Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Body kit reviews?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Body kit reviews?

i am going to be ordering a front bumper and CF hood (preferably, OEM can work to).

i saw multiple body kit suppliers and i am speaking with a few.

Any one ever bought from ExtremeDimensions? ViS Racing? DeftRacing?

trying to get some feedback, i need the stuff shipped to FL by next Friday. so urgency is required.

Give me some reviews please. or suggestions where to buy from!

Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't go with VIS, bad fitment and overall just bad. extreme dimensions.. well you get what you pay for. deftracing, i have no idea. i do no not personally own an evo YET.. but i have dealt seen in person many of Voltex, Chargespeed etc and they are completely perfect.

save up and go for quality.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:27 PM

don't go with VIS, bad fitment and overall just bad. extreme dimensions.. well you get what you pay for. deftracing, i have no idea. i do no not personally own an evo YET.. but i have dealt seen in person many of Voltex, Chargespeed etc and they are completely perfect.

save up and go for quality.
bump for more...any reviews on the seibon CF hood?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I remember my friends used to joke around about VIS, saying it stood for Vietnamese Imported ****. A lot of my friends back in the day who were really into body kits and stuff (meaning that they actually did work with them, not just gawking at their ads in magazines) said that a lot of their products are really sub-par.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Voltex are sick. as is the Do luck and the APR widebody kit
Old Feb 5, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Lol, I bought my carbon fiber hood off ebay, it was like 650$ + shipping, it fit perfectly.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

go with chargespeed for body kit, i have it and it fits perfect, went on real easy!!!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol ok here goes I bought a body kit like 1 month ago from my 350z straight fron VIZ the reps were very helpiful sent me pics of stock etc called be back like 4 times etc. to me they went above and beyond service. NOW the shipping was lighting fast and now for condition. the rear bumper was perfect but the front bumper was cracked in various spots and some of the fiberglassing was to be desired. I had to buy a fiberglass touch up kit to make it presentable then for the painting the body kit was so ROUGH it required extra time by the toyota dealer to paint and make it smooth then gel coat etc. so cost around 985 for the kit and 1200 to paint the kit from viz. I just recently this month bought my ati full body kit for my EVO and my jdm rear bumper. i got the kit from andysautosport check them out. The shipping was lighting quick and the over all condition of the body kit was better than my Z kit was from VIZ. now for the painting its all the same man. the kit was rough required extra work to get it smooth enough to paint period. costing 1500.65 for that ill be getting it back tomorrow finally after 3 weeks of waiting. the JDM REAR was perfect of course being already painted and all . ALL in bby of course. ill post pics once its done but buying a body kit is the easy part its painting it that is the pain in the A$$. so expect to pay more to paint it then the kit cost if its a quality paint job not a fly by night.

P.S. DONT EVER CONSIDER ORDERING A KIT FROM BODYKITS.COM THEY ARE HORRIBLE WITH THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I BOUGHT MY 350Z KIT FROM THEM FIRST AND IT WAS OUT OF STOCK AFTER A MONTH OF WAITING I CONTACT THEM TO FIND OUT TO DEMAND MY MONEY BACK ONCE SENT BACK I CALLED VIZ UP AND GOT MY KIT.

Last edited by RockmanX; Feb 5, 2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:28 PM

Varis!!!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't recommend VIS or Extreme dimensions. I used to be into Honda's and those kits fit like ****. Go with C-West or Chargespeed etc. You do get what you pay for as far as quality and fitment. As far as Seibon CF hoods, I know plenty who have them and they have no complaints.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 09:14 AM

ok so i got an OEM hoos, just need a front bumper till i get one when i go to Japan in 2 months.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

i dont know where you got your viz kit from lol but the fitment of the viz kit was perfect for me it was just painting it was the problem lots of extra work to get it ready to be painted it all. most body kits are the same not just a easy sand and shoot application prepare to spend some money unless you know somebody.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:20 AM

prep and paint is not a problem! my neighbour owns a body shop
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

shoot then knock it out hommie i let toyota dealer paint all my stuff. i get a small discount but at least my parts are painted to prefection i dont mine paying as long as its a perfect job they always take care of me
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Never, EVER, EVER buy anything from VIS. I (very stupidly) purchased a VIS carbon fiber hood from a vendor on Ebay for my 1G DSM. What arrived, not only did not fit, it was actually a hood for an entirely different car. I examined the model number stamped on the product, and called VIS. They said that the model # was correct for a 1G DSM, however the hood dimensions were obviously made for a different car. I had no idea what car the hood was really designed for. Almost a year went by, and VIS refused to give me a refund, the vendor refused to give me a refund...it was a nightmare. Just by dumb luck, my girlfriend at the time (who knew nothing about cars) took a look at the hood, and said it looks like a miata hood. I took the dimensions of the hood and compared it to that of a miata, and it was indeed a miata hood! I sold it to a mazda track enthusiast for $300 (I paid $500 with shipping, so I lost out a little) and that was that, lesson learned. DON'T BUY FROM VIS!!!

Quick Reply: Body kit reviews?