Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

engine and suspension datalogging ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2009, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine and suspension datalogging ?

hi all , anyone know which datalogger that can log suspension , track and engine software to analyse the suspension data ... thxs
Old Feb 6, 2009, 09:21 PM

Any datalogger that lets you add your own sensors should work. Maybe start by looking at a DL1 or MQ200 system.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the innovate logworks with an LMA-3 and string sensors will do what you want, there is some information on this topic in their forums.

However, let me warn you, finding information on suspension reactions and deciphering the information is a complex issue.

As an example, I tried to determine the suspension movement due to aero mods, and as far as I could determine the indicated movement was within the suspension's normal rested to exercised travel.

I could get lots of readable information on road quality (maybe the DOT will be interested) , and how hard I turned/braked, but a rate of change of a half inch was all I normally found, from at speed to stopped, in suspension travel. Unfortunately that was about what the suspension moved from a car sitting overnight to a car that had been recently driven.

Plus, I guess there are some complex reactions of the suspension to horse power being added to the equation.

Lastly a car sprong (sp) for track will likely show even less travel and thus be harder to define.

(sorry, just noticed you were out of country, DOT is the people who wait for the road to crumble before they fix it)

Last edited by nothere; Feb 8, 2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 06:33 AM

thxs guys .... haha .... i do drop by torrance , CA ... once in a while .... roads are not too bad compared to places like INDIA .... i was think of collecting track suspension data to built a set of proper dampers ... i think there is something about damping for 70% of the frequency
Old Feb 10, 2009, 07:31 PM

this is interesting maybe a shop with a track car chime in and lets us know how they do it