Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo cash price?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2003, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo cash price?

I am about to come into some $ and was womdering how much an brand new Evo VIII can go for if you pay in cash ( yes, cash). Is there a chance it can be bought for around $25,000 w/ all options.

Has anyone done this or know anyone who has, thanks all
Old Sep 18, 2003, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$25000 with all option? Sweet dream.

Just show the salesman the bling bling and see what is his/her reaction.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 07:38 PM

Buying for cash is not a big deal. They'd probably rather you finance since they make money from it.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

I paid cash and got it for sticker.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

The dealers freak out if you start pulling $100 bills out of a bag.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

First off, the EVO VIII price is set in stone. I have yet to hear of anyone getting the car for below sticker, because they aren't marked up. That is coming from a friend who sells cars/trucks for a living. 2nd, whether it's cash or financing, they are still selling a car, but I disagree that the dealerships would rather get the vehicle financed. The dealership doesn't see a penny of the interest, the bank or lending institution gets all that.

I had a guy offer $48,000 cash for mine, but I laughed at him and never called him back. I wouldn't sell my car right now, I am just getting used to it...
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Definately not true. The dealership has the ability to lower or raise your finance rate. They definately get something back from the bank when they convinced his customer to finance through the dealership preferred bank.

Originally posted by EVIL VIII
The dealership doesn't see a penny of the interest, the bank or lending institution gets all that.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

first off, the dealer couldn't give a SH-IT how you buy the car. He would prefer to inhouse finance because they get a percentage of the finance charge. And second I got my evo for 600 less than INVOICE, yes the dealer took a 600 dollar loss on the car. It was the end of the month, they had 6 on the lot, and it was the only way I could get financed with my limited down payment and my over extended credit. The owner of the dealership approved the deal after the GM shut me down. The owner just wanted to boost the number of units sold, so I lucked out. I think I ended up paying around 27.something k brand new, color of my choice.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

If you don't want to sell your car for $48,000, I will. Can you passed the guy info. I'll bet a lot of member at this forum will be willing to sell their car for $48,000.

I had a guy offer $48,000 cash for mine, but I laughed at him and never called him back. I wouldn't sell my car right now, I am just getting used to it...
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Whoa $48,000 for your Evo? If someone offered me that money or above the price of my Evo, I'll give it to him. I can buy another Evo plus I got some cash to spend.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Your friend doesn't sell cars, and no one offered you 48k for your car. Dealers make a percentage of the loans they sell to they're customers.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Also, why is a dealer going to sell you a car for 2.5k less than he paid for it?
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:42 PM

Ok, guys lets get this right once and for all.(as he puts on his flame suit) First off 15 years in the car business I have only seen a dealer sell a car for a loss twice. Did you realy think they were taking a hit just to be good guys. Those that payed invoice or less guess what? The dealer still made money no loss for them at all. Let's not forget backs, flooring, plus if any extra dealer incentives running that month payed to the dealer. That gives you true cost - some small costs to the dealer. Dealer gets a % of the finance if you go thru them. The longer the term the better they make out. If sombody offered you $48,000 for your EVO I would take it and run but thats just me. Showing cash to the dealer only shows him you are not BSing him and are ready to buy. He would rather have you finance thru him as he stands to make more that way. As for $25,000 cash it's a dream, no way no how at this point in time. Right now with the market so soft you should with some work be able to get invoice to around $500 under on the east cost.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Okay newbie, i don't know how old you are but let me enlighten you with some facts... Being someone that works at a dealership, i sell New Hondas in NJ... You would never get a better deal paying in cash, the dealership wants to finance you anyway possible... Where the hell did 25K come from, did you just pick a number from the sky because invoice is like 279 or 28 something...let's be a lil realistic but let's not get carried away, i agree do not pay sticker...

I myself paid sticker but i killed them on my trade so i was able to drop another 3 K because of the payoff... Also best deals are two days to the last day of eery month... Take my word for it, stop in the day you are ready to buy otherwise don't waste there time...
Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

End of the month is the best time to buy, I got the dealer to drop the price from 36 to 30800 out the door on the last day of the month.

Originally posted by RADmitsu
Okay newbie, i don't know how old you are but let me enlighten you with some facts... Being someone that works at a dealership, i sell New Hondas in NJ... You would never get a better deal paying in cash, the dealership wants to finance you anyway possible... Where the hell did 25K come from, did you just pick a number from the sky because invoice is like 279 or 28 something...let's be a lil realistic but let's not get carried away, i agree do not pay sticker...

I myself paid sticker but i killed them on my trade so i was able to drop another 3 K because of the payoff... Also best deals are two days to the last day of eery month... Take my word for it, stop in the day you are ready to buy otherwise don't waste there time...