Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

non-mitsu warranty

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
non-mitsu warranty

i bought my car from a small car dealer and added to optional warrnty thing, and jut wondering if anyone else has done this and if its easier to get away woth mods then a regualr mistu warranty??
thanks guys
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I added a 3 year 30k mile warranty when I got mine a few weeks ago. I havnt had to use it for anything, but I have wondered how well it will cover repairs, if any?

Anthony
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

yeah me to hopefully someone can fill us in on it
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Usually in your situation, you are buying a contract from some third party, which is likely an insurance company of some sort. They have a ton of fine print and a lot of rules, so you really should read your contract, and then pray they honor it. You may be able to get away with more mods, but it depends on that fine print. And actually getting something covered may force you through a lot of hoops. I have been through this process with other cars, and it can be a bit of a hassle.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

oo thats weak, i hope i dont have to use it, im not going to unless something big happens so hopefully thats doesnt... thnaks
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Thats what i am doing too. Im only gonna use if like the tranny or something really expensive that I don't want to pull off either!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

yeah exactly what i would do
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:48 PM

They will not cover...
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i bought my car in '06 at 8,000 miles and they offered me a 100,000 mile or 7 year extended with universal underwriters for $1900. pretty good deal if only for the peace of mind. i'm at 46,000 now and haven't had a single issue yet. i do the majority of the maintenance myself so i haven't had the pleasure of having some place work on it. my 60k is coming up so i may take it to san rafael mitsubishi or works to have it done. i worked at a dealership and have found that they will cover things, but they will ask if the car has been modified.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

probably a third party insurance company that will communicate with mitsu for any warranty related issues
Old Feb 6, 2009, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heavens turbo
i bought my car in '06 at 8,000 miles and they offered me a 100,000 mile or 7 year extended with universal underwriters for $1900. pretty good deal if only for the peace of mind. i'm at 46,000 now and haven't had a single issue yet. i do the majority of the maintenance myself so i haven't had the pleasure of having some place work on it. my 60k is coming up so i may take it to san rafael mitsubishi or works to have it done. i worked at a dealership and have found that they will cover things, but they will ask if the car has been modified.
yeah same thing i did just dont wanna ever have to use it
Old Feb 6, 2009, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

In my experience you will end up taking the car in cause you have a problem with the right rear brake and they will say...whoa whoa whoa...we cant cover that cause you have an intake. You obviously drive too aggressively. Warranties are a waste unless you are leaving your car completely untouched.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

OK, first off what type of extended service contract is it? Inclusionary or Exclusionary coverage? This does make a difference. I sell E.S.C. for a living doing financing. I am actually probably going to buy one myself this or next year. I have basic bolt-ons, hopefully soon cams and IC with piping.

To tell you exactly if you got good coverage is impossible though without knowing the type of coverage you have.

Most exclusionary coverages should be ok, even with bolt-ons.

STevo
Old Feb 6, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you know, i just called the extended warrantee people and they said that if the place you take it to, (basically any repair shop), if they are willing to make a claim to universal underwriters, they will cover the vehicle, no questions asked. they said, however that some auto repair places won't always make the claim, or will hassle you for mods, so it will depend on who you take it too as well. i specifically asked about the transfer case and they said no problem! heh heh. they said they will only ask for service records if there was a catastrophic failure, like engine seizing or something like that, if it is deemed abuse or neglect. hopefully, when the time comes, they will still be as nice.