Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Immobilizer Override Code?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2003, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Immobilizer Override Code?

Just got my Evo!
But in the excitement of delivery we went through the whole delivery process quickly. When I got home a went through everything and noticed this card. The card is for the 4 Digit Immoilizer Override Code. I don't remember getting any code and the squares on the card for the code are blank. My sales guy is off for the next 2 days, so I was wondering if someone here can help me. Has anyone encountered a similar situation with their Evo and how did you go about getting the code? There is this sticker that was affixed on the Owners Manual binder. On that sticker are some numbers. It starts off with MN and followed by 6 numbers total with the last 4 of them in bold. Could this be the 4 numbers for the override? Help!

TIA

p.s. on a side note, the car is a friggin BLAST!!! Only 23 miles and counting!!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Call your dealerships service department. Your salesman will have no clue anyway...

SC~
Old Sep 22, 2003, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Is that not for the radio? AFAIK there is no "code" to override the key immobilizer chip.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by webguy330i
Is that not for the radio? AFAIK there is no "code" to override the key immobilizer chip.
According to the card. The code is to allow temporary access to the car with a blank key (without a transmitter) that's been cut by a locksmith in the event you lose you key in the middle of nowhere and don't have access to your back up key. However in order for them to cut a key for you without a sample key they will need the vehicle key code that you got with your set of keys. For the temporary key that's been cut from a blank you have to go through a serious of steps in depressing the brakes to enter the code numbers to deactivate the immobilizer with the temporary key. The key is then good for starting the car 2 times. After that you have to go through the serious of pressing the brakes to enter the code again.

Last edited by evo_007; Sep 22, 2003 at 07:54 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

where is that code card? i never found one before ?
Old Sep 22, 2003, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

I know what your talking about. I didn't get this code either. My card was blank as well. They were supposed to give this 4 digit code to us when the car was delivered.

Brian
Old Sep 22, 2003, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this new feature? I never got any code card when I buy my car.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

I'll try to get a scan or pic of the card for those interested to see. It seems like not everyone is aware of this feature? I looked in the owners manual and there's no mention of it at all. The chances i'll ever need it is slim, but i'd just like to have it if it exists.

Last edited by evo_007; Sep 22, 2003 at 08:05 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 07:55 AM

Ask your dealer they will have the code for you. I had to ask for mine also, they just gave me a blank card. With the code you can get a key cut without a chip and start the car twice with the key every time you enter the code. I don’t see the point though unless you damage your key (with chip inside). If you lose the key you won’t have a key to copy any way?
Old Sep 22, 2003, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

PuertoRoc, they can always cut a new key via the VIN #.

This is an interesting "feature", thanks for the clarification evo_007. I imagine most dealerships probably keep this code on record somewhere for security purposes or they destroy it. If you lose that code someone could make a key for your car for themselves and drive away with it.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by PuertoRoc
If you lose the key you won’t have a key to copy any way?
From my understanding a locksmith can still cut a key from a blank without a sample key with only your Vehicle Key Code, that little metal tag with numbers on it that came with your set of keys. Of course it won't be of anyuse without a transmitter or your Immobizer Override Code to make it temporarily functional.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

i beleive the code is in the evo manual
Old Sep 22, 2003, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by webguy330i
PuertoRoc, they can always cut a new key via the VIN #.

This is an interesting "feature", thanks for the clarification evo_007. I imagine most dealerships probably keep this code on record somewhere for security purposes or they destroy it. If you lose that code someone could make a key for your car for themselves and drive away with it.
The key code and the Immobilizer code are two different things. With your key code you can get a copy of the key made at the dealer. This should have come with your keys a little piece of metal with six digits on it. The immobilizer code is a four digit number that shuts off the immobilizer then lets you start the car with a cut key that match your original that doesn’t have the chip. So the immobilizer code would do no go with out the key. I believe you still need a cut key to enter the code – not sure on that.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by PuertoRoc

The key code and the Immobilizer code are two different things. With your key code you can get a copy of the key made at the dealer. This should have come with your keys a little piece of metal with six digits on it. The immobilizer code is a four digit number that shuts off the immobilizer then lets you start the car with a cut key that match your original that doesn’t have the chip. So the immobilizer code would do no go with out the key. I believe you still need a cut key to enter the code – not sure on that.
Right but you don't need the keycode to get a new key CUT, you just need that so they can likely order you a new key with the chip in it. As long as it's not a laser-cut key (a la BMW, Merc, etc.) the dealership can cut the key for you on the spot.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:09 AM

Now I see what you mean.

Quick Reply: Immobilizer Override Code?