Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My wheel fell off!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My wheel fell off!!!!!

so i would like to share a story and vent a little bit about what happened earlier this weekend when i went to get my wheels balanced.
to make a very long, very aggrivating story short. i went to a shop (Moore's Goodyear in Shreveport, if your ever in the area) to get my wheels balanced as one or more of the wieghts had come off. everything was going fine untill i noticed the redneck they had working on my baby.. i should have said something when i saw him leaning on the car.. while it was on the lift.. but i didnt. figuring if i did, he would probably mess something up on purpose.
so, first problem, the idiot tried starting the lugnuts with the air gun and completely cross threaded everything.. meaning they had to get some sent over from the local parts store.. i say "fine, whatever, just make sure that guy doesn't do it again" they say "yes sir"
so i'm already 30 minutes behind schedule WHEN THEY DO THE SAME THING AGAIN!!!!!!!! only this time to a different wheel.. by this time i'm pretty hot and the manager can tell.. so he tells me that this will all be half price.. which calms me down a little bit... enough to not go ape s**t crazy on the guy, anyway.
ok,,so, here we are 1 hour later than expected and the evo is finally ready.. with apologies from the manager, i take my keys, say "thanks for nothing" and i'm out the door
as i leave the parking lot and pull onto the road.... my right rear wheel pops right off!!
didnt even make 50 ft!! which resulted in tearing my rear bumper half way off as well, i stop immediatly, get out, check the damage, and by this time, i'm seeing red. every person who works in the shop is staring at the spectacle that just happened in front of them.. i start yelling at the fat b****rd, and started cussing him in ways i didnt even know where possible. he, pretictably, just stood there, with his mouth and eyes wide open, saying nothing.
while this was going on, the manager literally ran out to the street and immediatly got every worker in the shop to clean up and try to put in back together enough to at least get out of the street..
anyway, had it towed to the dealership while the manager hand wrote me a note saying that his shop is liable for the damages, etc. gave me my money back and the number to the guy that owns the shop..
when this is done, my ride gets there and i give redneck the hardest flipping off that i can.
get to the dealership and they tell me they can fix everything no proplem, getting a new rotor, new studs, new wheel, new rear bumper, and possibly axle, they're going to take it apart tommorow and see if it needs it.. i'll keep you guys posted if your interested..

wow, i guess that was longer than i anticipated.. sorry about that.. guess i really needed to vent..anyway thanks for reading
P.S. stay away from (moore goodyear!!!)
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Report them to the better business bueru. Let all your friends know about them. I'd sue also, I'd be like, that hurt my back, my neck and my back.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, man, that's ridiculous. Sorry. Do keep us updated. Good luck.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey atleast they took responsibility for their mistake... they said that they were paying for it right? some places wont go that far... saying once you drive it, you are the responsible party... i guess theres some light on your rainy day?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

That's really unfortunate. It's really only the guy who was working on your car's fault--the manager seemed like he did everything he could from what I'm reading. Suing is a little bit too much I'd say.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

WOW you got owned sorry to hear what happened hopefully everything gets taken care of and they take full responsibility
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn that sucks! well hope everything gets sorted out!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

Man that just sounds horrible, Pissis me off too cause when I was getting new tires on my car this dumb A$$ droped one of my wheels on the floor. I kept my cool because it felt on top of a tire and then hit the floor, just reminds me why I dont let other people touch my car.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:11 AM

thanks guys.. yeah i think suing is a little much.. probably wouldn't get away with it since everyone saw me jump out and curse that guy.. hopefully it will all get sorted out... as long as the money comes through to pay for the damage. then i dont forsee a problem. timing just sucks.. this soon before the auto-x season. oh well, we'll see what happens. thanks for the kind words guys..
-J
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

JDM Rear time
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:42 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
pics of the damage?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

ya i dont think you should report them as long everything gets paid for, sounds to me like they are a good company just have an idiot working there who hopefully got fired after all that, sorry to hear about your car and hope everything works out good, go get a jdm rear bumber lol
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:11 AM

thought about taking pics.. but i knew it would only **** me that much more everytime i looked at them.. not hard to imagine though.. half torn off rear-end, crushed in exhaust tip, slightly bent rotor and rear fender..
see, right now i'm getting mad just typing it..

oh, i asked the dealership guy about the jdm rear, he says "depends on how much the tire place is going to pay" so we'll see... i dont really care, as long as it gets fixed
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:19 AM
Evolved Member

the jdm is cheaper than an oem so i dont see why you couldnt get it
Old Feb 2, 2009, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by D-Mon3y69
the jdm is cheaper than an oem so i dont see why you couldnt get it

really? i didnt know that. i'll be sure to bring that up to the dealership. thanks. i always wanted a jdm rear.

Quick Reply: My wheel fell off!!!!!