Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My wheel fell off!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, that's probably the worst thing I can imagine in my life right now besides someone in my family dying... My fiance says that I love my car more than I love her....

But, that being said, I'm sitting in Anatomy and Physiology right now and between your story (and your reaction) and that video of the guy autoxing, I'm really having a hard time not laughing my a** off!!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

are they paying for you to have like a rent a car??
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about this. You were civil compared to how I would of reacted if this happened to me. Since you took it to the dealership I don't think they will do the jdm rear thing since its not a usdm part and that it doesn't properly fit over the rear crash beam which they def won't mess with to make it fit. If it was at another shop then this could be done.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Make sure you keep a copy of the manager admitting responsibility. That will come into play when the insurance companies get involved, especially if their shop's insurance company doesn't want to pay out and tries to blame it on your driving (which can happen).
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Martinez
Report them to the better business bueru. Let all your friends know about them. I'd sue also, I'd be like, that hurt my back, my neck and my back.
I'd sue them if they didn't acknowldege the mistake they made but for this case, the manager wrote the note saying they are liable for the damages so I think it's even.

Sad to hear what happened.... It'd be nice if all 4 wheels came off so you can get all new wheels, rotors, bumpers and axles
Old Feb 2, 2009, 05:35 PM

hey guys.. again, thanks for all the support.. so i talked to the guy who actually owns the tire place. he knows that the company is responsible and thier insurance company is going to give the dealership the go ahead to start making repairs.. and a little side note - the fat boy who messed my car is now fired!! so thats a little consulation anyway.
i also talked to the dealership guy.. he says i dont need a new axle.. but if i want one.. he could just say that i do and we could get one.. i told him "anything you want to do, do it" i kinda figure that the more money the tire place has to pay, the better i'll feel.. oh, and its a no-go with the jdm rear.. the guy said since i took it to a dealership, they can only put oem parts on (ie, from the factory).
oh, and the insurance guy told me he would pay for a rental car, but i told him i'm driving my brothers truck. so he says he will just pay me cash the equivalent of rental fees for the duration of however long the car is the the shop.. $30 a day i think is what is said..
so, it looks like everything is going ok.. and i might even come out ahead of the situation.. as long as i get it back in time for the auto-x school in march that i've already paid for..
Old Feb 2, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
^ Glad to hear that all parties are pretty cooperative. The store isn't going to cry over how much it costs, seeing how their liability limits are usually in the seven-figure range (I work in insurance), and if the dealership threw in a new axle it really wouldn't matter to the store.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:24 PM

Good to hear it is all going good. Man that will make me think alot more about who i will alow to take my tiers on and off.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:32 PM

good to hear everything is working fine.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

**** that really sucks i dont even know what i would've done to that guy. whenever someone is working on my car my heart starts to race haha its so scary. At least your getting it repaired and it will be as good as new very soon! Good luck the rest of the way!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

damn dude sorry to hear about that. At least the manager agreed to pay for it. I couldnt imagine why he wouldnt cause you'd sue him in a heartbeat. Hope that redneck gets his ***** lopped off for doing that.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

WOW THATS FRIGGEN CRAZY good thing it wasnt me i carry a gun on me and i prolly would have just started shooting lmao jk but damn dude that sucks well id make them pay for it all and go through insurance and get a fresh new paint job!!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Majuljo
hey at least your not this guy!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4m41viy4I

sry to hear what happened man!!!! JDM bumper ftw!!!
good lord!! yeah at least i'm not that guy. make sure you bring your torque wrenches guys!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

hahahahaha that blows
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that. Atleast it didnt happen on the highway and even better luck it happen in sight of the shop that way they can't say it was foul play on ur part. Good luck.

Quick Reply: My wheel fell off!!!!!