Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Poeple hate my evo!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2003, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another point about shopping center parking lots. I look for where the employees park. They are usually grouped together near the back of the lots. If you frequent the same stores, you will familiarize yourself with certain cars that you know are parked all day. And 99% of the time, these employees don't walk back to their cars with shopping carts either. Also you are not parked all by yourself where your car is an open target.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 01:34 AM
Account Disabled

I drive my beater to go to the malls and leave my evo in the garage, no worrries
Old Sep 23, 2003, 02:01 AM

plant proximity mines a reasonable distance around your car then when some ***** tries to mess with it they are down a leg or 2 and lying on the floor waiting to get finished off when you come back..

also good for trolleys senior citizen drivers....

OR get some hired Goons to watch over it.. i hear you can get some apprentice ones pretty cheap...

Old Sep 23, 2003, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Believe it or not, it could simply be the color... Except for the chicken... I had 2 black cars prior to my Yellow.. They ALWAYS got hit by people.. I park my yellow EVO next to anything at stores and never have a problem... Who knows!!
Old Sep 23, 2003, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

I have had a lot problems with a-holes. also. I had some **** rear end me the other day and take of, pissed me off. I was at achurch funstion once and parked all the way on the curb (had about an inch between me and the curb) and someone still managed to open their door into mine, they also had the ***** to go and park somewhere else.
I am the suit at a local movie theater and am there every day working. As sardonic as it sounds, I have not once had a problem parking my car at work. We don't have Employee parking anywhere, so I'm usually stuck with a good 4/5 people (min.) pulling in and out next to me. I usually back in to the first space next to handicap parking and park on the line. I've got about three feet between me and the next car in either direction that way.
Yes, don't park next to suv's whenever possible. common sense tells you that. People just **** me of sometimes. Just cause they don't care what happens to there 89 buick that is rusted to hell doesn't mean that those of us who aren't rich and working to pay off our car would enjoy our cars looking like their P.O.S.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 09:01 AM

I think it boils down to people being in 2 categories. 1) Those who care about their material possessions, and 2) those who don't.

Chances are if someone has a good paying job, they will have a nice car and take care if it, therefore not wanting to hit your car with theirs. However, those people working at McDonald's driving an 86 Cavalier won't give a damn if something happens to their beater, so why should they be careful with their car.

I will go out of the way to park my RX7 on the opposite side of the parking lot to keep it away from people. Even doing so, occasionally someone will park right next to me, instead of the 30 other empty spots around me. It's annoying but there's really no way to prevent it. I will always park far away and walk when driving my nicer cars. There's less of a chance for damage that way. I am going on 2 years with my full repaint and have yet to get a doording or scratch.

It's too bad not everyone cares about their material possessions, but for those of us who do, it can really make us worry at times. My wife thinks I am crazy and says "It's only a car", but I know she isn't bonded to the car like I am, not having put in the elbow time, blood and sweat that I have to make it what it is today.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 09:10 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I love my cars whether it is old or new. that is why my 1988 mitsu is still pristine and in excellent condition. but with all these cars, I just give it a once over waxing and the rest is just wash. still hates it if someone does ding my old mitsu. although I use it more often for errands than the new ones
Old Sep 23, 2003, 09:34 AM

I also leave my evo in the garage, to go places such as the movies or stores, my second car is a 93 integra ls very low payments on insurrance, so I reccomend just get a second ****ty car that runs and stuff, so your evo won get fu*ked up anymore, and what they did was low, no one ever with any car deserves that bull****, good luck man.