Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX SSL: $33,000.00 MSRP, $1000.00 Theif-paper front seats, NO ALARM!?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Evo IX SSL: $33,000.00 MSRP, $5,000.00 Thief-Paper Front Seats, NO ALARM!?

Search is not working, I don't know why, so... not knowing how common this knowlege is here... I post it my story.

This morning I woke up to find the small window in my right-rear door smashed and my All Black Leather Recaros missing (Pics to follow). In my driveway 40 feet off the road. Under the damn motion-sensing lights.

After the cops processed the scene (fingerprints and all that) I tried to figure out how they disabled my alarm (I assumed I had an alarm since the thing beeps at me whenever I lock the damn doors).

WHY THE HELL DON'T WE TELL PEOPLE THEIR FIRST MOD ON AN EVO IX SHOULD BE A DECENT ALARM SYSTEM!? Or do we?

WTF, OVER!?

This happened in the Douglas Park neighborhood of Arlington, VA (22204) near Shirlington two blocks from the intersection of Four Mile Run and South Walter Reed Dr in the neighborhood.

I will pay for information leading to arrest or recovery.

Please keep your eyes peeled for someone selling these seats in the Washington DC/Metro Area.

BTW does anyone know exactly what model of Recaros they are?

What I would give to have caught them in the act...

Last edited by wjamyers; May 11, 2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly from my experience the seats will probably be used by thief(and or friends of) and not be up sale.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that and the beep u hears is not a alarm its just telling u that it locked
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

man that really stinks sorry to hear about that.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarrett 03
sorry to hear that and the beep u hears is not a alarm its just telling u that it locked
YUP
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sucks! sorry to hear. I have had many breakins, had the cops come out, fingerprint, etc. and nothin came from it! If theyre not in the system already... GL w/ finding those guys.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to heard that bro. Good luck with everything
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted up with pics later and any "developments". As if there'll be any.

BTW, anyone have pics of these all black leather SSL seats? Know the part number? I don't know why search is not working for me.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Did they grab the front and rear recaros? That sucks hard man! You prolly wont want them back even if they do catch the scum using them now. What did your insurance say?
Evolving Member

The Evo always attracts that kind of attention....And many times, many people become very jealous of our Evo's. It's a high-performance car that always catches attention.....Even though it's just a Mitsubishi, the look of the Evo just screams "performance"....And unfortunately vehicles, like the Evo, can't avoid that sort of negative attention. Me saying all this doesn't change what happened to your Evo.....But I still feel very bad for you, and I hope it doesn't ever happen to me.
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear your car was broken into, but you seriously "assumed" there was an alarm? Come on man.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

You shouldn't have assumed anything. No, our cars don't have alarms from the factory. Plus, if your getting an alarm you want to get a good aftermarket one. Some people feel they don't need one for multiple different factors such as how much they drive their Evo, where they live, where they park, etc.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 01:04 PM

Damn That sucks dude... hope the insurance comp. pays for some new seats but yea tho..

No alarm it sucks man ! Im always worrie where i park my car

GL fiding the people !
Old Feb 12, 2009, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

damn dude that suck and its nice as hell up there compared to norfolk sorry dude
Old Feb 12, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

I have had close calls on all my cars But they have never succeeded but I am left with damage to fix .. But BMW Was the worst.. They ended up my braking my driver door handle and ruining the passenger door and Trunk Locks. Oh and Scratch the crap out of both my windows Ya for BMW's being hard to break into lol.. And Expensive to fix lol.. But ya Its a bummer to have something like that happen man... The best part about My BMW is It didn't have a battery or computer and the Stereo system was all taken out too So there wouldn't have been anything to steal or the car wouldn't run I think it was someone who saw the car driving a few days before and followed me home and it has Limo tinted windows too.. But as far as my Evos there have been a few close calls but My House is in a very well lit area with My Dad sleeps in the Front Bedroom window open and always with his Shotgun loaded and his .45 Hand gun under his pillow and he is a light sleeper He has Pulled it out on a few people trying to do something to one of are cars and dealing drugs in are back yard I'm thankful for him as Security and my German Shepherd

But I plan to invest into a good security system soon.. Or when and if something happened I'm covered for everything I have into my car which is a + with my Insurance

Last edited by Evolution IVGSR; Feb 12, 2009 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo IX SSL: $33,000.00 MSRP, $1000.00 Theif-paper front seats, NO ALARM!?