Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Poeple hate my evo!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2003, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poeple hate my evo!

I don't know what I did to deserve this bad attention where ever I go.

Heres what happened, about almost 4 months ago someone parked next to me and hit my car on the driver door.After that I decided to park further away from cars; A month later some other idiot parks next to me and hits my driver side passenger door. Now i've decided never to park anywhere near other cars. Even then... the car gets attention.
Yesterday i went to go see that new movie "underworld", it was alright i guess... When i got outta the theatre and back to the car, i find chicken everywhere on my car including sauce and crap!!. At this points i'm really pissed me off.. I quickly cleaned that crap off and calmed down.
Now today! i goto the grocery store to pick up a few things for the house. I park far away from almost every car there. I go get the stuff i needed and come back to the car only to find that some retard backing up and hittin' the back side of my car. this left a dent in the bumper, scrapped the exhaust tip and popped the upper part of the bumper out from under the trunk, ripping one side out from the screws that held it in. Meanwhile the car gets away, I was too angery to recognize what model car it was. Some red heap of junk with discolored doors and crap on it.

Is this because i park too far away?
Anyone else havin this problem?

i'm too angery to take any pictures of it. Maybe later.

---
It can't be a case of jealousy towards me, because theres a buncha Audis, M3's, M5's, mercedes and stuff everywhere too.

WHY TARGET ME?

Last edited by Hien; Sep 21, 2003 at 11:45 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 11:44 AM

Sorry to hear it, but every time you take the car out of the garage, you risk stuff happening to it. If it's a daily driver, it's gonna take a beating eventually.

The only thing I can suggest is try finding parking spots where there is a curb on one side of you.. then park right up against it. Also, look for other nice cars in the parking lot and park next to them. Chances are they care about their car and don't want dings either.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 11:47 AM
NRG
Evolving Member

I wouldn't park far away from other cars if I were you......The further away, the easier it gets attention and plus the further away the more likely people will mess with it because they see less people around. The best place to park is where there are many cars and park next to ATLEAST descent cars so the owners of those cars will respect your car too. Parking close to other cars also blends your car in so people won't notice it that easily....
Old Sep 21, 2003, 11:52 AM

yeah eventually stuff like that is bound to happen... still. I've been driving my mothers old car for about two years before i got this thing, i parked that thing in the worse areas ever and never got hit by anything.

And btw i do try to park next to nice cars, at leasta space away from them.
I know they don't want dings on their cars too
There was a yellow M3 guy a space a away from me, and on the other side there was an Audi guy

i sense hate.!
Old Sep 21, 2003, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Oh no! My name is Hien also!
Old Sep 21, 2003, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

People are such *******s
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by Hellraiser
People are such *******s
yes, yes they are...

Time to buy a body Kit! and also take what NRG said into consideration.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, dont park all alone. It's a target out there and people know you don't want anyone messing with it, and in turn it probably will make some ahole do something.

I put together some parking tips that have helped me keep my cars safe and ding free:

Assess the parking lot when you pull in. Do as AZevo said, park at an end spot closest to the curb or slightly over the painted line. If there are angled spots, they are better. They give you a lot more room. Some spots are very wide and there's no need to park far away.

Do park next to nicer cars. Avoid large trucks and SUVs, old large american cars. Also, it the car looks like a senior citizen drives it, do not park next to them. They are notorious for fully opening their door to help them exit the car. And they do not fully understand a small ding is a major blemish to most of us.

Watch shopping carts. Use curbs as "blockers" just in case a cart rolls toward your car. Look at the grade of the lot. Park at the highest point so carts roll down and away from your car. Also, avoid shopping on windy days. These carts turn into missles. And avoid WALMART parking lots. They are full of carts, and seems like the typical customer drives a beater.

Do not take up two spots. It will promote vandalism to your car.

Avoid certain places if you can such as high schools, concerts, bars, and sometimes movie theaters. High school kids are immature and jealous. They WILL f'up your car if they are hanging around in the parking lot. With bars, you can find people pulling out of spots and hitting your car due to their impairment. Also fights in the parking lots can cause damage to your car. Any events with tailgating could be a problem, with people playing catch with footballs, frisbees, leaning on your car, placing bottles on the roof, etc.

If you can, use the girlfriend/wife's car for the times you feel the Evo is vulnerable. The Evo is not so much a "beacon of attention", but the wing attracts attention.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:19 PM
DGS
Evolving Member

It's "Wing Envy".

