Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

aftermarket seats?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The seat behind the driver seat is rendered useless while the harness is set up. The stock belt is still "functional", I can pop the rear seat up and hide the harness underneath the seat, but the stock belt doesn't fit that well across the seat as the side supports are massive. If you haven't seen the Pro 2000 in person, or sat in it, the side supports are HUGE, and there is virtually no lateral movement when your'e strapped in. The harness is mounted to the stock mount for the left rear female buckle. It's actually a perfect mounting position, without having a cage of course. As far as it not being "worth it"...well I track this car, and IMO it's the best mod I can think of...keeping the most important piece of a car, the driver, well secured is more important that suspension, engine, or other mods. That's my take. And the Sparco's are VERY, i repeat, VERY affordable compared to Bride seats. If all your'e interested in is the JDM bling factor go spend $3,000 on some carbon/kevlar Bride's, or you can spend about $800 for the same support while only giving up about 2 lbs in weight difference. Oh, and the Pro 2000 does come in carbon fiber as well...$1500 per. Sorry for the long post, my .02
Old Sep 16, 2003, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not planning to purchase any aftermarket seats for my Evo in the near future, since these seats are supportive and grippy for me. It's perfect since I'm 5'6 so I don't encounter many of the fitment issues most of the tall people on here do.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 09:18 PM

so are you planing on selling the stock ones then?
Old Sep 17, 2003, 02:06 AM

so where could I get the FQ-300 seats? front and rear? I'm really interested in those sinse they are black and yellow and my car is yellow so yea. any ideas on where.....? money is not an issue.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Ricardon, How did you mount that pro 2000? The seat is side mount but it looks like you bottom mounted it somehow? I'd love to get some info as I am aquiring a sparco rev seat for track days and it is also side mount just like the pro2000.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old Sep 21, 2003, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

The Sparco can be mounted either with a side mount or on a slider. I put a sliding mount in because my roommate drives the car and he is significantly shorter than I am. The bracket is a normal sparco sliding bracket that was modified by RMR to sit lower than normal.