Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My wheel fell off!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya i'm pretty sure its like 5-6 for a jdm plus shipping and an oem is like 7-8 so it equals out to be about the same $$
Old Feb 2, 2009, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

He will have to have the rear crash beam modified as well if he want's to keep it.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Unless they are cutting your a check like insurance you'll be getting what comes with your USDM car.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't mind the people taking the lugnuts "off" with an impact gun ( personally I'd rather not see one of those things near my wheels period ), but they can take the extra time hand tightening them with a 4way or something. The tire place that I use now lets me take the wheels off and reinstall them myself. Now, if they'd just let me align my car myself...

The last tire place that I went to, I told the person they could use my tq wrench and he just gave me the "deer in the headlights" look. Needless to say, I put the wheels back on myself and never used their services again. There are countless rednecks employed there who watch entirely too much NASCAR. Its just a case of "monkey see, monkey do".

Next time you see one of those rednecks at a tire place, just offer them a Mt. Dew if they let you put the wheels back on. I'm sure they'll oblige.

I'm sure you've all seen this, but Ron White does a bit about Sears and his van wheel falling off, its HILARIOUS!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:38 AM
Account Disabled

*******s i dont trust those people with my car
Evolved Member

Thanks bro I needed a good story this morning. Yours did it. Good luck
Former Sponsor

sorry to hear about that, atleast they took responsibility
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Ever since I had a complete set of TrakLites destroyed from my 2G, I refuse to take any of my cars and/or wheels to anyone except for me or doing it somewhere I know someone.

About the JDM stuff I highly doubt that you'll be able to get it through the dealership, but if you can good job. Prices were up to ~6-650 near the end of summer here, so I bet they're higher than that with the economy being about as reliable as a meth-dependent hooker.

Last edited by Bggstin; Feb 2, 2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:46 AM
Account Disabled

Hey now, there aint anything wrong with a bunch of rednecks that watch NASCAR!! I happen to be one of them. Granted, I do have to give it to you that there are a bunch that dont know their heads from their a$$. Those are the ones that go muddin and snap their axle housing and fix it with duct tape. Crap, I guess I have done that before.. If I dont have to fix something on\offroad and can do it home, its done right. I am right there with yall, I will let only a few people that I know really know their stuff touch any of my vehicles.

+1 for you man. If it had been me, I would have lost it and beat the guy unconscious
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Good luck! I hope they pay you!! I had a accident where the front headlight (one) was scraped on my IX MR and with what the Insurance gave me, I was only $100.00 short of the cost of: JDM VIII Head lights (BOTH!!)...So, I chipped-in on got them! I say go with that JDM Rear Bumper!! Again, BEST of LUCK!! Let us know what happens!!

Lastly, sorry, you might NOT want to look at photos of your car messed-up, but it's EVIDENCE!! TAKE PHOTOS!!! Just in case this has to go a step further, you are covered!! It has helped me tremondously!! I keep an old 'point & shoot' camera in my car...

Last edited by NJ9MR; Feb 2, 2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

dam bro that really sux.... well i'd sue the shop and make some pretty good amount of money
Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:45 AM

I'm actually surprised at how accomodating the manager was. I am dead serious, I've known many shops where they wouldn't have taken any resonsibility for that and say it was your fault somehow. Accountability is rare these days.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Juan Martinez
I'd sue also, I'd be like, that hurt my back, my neck and my back.
This is another reason why this country is going down a steep hill.

Sorry to hear about your car. Definitely report them to the BBB. If it is a franchise of Goodyear, it might not hurt to call their main office so they are aware too.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:28 AM

hey at least your not this guy!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4m41viy4I

sry to hear what happened man!!!! JDM bumper ftw!!!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

You are lucky you didn't go on the freeway and have your wheel fall off. A friend of mine did, the car got messed up pretty bad as you can imagine, the front drivers side wheel fell off while going 65. (luckily he didn't hit any other cars, he was ok, and he didn't drive an Evo).
Also, when i bought a set of new tires at discount tire, while they were lifting my evo up, the idiot didn't set the lift arm correctly, and it pushed up on the sideskirt. The sideskirt popped off on one side. I was like WTF. Luckily it is flexible and didn't break. It popped right back in.
I recommend if you take your car somewhere, stand next to the car while they do the work, that way you can catch any mistakes like this.
I'm not even done yet. This was a few years back, i took my eclipse for an alignment at pep boys. Long story short, they messed up my alignment, and it took them from friday morning til saturday morning, they first said theres a lot fo cars in front of me so i had to wait; then they said their alignment machine broke and had a guy trying to fix it. So by the end of the day, i said give me my car i'm going somewhere else, but they couldn't give it to me until saturday morning because they closed the shop, i was like wtf. The car was pulling to the left like crazy (i had just gotten new tires on it). Took it to belle tire, they fixed it right up.
Good luck with your car.

Quick Reply: My wheel fell off!!!!!