It's not possible to park "away from other vehicles" around here, other than in a garage.

I tried parking in the empty places with the 328, when I first bought it, but I've concluded that I could park it on the dark side of the Moon, and within ten minutes, there'd be two lunar rovers parked next to it (one with a banged-up fender.)

(I think people are hoping their POS will learn something from proximity to the Ferri.)

The advice above is best: park down close next to other relatively new cars. Leaving empty spaces next to you leaves a place for an old rusty truck to pull in beside you.

At least the EVO is tall enough to be seen from inside an SUV.

Last edited by DGS; Sep 21, 2003 at 12:23 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude, Im so very sorry to hear of this. As I too, am very **** about where I park. I frequently get a rashion of crap from the girlfriend, because we may have to walk an extra 200ft or so to go into a store. It REALLY pisses me off when I go the extra length to park away from cars, only to come outside and find a piece of **** parked right next to me. I mean seriously, do people in their ****ty honduhs and berettas really need to park next to me? Each time I come out to check on my car I look carefully over every door panel to see if anything was touched. I havent yet had to put the knee to someones car, but the day will come.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:39 PM

Tell me about it...
Here in Los Angeles there are tons of great cars, so the EVO is not a big case of car envy -or so I thought!
I park in my office parking lot, where there are lots of car lovers, so we respect each other and leave an empty -and tight!- spot in between our cars, or we park away from the crowd that needs to be close to the entrances. So I come to my car on a Friday after work, I parked against the curb, nobody on my right, almost touching the tires, to give as much room as possible to the guy on my left. Humble me, I tought, protect my car and leave as much room as possible to the next guy. I enter the car, turn on the headlights and BAM! Someone had SPAT on my driver side mirror!! Not once, but three freaking times! There was a mess of dried spit on my mirror! Talk about disgusting envy! What's wrong with you people!?!?
Old Sep 21, 2003, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by SinCityEvo
Yeah, dont park all alone. It's a target out there and people know you don't want anyone messing with it, and in turn it probably will make some ahole do something.

I put together some parking tips that have helped me keep my cars safe and ding free:

Assess the parking lot when you pull in. Do as AZevo said, park at an end spot closest to the curb or slightly over the painted line. If there are angled spots, they are better. They give you a lot more room. Some spots are very wide and there's no need to park far away.

Do park next to nicer cars. Avoid large trucks and SUVs, old large american cars. Also, it the car looks like a senior citizen drives it, do not park next to them. They are notorious for fully opening their door to help them exit the car. And they do not fully understand a small ding is a major blemish to most of us.

Watch shopping carts. Use curbs as "blockers" just in case a cart rolls toward your car. Look at the grade of the lot. Park at the highest point so carts roll down and away from your car. Also, avoid shopping on windy days. These carts turn into missles. And avoid WALMART parking lots. They are full of carts, and seems like the typical customer drives a beater.

Do not take up two spots. It will promote vandalism to your car.

Avoid certain places if you can such as high schools, concerts, bars, and sometimes movie theaters. High school kids are immature and jealous. They WILL f'up your car if they are hanging around in the parking lot. With bars, you can find people pulling out of spots and hitting your car due to their impairment. Also fights in the parking lots can cause damage to your car. Any events with tailgating could be a problem, with people playing catch with footballs, frisbees, leaning on your car, placing bottles on the roof, etc.

If you can, use the girlfriend/wife's car for the times you feel the Evo is vulnerable. The Evo is not so much a "beacon of attention", but the wing attracts attention.

Hope this helps.
this has got to be practically the most complete & best advice for parking. yes, EVERY walmart has carts left and right, up curbs, on the grass, everywhere!! and 99% of the cars are beaters all right! just look at the mess inside the store..it's kind of a reflection of the people shopping there

Last edited by ciaxtrinity1; Sep 21, 2003 at 01:48 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear this
Old Sep 21, 2003, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone.
i guess its just gunna take some time until evo's outta the spot light...
the spot light i wish never came upon it.

maybe its the altezzas... hmmmm.

Old Sep 21, 2003, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Just an addon suggestion is to avoid parking next to 2-door cars. The doors are longer and it's often harder to get in them withou fully swinging them out. Even if the person tries not to hit your car, it's gonna be a lot harder for them without at least touching.
-N