Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My new plate - take that X's (all in good fun)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:18 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
how about "LAST EVO"
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:20 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
btw if mitsu can sell a "470 whp" evo like the ams TA X stock, I'm in!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Who said my CT9A understeers

LASTEVO would be more fitting on a IX.

haha, its ok, the Medina PD (and area PD) are pretty friendly after we spent a day together trying to catch a runaway donkey.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hahaha touché, I love it!!

I was hoping someone would fight back with a funny anti-X license plate. Good one.

(In case anyone missed it, here's the thread for my antagonistic plate: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...nse-plate.html)
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Who said my CT9A understeers

LASTEVO would be more fitting on a IX.

haha, its ok, the Medina PD (and area PD) are pretty friendly after we spent a day together trying to catch a runaway donkey.
haha i LOVE all these clever license plates going around -

Mike, out of curiosity, a couple Q's -
have you ever tried/have/thought about getting the Tre rear diff?
and have you driven a X? Just wondering

Noize, I was wondering the same for you, for the tre rear diff?

Sorry to be a little OT!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:48 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
OK, I know its way off topic, but I have to hear this runaway donkey story, please.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

I have thought about the TRE diff - EVOlutionary has it on his car. I'd like to try it out, but I don't know how it would react on the track. Right now, its very comfortable for me to drive.

One of the MI guys has an X. I am hoping to make a track day with him this summer. Other than that, never see them around here.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on hearing the donkey story ahahhah
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts
I have thought about the TRE diff - EVOlutionary has it on his car. I'd like to try it out, but I don't know how it would react on the track. Right now, its very comfortable for me to drive.

One of the MI guys has an X. I am hoping to make a track day with him this summer. Other than that, never see them around here.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:54 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by kyooch
haha i LOVE all these clever license plates going around -

Noize, I was wondering the same for you, for the tre rear diff?

Sorry to be a little OT!
I never tried, but I think there is nothing that can offer the feel and course correction of real SAYC. Sure, you can medicate it with better tires and suspension, but these cars are FWD based, so the weight distribution is not too grand. They push more than I'd like. The X was a whole new ballgame.

I think the ultimate Evo (barring a TME 6.5) would be a UK FQ330 IX. SAYC, aluminum roof, and Electric Blue, please.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
Technically, the X is more of a real Evo than any US VIII or IX.

last real evo was the IV wasn't it?

All our CT9A cars were neutered of their SAYC.
Most of the racing Evos I have heard about had AYC replaced by a conventional dif. AYC for show, LSD for go
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

i like it! +1 on bb storm too... phone rules!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

OK, I know its way off topic, but I have to hear this runaway donkey story, please.
As you can imagine, any story involving a mule/donkey means the parents house in in the sticks...not super out there, but its farm area.

Our neighbor has a pet mule (chicken coupe, goats, whole 9 yards - but does not need a mule for any work), I miss typed donkey - my bad, but Iris is an evil thing with 4 legs and attitude. She is not broken and does not like living the good life of free food, acre to play in, etc. Damn thing is smart too. She managed to get out of the gated area one day last summer.

So the neighbor comes over seeing if my father and I could help. I have a background in ecology/envsci, albeit, small mammals. So off we go, I grabbed some rope and my boots. Neighbor thought it would be rather easy to walk up to her and grab her bit to pull her back in. Iris had other plans.

Besides charging, kicking, and trying to bite, yes bite...we spent the better part of the day trying to catch her. Over across the street, into the woods (found a very very old cemetery (i.e. people this area is named after)) and steep riven, half mile either way. The neighbor even tired Animal Control, and being in farm country, you would think they would have a dart gun or method to help us - AC said tough luck...no joke. They did call the PD and FD for us.

PD/FD come and we are having a good laugh now. Between a good 10 of us, no luck. Moving cars to block where we could, stationing people, trying to circle around, roping areas, and the ilk. We thought about tasers, but those are only rated for human weights. Best a taser would do to the mule is **** it off more. Worse case was handguns. Really, we had no options - no darts, no large animal vets where close, nothing.

Eventually, after another few hours Iris had her fun and walked back into her area under her own free will. In the end, it was all good and lots of parts funny.

Last edited by Smike; Feb 17, 2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling > me
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

for some reason when i read this story i think of borat lol everyone chasing a mule. but thats great hahah
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:35 PM
EvoM Administrator

As you can imagine, any story involving a mule/donkey means the parents house in in the sticks...not super out there, but its farm area.

Our neighbor has a pet mule (chicken coupe, goats, whole 9 yards - but does not need a mule for any work), I miss typed donkey - my bad, but Iris is an evil thing with 4 legs and attitude. She is not broken and does not like living the good life of free food, acre to play in, etc. Damn thing is smart too. She managed to get out of the gated area one day last summer.

So the neighbor comes over seeing if my father and I could help. I have a background in ecology/envsci, albeit, small mammals. So off we go, I grabbed some rope and my boots. Neighbor thought it would be rather easy to walk up to her and grab her bit to pull her back in. Iris had other plans.

Besides charging, kicking, and trying to bite, yes bite...we spent the better part of the day trying to catch her. Over across the street, into the woods (found a very very old cemetery (i.e. people this area is named after)) and steep riven, half mile either way. The neighbor even tired Animal Control, and being in farm country, you would think they would have a dart gun or method to help us - AC said tough luck...no joke. They did call the PD and FD for us.

PD/FD come and we are having a good laugh now. Between a good 10 of us, no luck. Moving cars to block where we could, stationing people, trying to circle around, roping areas, and the ilk. We thought about tasers, but those are only rated for human weights. Best a taser would do to the mule is **** it off more. Worse case was handguns. Really, we had no options - no darts, no large animal vets where close, nothing.

Eventually, after another few hours Iris had her fun and walked back into her area under her own free will. In the end, it was all good and lots of parts funny.

That's pretty much the best post I've seen on the internet in weeks. Thank you. The bolded part is sigworthy.