Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How will pruven Evo do in SCC USCC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2003, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How will pruven Evo do in SCC USCC?

i've been hearing a lot about this event and reading about black pruven Evo al mentions. i know that al is very fast and therefore it's safe to assume pruven's Evo will be no slouch. however, i know that the competition this year is NO JOKE!!! someone mentioned how pruven was fourth w/ a drag car. but you have to remember that scc event is really raising the bar every year. remember first year was "dominated" by a stock ferrari!!! it would have been killed by pmum's viper, even if Rhys Millen drove it. so you can't judge what's gonna happen this year based on last. i'm not trying to discredit pruven, i'm sure they are a good tuner. however, from what i hear competition is WAY too much. here is why i think they won't finish in top 3.(maybe they will do fourth again)

firstly, there is, as always, a MONSTER skyline. i think it will have 640whp or something like that. hard to beat a well-tuned skyline w/ a EVO. secondly, there will be a viper that puts out nearly 900whp. enought said. thirdly, ultima GTR w/ bmw v12 will be in it. honestly, i love EVO and all, but c'mon... you tell me if you think puven will have a chance against those three. only way pruven will beat any of those three is if one or all of the three break down or can't drive. just my opinion though. i'm willing to change my opinion if you give me a good reason. what do you guys think? how will EVO stack up against these cars?

ps- i'm not sure but i think there is also a mega hp supra(why not? there was one in every event!) that should be tough to beat.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 01:59 AM
Former Sponsor

well when i was at Pruven the other day i spoke to one of them about there car and im impressed of what they are doing...
i dont want to get into detail but im guessing a faster 1/4 than their last one... more streetable...... better handling b/c its not a full drag setup from their last one.. full weight and with a sound system...

IMO they will place better than 4th last year
and they placed 4th with a drag car!!!! compared to the other cars with circuit track tuned suspension
Old Sep 18, 2003, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry dude, but a highly tuned EVO will most likely take a tuned Skyline, simply due the the pig weight of the Skyline.. Just like a Supra, it's fast as hell, but cannot handle as well as the EVO...
Old Sep 18, 2003, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know much about the Pruven EVO VIII, but the Norris Design EVO was up against Skylines in TOTB 2003 (Ten of the Best) in the UK and did not win the event. A Skyline won the event.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...highlight=totb

Pics:
http://www.iabg06817.pwp.blueyonder....b03/totb03.htm

Last edited by blitz118; Sep 18, 2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A lot of the contest depends on things like streetability, the grandma factor, which may not bode well for hard tuned Vipers and Skylines (or EVO's either for that matter) so a few of the tests won't neccessarily go to the top performing car. It didn't take 900hp for the Ferrari to win, so if the Viper can't exactly put it to good use, it won't matter.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i know for a fact that if the pruven evo does not break it will place within the top 2

yes i did say 2, as in 2nd place or first.

it is not a typo

i said it first remember me well you guys. if the pruven evo motor does not break they will place 1st or 2nd. PERIOD

I HAVE SEEN THE BEAST IT IS AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, BREATH TAKING, PRICELESS, FAST LOOKING, FAST PROVING, VISUALLY STIMULATING, AND PLAIN AND SIMPLY IF THIS CAR DOES NOT PLACE IN FIRST OR SECOND, (IF THE MOTOR DID NOT BREAK) IT HAD TO BE A MIRACLE FOR WHOEVER BEAT THE PRUVEN EVO.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Jonasan50
Sorry dude, but a highly tuned EVO will most likely take a tuned Skyline, simply due the the pig weight of the Skyline.. Just like a Supra, it's fast as hell, but cannot handle as well as the EVO...
i agree if you assume neither will break down! but when you are talking about mega hp, bigger and more robust rb engine will have more chance of withstanding the high hp over 4g63. i don't even like skylines, but you have to give credit to their motor when there are 1000hp skylines on the STREETS(of japan). i don't ever see that happening for street EVO. i know it's not just about hp, but in the past events Skylines have been amazing despite its weight.

about 900hp Viper, i heard the driver is actually quite good. and it's supercharged, so i assume it'll be easier to drive than mega hp turbo. and remember how well viper did last year on drivability.

it will be so cool to see EVO win or place 2nd though. that will prove that careful engineering can overcome displacement!
Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ModenaTwinTurbo
i know for a fact that if the pruven evo does not break it will place within the top 2

yes i did say 2, as in 2nd place or first.

it is not a typo

i said it first remember me well you guys. if the pruven evo motor does not break they will place 1st or 2nd. PERIOD

