude to begin with... they stupidly want to prove something immature.

i totally agree that SRT-4 and Evo is diff. class cars. but you have to consider the fact that 98% of the Evo owners knows car **** that's why they got the Evo (i know a 16-years old kid bought the Evo and knows nothing about cars). your typical pimple-face kid possibily know nothing about cars and just want a big HP car. advertisement sells. i've seen quite a few videos that SRT-4 walks the Evo, but that's not the point. i rather see Evo/STi runs autox, road races, or drifting events than on the drag strip because the car was made for those.

anyways, haters always ***** and complain.. and think they have something to prove. let them be, as long as you are totally 110% happy with your car. that's wat matters.

Last edited by quad3d@work; Sep 16, 2003 at 08:50 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Inferiority complex, can you blame em?

Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:54 AM

I personally don't care for the SRT-4 and the crowd they draw. It always seems to be younger kids. I can't blame them for wanting it, as it's cheap HP, but they have to realize just because they have some HP that they aren't invincible. I have destroyed a few myself that wanted to race, but it wasn't even close.