Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Evo IX Owner; already having issues.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yay for warranty!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

^+1 lol.... great stuff... as far as buying from your original dealer 500mi away... when u bought your AS-IS ur guaranteed a 30 day return period by law.... just turn it back in and claim ur money minus that months payment...
Old Feb 19, 2009, 02:01 PM

I am in the middle of dealing with a buy back right now, and have been talking with a lawyer friend. Start contacting the dealership you got the car from, complaining and telling them you want it bought back. Make sure you do everything by email though, that way when they slip up, and they will, you will have written proof. Those emails will go a LONG way if it goes to court. And as far as a lawyer goes...more than likely, you'll just retain one, which is cheap, they'll write a letter to or call the dealership and once the dealership knows you mean to play hard ball, they'll get on board real quick. Key to the emails though, try not to be super ****ty in how you talk to them and don't mention getting a lawyer, just do it if necessary. Hope this helps.
Jeff
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

I wish I had a warranty, but yes there is a "Lemon Law" isnt there?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Good thing they fixed the TC issue, otherwise I would definately have contacted a lawyer and had them void any contract you would have signed, refunded any down you put and just been on the look out for another evo fitting your needs, this time checking more in detail.

But thats all water under the bridge now right, I would still be doing some write up's on this "dealer" you went to, seeing as how everyone is stuck on consumer reviews that would be my start, insuring no one else got taken by this place.

But none the less always do research, before I got into my dsm I did alot of research finding everything I could to look for or be aware of when on the quest, and when I picked mine up. Which for the most part has been an absolute trooper, 160k and still running strong on original stock motor/trans with around 300 whp, and drivin very hard.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 01:52 PM

transfer case

im looking for a used transfer case for my 2004 evo i found a acd transfer case but im not for sure if it would work on my stock evo i upgraded my clutch to a stage 2 one, so if could some one help me out on some suggestions. Please
Old Mar 13, 2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by borievoinitialD
^+1 lol.... great stuff... as far as buying from your original dealer 500mi away... when u bought your AS-IS ur guaranteed a 30 day return period by law.... just turn it back in and claim ur money minus that months payment...
Um, this is not always so.

This varies from one state to another.

Most used car sales are As-is.

Most states don't provide lemon laws for used vehicles.

The only recourse is if you had it in writing that the dealer offered a warranty, or represented it in writing as "inspected, passed a 100-point mechanical inspection, etc."

Check the state where you purchased it for their local laws on used car purchases.

And next time, get it checked, and get some kind of guarantee in writing.

sotc
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:38 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Bggstin
For all 3 ACD lights:
1) Check your TPS sensor into the throttle body.
2) Check ACD Pump. (Turn KEY on..not car, with 100% throttle, you sould hear the pump prime.)
3) Check Wheel Speed Sensors.

*If you're having idling problems too it could very well be the 1.
are the wheels speed sensors the same ones as used by the ABS? if an ABS ring has a bent tooth, and the ABS light is on... this would make the ACD lights come on as well?? mine come on if i drive on the freeway.
can you PLEASE pm me and let a brotha know? i'm having a hard time finding info on any of this info.