I HAVE SEEN THE BEAST IT IS AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, BREATH TAKING, PRICELESS, FAST LOOKING, FAST PROVING, VISUALLY STIMULATING, AND PLAIN AND SIMPLY IF THIS CAR DOES NOT PLACE IN FIRST OR SECOND, (IF THE MOTOR DID NOT BREAK) IT HAD TO BE A MIRACLE FOR WHOEVER BEAT THE PRUVEN EVO.
Nice reply, i love your spirit! but i will take you on your claim. you only stated if Evo doesn't break which isn't saying much. according to your claim, everyone else can breakdown and EVO can come in first! i say, if none of the cars i mentioned breaks or has trouble, Evo won't place higher than 4th. but i will be cheering for EVO!!! i want underdog to win. you know what, i take that back. if any car breaks down in the contest, then it's inferior to surviving cars!!! so if they break, they lose. Evo or other cars! so i don't think we take out the condition "if so and so doesn't break..." if your car is well built, it won't break. if it does, then it's one-run wonder, and not an ultimate street car.

btw, who's driving the car? i hope it's not driven by some drag racer who can't turn. that will be a huge waste.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can only tell you that the pruven evo would eat mine up like it was standing still - - its one very fast and amazing evo

Lets hope they get it done in time !
Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
I can only tell you that the pruven evo would eat mine up like it was standing still - - its one very fast and amazing evo

Lets hope they get it done in time !
hi al,
i've read many of your posts. it was especially fun how you "fight" w/ people that put you down. good luck w/ your on-going "fight."

from what i read though, your car is a drag/street car. and i thought pruven car was track/street car.(by track i mean road racing) so you are saying that their track oriented car will smoke you in 1/4? that will be very impressive. i don't think other people in the challenge thinks of EVO as a contender, so pruven has an element of surprise on their side. just tell them to make it reliable! w/ so many high hp cars this year, i'm beginning to think many will drop out.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The black Pruven evo will make alomost 100 whp more than mine - its a very very fast evo

It uses the proto type www.dynoflash.com reflash
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

You would think, since this is an EVO forum and Pruven is a registered vendor, that we would get first dibs on any pics, specs, etc. on Pruven's EVO.

Somebody needs to tell Pruven to hop on here and gives us a heads up !!!
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
The black Pruven evo will make alomost 100 whp more than mine - its a very very fast evo

It uses the proto type www.dynoflash.com reflash
whoa! i can only hope that it's as drivable and reliable as your car... they are really pushing the limits of street 4g63 if you asked me... your car has nearly 600whp so it make pruven black evo near 700whp!!! holy cow. isn't that the most hp ever on any street going EVO? wait, is that on pump gas??? 93 octane?

btw, al i always wanted to ask. you claim you are the fastest and streetable. but your 11 sec times are not on pump gas. so how fast/powerful is your car on pump gas? i just feel that streetable should mean on pump gas and street tire. otherwise, i can drive a champ car on the street once(like in the movie driven) and claim the world's fastest street-driven car!!! i'm not talking trash, i just honestly wanna know how fast your car is in full-street set-up.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hey flat six turbo i am rewriting my post just for you

if none of the cars on that contest break, saying that they all perform without MECHANICAL FLAWS, the pruven evo IS going to place second or first.

once again i am much more than confident on this. it is going to happen this way (unless the mitsu motor doesnt let go)

the set up on that car is very ingenious. the fuel delivery (driveablity of a factory evo, and the fuel economy of a factory evo) and the car's sound system, along with the suspension, and the supper extremely light weight wheels. and not to mention the other 600 little things called horsepower that it will be laying down really good to the fontana tarmac. and also it will pass the emissions idle test. boy o boy are we all in for an insane surpirse here with this car.

my friends i am not joking this car is insane. you guys could just go to pruven and see it as it is coming along. they are very cool over there, they'll tell you whats going on with it and everything specially if you are a mitsubishi owner. dan is very friendly. and so are the rest of the guys.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by FlatSixTurbo

whoa! i can only hope that it's as drivable and reliable as your car... they are really pushing the limits of street 4g63 if you asked me... your car has nearly 600whp so it make pruven black evo near 700whp!!! holy cow. isn't that the most hp ever on any street going EVO? wait, is that on pump gas??? 93 octane?

btw, al i always wanted to ask. you claim you are the fastest and streetable. but your 11 sec times are not on pump gas. so how fast/powerful is your car on pump gas? i just feel that streetable should mean on pump gas and street tire. otherwise, i can drive a champ car on the street once(like in the movie driven) and claim the world's fastest street-driven car!!! i'm not talking trash, i just honestly wanna know how fast your car is in full-street set-up.
I completely agree. I am tired of this term "street" car. How can it be a street car if it costs 70 dollars to fill with gas, and if everything has to be removed everytime a race comes up?