Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo cash price?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2003, 04:18 AM
AMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with sunroof paid about $500 over dealer "cost" or about $28,700. Out the door with title, taxes (8% ouch!) and transfer fees $31,500 on the nose. Paid cash.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 04:49 AM

The company I work for does business with certain car manfacturers and we (the employees) get discounts on the cars that the manfacturers sell.

Mistu, GM, Ford, Dodge/ Jeep/ Chrysler, Infinity/ Nissan are the ones we get discounts from.

I can get a base EVO (if ordered) for $25k. If it's on the lot it's $26k plus tax tag and title. It's a fleet program (sales type 52).

My point is, yes you can get a new EVO for $25k

Why don't I have one yet you may ask, I have to sell my car first to meet the downpayment.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by EVIL VIII
First off, the EVO VIII price is set in stone. I have yet to hear of anyone getting the car for below sticker, because they aren't marked up. That is coming from a friend who sells cars/trucks for a living. 2nd, whether it's cash or financing, they are still selling a car, but I disagree that the dealerships would rather get the vehicle financed. The dealership doesn't see a penny of the interest, the bank or lending institution gets all that.

I had a guy offer $48,000 cash for mine, but I laughed at him and never called him back. I wouldn't sell my car right now, I am just getting used to it...
From my career experience we do get money from the interest and we do mark up the interest as well. You may have been approved for 5.9 but we would try selling it at 8.9 as for not selling your car for 48k you have just lost the deal of a lifetime i would have sold it...bought a new one and dumped the 18k+ that you would have had extra right into the engine. how does 500 horses sound? easily done with 18K
Old Sep 19, 2003, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by ducaticorse
first off, the dealer couldn't give a SH-IT how you buy the car. He would prefer to inhouse finance because they get a percentage of the finance charge. And second I got my evo for 600 less than INVOICE, yes the dealer took a 600 dollar loss on the car. It was the end of the month, they had 6 on the lot, and it was the only way I could get financed with my limited down payment and my over extended credit. The owner of the dealership approved the deal after the GM shut me down. The owner just wanted to boost the number of units sold, so I lucked out. I think I ended up paying around 27.something k brand new, color of my choice.
Dealerships never actually lose money theres kickbacks everwhere that we can't disclose
Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Pay in cash doesn't mean anything...
I would rather show up with a peoplefirst.com check... shows
them you're financing and you qualify for financing..

When I bought my evo for few hundred more than invoice..
the finance manager took 30 mins calling bunch of banks in order
to beat my peoplefirst rate...
Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

my buddy got his evo without sunroof for 28,500 in south carolina
Old Sep 19, 2003, 03:41 PM

i dont really know but someone i know that lives in the us bought a caddy in cash and got 12k off the price they had
Old Sep 19, 2003, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by EVIL VIII
First off, the EVO VIII price is set in stone. I have yet to hear of anyone getting the car for below sticker, because they aren't marked up.
I was able to get 2,000 off MSRP.

Dealerships don't care if it's cash. They would rather finance you and make some money on the back end of the interest. They have to account for each car so it's of no benefit to take cash and make it an under the table deal.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 10:45 PM

Whats confusing about this thread is that "most" people keep saying + or - of MSRP.....but you aren't saying what the MSRP was to start off with and more importantly, what the car had? Roof? no Roof? Wing? No wing etc.

Without the latter informaiton... wouldn't it skew the perpective of savings?

Or am I a complete NEWBIE (which I am) and don't understand the basics of MSRP?

:P
Old Sep 21, 2003, 02:22 PM

MSRP is what Mits states what the car costs.... anything above that what a lot of dealers were trying to ask for is markup.....
Old Sep 21, 2003, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

The best deal I caould find in SOCAL for 2 month for a SIlver EVO 8 with no sun roof and with a CF wing was $28,700 before tax and licence adn that was with 20K cash down on the sighning I went to 3 othere dealer pulled out 10K in cash put on the table and they told me MSRP and one said 200 under I LOL and said **** U and then got lucky at Riverside Mitsu heheheh